[Sun] 27 October 2013 (Tractor Traitor)

How we died
dancemoox

Re: [Sun] 27 October 2013 (Tractor Traitor)

Post by dancemoox »

Crash Site - Opfor Bravo 2 FTL - Aquarius Zenzos Homercleese

Generalisimo Fer had B2 load in TH1 with Super to provide aerial recon and shooty powers, once the wreck was located we re-tasked to land and rejoin Bravo. On the pass over the C-130 we took a little fire and I fired off a belt from the rear gun to keep up the morale of the troops. On landing we had a lot of ground to cover to rejoin Bravo, we kept to trees where we could but time was a factor - throwing caution to the wind I ordered my men to break cover and cross full speed in the open. We made it to the treeline intact and I checked the map. Homer took a bullet and I threw some smoke I had Aquarius and Zenzos get eyes towards the crash site and I 95% healed Homer when I took a bullet myself.. Zenzos got myself and Homer up but Homer was without legs, doomed never to walk again. Inverse BSL had made it to the crash site and our treeline was taking all kinds of fire from every direction, I took another bullet and crawled inside a downed tree to get picked up again. Once mobile Inverse asked 'have we got the intell' right as the prompt fired. I fired off smoke into the field and TH1 returned for extract. I said my goodbyes to Homer as we knew he'd have to be left behind. Super made an abortive landing and I fired the last of my smoke off, as soon as he was down B2 rushed for the chopper, I lost track of my men but managed to get into the rear gunner seat again, I looked down the sight readying to fire when I was hit by my third bullet, then my fourth, fifth and sixteenth.. I presume if I had the data I dropped it inside TH1 with my dying slump. My body may have been airlifted back to base, or Super may have dumped it as dead weight on extract.. Homer and Aquarius were still alive at the crash site for a spell, but were eventually mopped up..

Expanded Mandate - CO Medic - Super CO

<Video to Follow>

A nix mixture of kneeling around watching cool stuff 'slode and things catch fire as well as manic rushing to extract wounded crewmen. I only left Supers side twice during the mission, once to heal up Kettle after they brewed up and again to extract the Gong crew from the flaming exploding rather amazing wreckage.. I extracted Fer and his two crew and started to apply the burns dressings first to Fer then the rest of his crew. I thought his third crew member was already dead when he didn't move, Fer checked on him and began CPR once my casualty was stable I gave a status update to Super and joined Fer in getting his man up. A burst of heavy fire tore through myself and one of the Gong crew. Fer patched me up and I departed to heal up Super who in my absence had taken a bullet or two. I got to Super and threw some morale boosting smoke, I began to stitch up his wounds and was just about to give him his lollypop for being such a cooperative patient when I took a bullet to my head, my life energy surged through my hands and gave Super the boost he needed to get up onto the hill and secure it for the UN..

Fer healing me up with a burning Gong in the background.

Air Raiders - Bluefor BSL (Bobcat Serious Luxury)

In a fit of confusion or sabotage Carson requested I slot as Bravo Squad lead, with no squad to command I looked through the briefing for a job I could do. Reading the wonderful word Bobcat I knew what I was destined to do - and so the Mooxcat was born! :hist101:

As Alpha and MMG advanced on the right Mooxcat and CO Super used the power of ramming speed to break through the defences in the center and keep the defenders penned in for quite some time.. I found the towers to be made of cheat-tonium the worst element in the universe and the only one resistant to the awesome power of the Bobcat.. The house I smashed through wasn't so tough and the shipping containers set as cover were no match either.. Super decided to jump out to apply some savlon to his scratches and got himself killed. I was then stuck on part of the tower when Opfor MAT got over the mooxkrieg and managed to hit me with a rocket..

Come From the Water - Alpha 3 AR - Boberro FTL Ice Sapper

I may need to get A3 glasses, I can't see things further than 200m. When given a bearing I was happy to suppress, Ice almost blew us all up looting a corpse with explosive abandon. Boberro died as we overwatched the town. I took charge and assaulted to the abandoned building next to the graveyard, I found the recoil to be too much and only managed to kill three before being overwhelmed. I then joined the Swedish & Irish conversationalists club for a migrane producing time in limbo..

As far as I made it - Not pictured the horde of angry CSAT I killed and was killed by.

Compound - Indi A2 FTL - Mamba Hhead Stff

CO Ice stole head to speak more Ikea borkbork and A2 was tasked to take the west side of town and shoot things. Once in position I fired suppressive rounds into the west building making the defenders break for cover. Once A1 were dying inside the east buildings I lead my team inside to clear the west. Most of the doors were fake and broken windows were causing strange lighting glitches. We found the enemy to be on the top floor, I fired Mamba strafed back down stairs I stopped firing and died.
ramming speed!

