[Tue] 12 November 2013 (Choose Chernarus or No Pants)

How we died
harakka

[Tue] 12 November 2013 (Choose Chernarus or No Pants)

Post by harakka »

Tonight we enjoyed the company of 29 fellow human beings as we strove toward a better future.
  • A2
  • Red Snow
  • Generals (foggy morning)
  • Into The Sea

A3
  • Exothermic Reaction
  • Compound
In Red Snow we saw a powerful attempt by a relatively small spetsnaz force to destroy key enemy assets. However even though the CDF troops had all been mildly lobotomized, they still put up a good enough fight to put the Russians down. However roads were successfully mined and the last survivors of Alfa squad managed to destroy the depot, at the cost of their own lives.

The daytime struggle for train station control in Generals ended up in Takistani general's victory, even the PCP addled civilians were no match for his might.

In Into The Sea Blufor enjoyed an unusual amount of assets at their disposal. And dispose of them they did, Apache bit a MANPAD and Abrams got sneaked up on by a T-72. Infantry didn't fare any better, as the enemies employed tactical fences in numbers and with great success.

On the A3 side, Exothermic Reaction saw a classic Iceraiser ninja performance win the game for the attackers, even though all of his compatriots had been wiped out. You can view Iceraiser's final performance by the magic of clicking on this here link.

Compound ended up in a tie, although the defenders performed heroically against unsactioned use of heavy caliber weapons.

Thanks for everyone who joined us tonight. You were all a pleasure to shoot at / shoot virtual people with.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Satire

Re: [Tue] 12 November 2013 (Choose Chernarus or No Pants)

Post by Satire »

Red Snow - Bravo Squad Lead

Well, Bravo got the quieter task of the two, mining the two roads into town thank hitting an AA battery. I think this was the first time I've used a parachute in FA and not died! The first part went fairly well, although B1 had their demolitions man separated thanks to crazy para-drops. The bad omen came when on the way to the next mine we stopped to line up shots on a patrol. The plan was to drop them all at once, sneaky style. Instead B1's FTL died.

After crossing the field and resupplying at the ammo dump we mined the second road and worked east to try and take the pressure off Alpha. Which sort of had the end result of us getting gunned down. Part of it was bad positioning on my part, I should have got Bravo to the houses instead of using the treeline, the rest was bad luck as the AI picked us off one by one. We all ended up wounded and bleeding out.

Generals (foggy morning) - Blufor A1 FTL

Well, the plan was pretty simple, tactical blob to the station from the south and fan out to cover the station. It was all going pretty well until our glorious leader got himself shot...

Into The Sea - AH1 Gunner

Well, after two commands I felt I'd earned a toy slot. This should be good right?

Well, the Apache is powerful, but Arma had other ideas.

The HMG joined with a Strela/Igla to knock us out of the sky and I bled out as Ice dragged me from the cockpit. Next time I'm taking something with heavy armour!

Exothermic Reaction - Blufor Alpha AR

Well, the first run stared with an "All players dead" bug, so that gives me more stuff to fix!

The fatigue mechanics of Arma make the 800m walk unbearable. So much so that someone in another team accidentally fragged the CO. Group teleport in future versions will hopefully reduced the frustration, and rebinding grenade should help with fratricidal tendencies. This sort of gave the game away and Alpha spent the rest of the mission bounding forwards under fire. Then our clothes dissapeared for no reason. In fairness, the medic was nude to begin with so we were all drooping to the same level.

After Croc died I took the rest of us up to the base and played distraction force while Ice blew the truck. Victory!

Compound - Indfor CO

Well, I should first apologize for the IFV. I've seen it used enough without it being slotted (usually against myself I might add!) that I just assumed it was always in play. :oops:

My attack plan was simple, set up overwatch in the ruined tower, which is the only thing in town tall enough to see across the rooftops. One team would clear a building while the other shoots anyone attempting to give supporting fire from other buildings. We cleared on building but our clear team got killed in the second. After a protracted fire fight we decided to move to flank, when we suddenly got a victory screen.

Presumably FIA left the compound? Ah well, I'm happy even if it is classed as a draw!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Thanks for hosting Haraaka, nice that we let you out of the party dungeons server testing laboratory now and then..

