[Tue] 01 Oct 2013 (CAS vs Mountain (Spoiler: mountain wins))

How we died
Gaia

Re: [Tue] 01 Oct 2013 (CAS vs Mountain (Spoiler: mountain wi

Post by Gaia »

I could sing for you Homer. Join my FT's in the future, I tend to sing a lot...

And thank you Croc, that video was VERY enlightening. It was weird to know that we really were off in our own little world of death and bullets...

Inverselaw

Post by Inverselaw »

Expanded Mandate
UN CO

Oh man nobody is volunteering, I guess I will. It cant be that hard a mission *Map loads* Oh its the ''Its just a hind'' mission, im fucked.

And indeed we all were. I have to say taking this mission on with about half the numbers from the last attempt may not have been the most reasonable of all ideas. Even then I tried my best, the plan was to keep the infantry to wooded areas and use the vehicles to clear out and guard the open fields between forested areas. Sadly though the vehicles did a good job of eliminating northern forces, a large unit to the south west of the second tree area was left largely unmolested and cut down alpha with no problem. Later on I managed to use the weapons team to severly lower their numbers but by then it was already much much too late.

Radio Free Hazar
ASL

ASL is not a very usefull post when you only have 1 squad and a CO. oh well, ei exposed themselves to fire from two seperate directions and it didnt end well for them.

Roundabout
A2 FTL

The video above is from the view of my AR, not much happend, we spent the battle listening to the most enthusiastic Gaius of all Gaius, blundering into blind enemy infantry, and watching my AR do a ''now you see me, now you see a cloud of exploded flesh that once was a man'' trick on an enemy gunner.

Also BSG was rather mediocre and im mad that it took the sci-fi community by such a storm that they ruined Stargate with that crap wannabe BSG show. That is all

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Inverselaw wrote:we spent the battle listening to the most enthusiastic Gaius of all Gaius
Haha, it was worth watching the video just for that. I don't remember at all the engagement that had Gaius announcing EIGHTEEN EI though. Maybe that was while I was off getting a my new gun.
But yeah, despite really wanting to convince myself otherwise, I think A3's rampage would've been cut short a lot sooner had the AI not suffered from extreme retinitis pigmentosa. In fact I can think of one definite occasion.

P.S. On average, over the 5 seasons, yeah BSG was mediocre. A lot of very poor episodes. But season 1 and 2 were fantastic! As for Stargate? I just couldn't condone a smartarse McGuyver.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Homercleese wrote: But yeah, despite really wanting to convince myself otherwise, I think A3's rampage would've been cut short a lot sooner had the AI not suffered from extreme retinitis pigmentosa. In fact I can think of one definite occasion.
Same, I can think of two. First was when that squad appeared right in front of Homer. That shoulda killed you. How the hell did you make it?

The second was when we blundered right in front of a HMG emplacement, and the guy never fired.

The 18 EI was a rough and incorrect estimate I made of the amount of guys around the BTR. I saw about 5 -7 there, and I extrapolated that they had to have more, since we had had very sporadic engagements since that hill early on...

PS, screw you, Stargate was awesome. But I seem to remember watching a lineup of SG-1, Atlantis, Dr. Who, and BSG at least once on a Friday...

I might be going insane though... I have a nasty cold.

Inverselaw

Post by Inverselaw »

Comparing the second night mission to the first it really feels like AI detection is severly nerfed by nightime but accuracy isint (which kinda makes sense).

Also Gaius, you misunderstand me. Stargate was awesome, until the producers saw BSG and they decided they too wanted to make a dark show about dark people doing dark things in the dark. They barely even lasted two seasons, fucking enterprise lasted longer.