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Crash Site
Everything was going swimmingly. We arrived at the crash site first, and were providing overwatch for Bravo as they moved in on the intel. Then we were tasked with shooting 600m+ at enemies hiding behind trees. Pretty much all of Alpha got tunnel vision and didn't notice a whole flanking section sneaking up on us. Textbook flank equaled a dead Alpha squad within seconds. Well played. I did get to watch SuperU's epic extract, so there's that!

Expanded Mandate
I still have nightmares of Carson's maniacal laughter from the first time we played this mission but that did not stop me, SethroTull, and Misho from slotting into Weapons Team 1 and doing some work. We stayed to the East of Alpha, providing overwatch and long range M60-E sniping action. As we got closer to the hill, I grew more and more apprehensive.. I did not want to go up the hill. We ended up going up there anyway, staying on the South side of the slope, until 2-3 tanks rolled up on us from the West. Misho fired 2-3 rockets at them before getting brutally murderized. Sethro dropped his M60, picked up Misho's rocket launcher, and proceeded to take out a tank, but died valiantly right after, right in front of me. Wiping his blood and guts off my face, I ended up grabbing his M60 and pulling south and then west off the hill. Flanking the counter-attack, I ended up taking out a handful of Russians. We were then given an order to charge the hill. Confusion ensued, who was friendly? Who was an enemy? Who was in command? Why oh why is it so dark?? What's this hot lead in my brain? Great mission as always.

ArmA 3
Air Raiders

Defending Alpha 2 AR
We ran north into the open hillside but were found by the HMG soon after. I booked it back to the airfield and took cover in a bunker right next to the minefield. The bobcat was doing terrible terrible things mere feet away from me but I couldn't do anything to help other than report in the enemy movement. At one point I noticed two bad guys in one of our hangars and so I opened up on them. I managed to get one, and guided Alpha 1 onto the rest of them. Good fun.

Come From the Water
People were more wary than usual over taking Squad leadership roles so I decided to take alpha after counting down from 5. At 2, Ferrard slotted in but then swapped with me, saying to not worry, I'd die and he'd end up commanding anyway. Guess what happened? I was the first to die. Phew. Squad leading still scares me.

Compound
Defending AR under Ferrard
We took up positions in the corner building, on the roof and top floor. It was nice and quiet right up until the IFV lit up our building from the Northeast. I got hit but managed to prone before dying and managed to patch myself up. Then I noticed that Carson was dead, which I found quite humorous after the events of the previous mission. We managed to defend fairly well until the only thing left was the IFV, which we had no way of destroying.. (we should have a way of destroying it, otherwise camping the rooftops is our only option)

Good fun as always.

I spent the rest of the day working on a few CO-OPs for FA, which I'm excited to share with you guys soon. You will all hate me :laugh: :twisted:

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

I shall compose a more in-depth AAR once I have returned from work, but for now, bear silent witness to the stupidity of a Tank Commander who forgets that there are these handy little things called "smoke dispensers" on the sides of the turret!

:siiigh:

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Satire

Post by Satire »

Here's Super's hot extract from my angle.

Along with more Extended Mandate.

Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Hey Satire, I think I've noticed that in several videos of yours, sometimes you seem to have issues marking stuff on the map accurately: use the compass on the map screen, as it points out exactly where you're looking.
You can move the compass around by click'n'dragging it so that the base is exactly on your position. Now you have a perfect line showing the bearing from your position, and you just need to guess the range.
Also remember to make use of the terrain features you can see. If you have the exact bearing and one or two terrain features around the thing you want to mark, you should be able to get the marker within 15m of the target.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Crocuta wrote:Crash Site:Everyone whose name began with 'Mr.' didn't make it to the chopper for extract. MrKev was accidentaly shot at base while boarding the Mi-8 (and couldn't get out to revive)
Issus wrote: What follows may be partially/entirely made up.

Issus: Kev, I have a terrible secret
MrKev: Is this to do with goats?
Issus: I've not actually seen an enemy so far in the session
MrKev: I... I don't know what to say about that. Although I will be silently thinking about how much of a coward you are.
[/b]
Some severe Mrkevism going on! I know I'm a pretty poor shot but c'mon, I'm a nice guy!

Crash Site
Misfire by door gunner Tigershark meant I was shot and bleeding out in the helo, couldn't disembark and as the helo dropped people off I was du-dead. Tiger did offer to 'rub it better' but by the time everyone disembarked so many people had been shot (from what I could gather) that there were too many holes in people for him to concentrate on just the one, and I was left behind.

Expanded Mandate - A2 AAR
Some pretty tight movement and awareness from Alpha if I do say so myself. We did well in lighting up the hill and advancing but that hill turned into death hill when we took it. I seem to end up in fireteams with Homercleese and Satire a lot and you guys always do a good job. Highlight of the mission was carrying 24 AK mags at one point - Mrkev takes his ammo bearer duties seriously.

Air Raiders - MMG dakka dakka man
I keep trying to convince myself that I should try leading fireteams more often, and in a low number adversarial leading the MMG team seemed like a nice in-between. My deputy was Issus (WHOM I DID MY UTMOST TO ENCOURAGE AND BOOST MORALE) and we were positioned quite a way south of everyone else to provide a base of fire as the squaddies advanced. We pushed up quickly and got into position - a position where we couldn't see anything, and with Super's ok I moved us up closer. Despite lots of moving around a looking with intent we were simply on the wrong side of the engagement to be of any use, so instead we pushed into the airport to link up with everyone else. Looking for a place to deploy we ran to a hangar for cover, where we got lit up and died quickly.

Come From the Water - B3 FTL
Following on from Air Raiders I made the leap to FTL! Bravo's job was to provide overwatch and suppress as Alpha pushed into the village. We did that pretty well, though there was only so much ground we could see and Alpha got chewed up once they entered the village properly. Satire did a good job of moving the fireteams around and we seemed to work well as a squad as a whole. With Alpha pretty much now an ex-Alpha our orders were to try and maneouvre around the fortifications and take the power station from behind. B3's job was to suppress the station, then charge. We did part one, then got killed doing part 2.
I had a few people drop in and out of my fireteam along with Spitnam from Alpha join towards the end, and as this was my first time FTLing I'd really love some feedback if you guys have any.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Issus

Post by Issus »

thekev506 wrote:
Issus wrote: What follows may be partially/entirely made up.

Issus: Kev, I have a terrible secret
MrKev: Is this to do with goats?
Issus: I've not actually seen an enemy so far in the session
MrKev: I... I don't know what to say about that. Although I will be silently thinking about how much of a coward you are.
[/b]
Some severe Mrkevism going on! I know I'm a pretty poor shot but c'mon, I'm a nice guy!
I would like to take this opportunity to:
1: Emphasise the disclaimer in my previous post. I am a lying liar who lies.
2: Point out that MrKev is indeed extremely nice and will most likely offer the support and encouragement you need to get over your many personal and professional insecurities. The only reason that it didn't work on me is that I spent the entire mission wheezing like an asthmatic donkey due to the ammo on my back, and so could barely hear a thing.

Also! Whilst not quite acting as an FTL lead in that mission, as your assistant I thought you had showed good communication, situational awareness and initiative. Right up to the point where I encouraged you to play swapsies with ammo boxes in direct sight of the enemy.

Inverselaw

Post by Inverselaw »

Crash Site
Bravo SL

We were ordered to flank from the north of the crash site so we did, I got the the plane itself with B1 and bravo 2 supporting a bit to the north. We got shot up hard, and started to die hard, so a super superU hot landing was organized and when we ran for it then I got shot and I told them to leave without me so they did (those bastards!) and we won. Hurray for victory.

Expanded Mandate
A2 FTL

After regaling my peers with soup based exploits we started the mission we moved to a local wall and then i keeled over, I never found out what killed me and none of my ftl mates were engaged.

Cheese soup
SOUPFOR CO

Now with pictures! The forces as you can see are arrayed below.

I committed a cardinal sin of cooking and used a good bottle of wine

I started cooking the onion and garlic in butter and then proceeded to add flour and slowly added milk while vigorously mixing the whole.

It gets better

Then I added a cup of white wine and 2 cups of vegetable stock. Then grated gouda and cheddar cheese till my arms hurt. Finally spices were added and the whole thing was left at low heat till the cheese was fully melted. At no point after adding liquids was the mix ever allowed to boil or even simmer.

Image[/URL]
Cheese not yet fully melted

I did notice that since the soup never simmers after adding the wine, none of the alcohol boils off so this is actually a pretty strong recipe. Anyway though my forces were all killed FAMFOR was soundly defeated after the deployment and I call my command a success.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

What just happened? :confused:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Only one cup of wine?