Red Snow - Alpha 1 FTL - Audiox Mamba Swinkko

Paradrop went without incident, we regrouped with the rest of Alpha and moved down the prescribed treeline. As the move orders were formulated I kept my eyes on the EI contacts at the radar site, convinced they would go active once A2 moved, so distracted was I that EI were able to wander up right behind us and shoot both myself and Mamba. The contacts were dealt with and we moved crouch running down to cover A2. As SuperÜ took his fireteam inside we covered, the ZU went active my marksman went inactive I pushed up my team to the wall, Mamba went down again. I threw a frag and fired at the ZU, went around the barbed wire north side, shot a dude then went to see if Mamba was alive. He turned out to be very dead so I grabbed his RPG and then made friends with the angry angry AI. The HMG gunner fired and his bullets made a nice new set of ventilation holes in my skull my last words were giving a status report to Harakka "A1 is tw....."

Generals - Lord the honorable Sir Toppo's personal apothecary. (Opfor CO Medic)

All hail the mighty Toppo! After a brisk jog along towards the train station we paused, I made a joke about trains that nobody will really get and then we pushed on. I killed three farmers who had taken up arms against the rightful rule of Sir Toppo, I then moved into the train station with his Lordship and closed the door behind us. When the south door opened and Dan shot the man who'd let the draught in I closed the door again, then the mission ended. Clearly SuperÜ was killed by me closing the door :eng101:

Into The Sea - Alpha 1 AT - Aquarius Walter Alex Fake

Well A1s war adventures got off to a bad start, getting out of the MTVR Fake Alex broke every bone in his body so we were down an AAR from the outset. As we pushed into the staging area and got eyes on contacts surrounding the scrap yard I sighted in two targets. When cleared to fire down they went, then Aquarius took a bullet to my left, I ran across and dragged him into cover to heal him up. Without any fuss Michael the Alpha Medic was over helping me, with Aquarius back on his feet I moved to the closest tree to get eyes back towards the enemy. Aquarius then took a mighty murderous burst of fire, he was very dead very quickly. I let Walter know then reported Aquarius's death to SL. Then I reported the death of Walter to SL leaving me as the lone survivor. I kept my M136 but switched my rifle out and grabbed the rest of the the useful gear I could carry and met up with A2. This mission must be from an older F2 version, I wasn't able to join A2 so tagged along as best I could. On the attack down into the scrap yard I cleared the interior of the enterable tin building then pushed onto the next Alpha marker. Somehow the advancing Alpha 2 team members didn't see the EI next to them in a field, I shot him and dragged MrKev into cover just in time for the medic to patch him up.

As Alpha moved to the supermarket area I worked my way over fences clearing the warren of gardens and walled off bits, taking out EI as I found them. As I got myself ready to rejoin A2 I spotted an enemy technical north along the road and dived back into cover, thankfully on closer inspection the crew were dead, it was around then I noticed TS had become very very quiet, I asked for ASL with no reply, then knowing A1 FTL was dead A2? Still no reply, A2 AR? Command of Alpha fell to MrKev, the tank took a hammering and then started to cook off. I ran as fast as I could past Alpha 2 and got the crew out, Alpha Medic joined me but the sound of T72 engines rumbling around the town called to me more than the last wounded crewman. I called out for the tanks position and was greeted by "tank in the town tank in the town" over TS and CC, coming through a vennal I spotted the backside of the tank just outside the supermarket, I fired my AT hitting it in the rear. Out the crew bailed and down went IceRaiser. I checked the map and bolted across to help up my creator. The voice of Homer crackled across CC enquiring who was in command, "dance MrKev who's in charge in Alpha, dance you there" I responded I was just a lowly AT grunt listening in as I was lost and alone looking for guidance. The next ten or so minutes are mostly a blur, I asked Ice if he could repair the T72 for our tank crew to use but I guess he couldn't hear me over the gunshots and blood curdling cries for help, I healed up some more wounded and attempting a return to a downed Alpha got myself wounded, I must have blacked out because when I woke up I stood up and was instantly shot in the head..

Exothermic Reaction - Indi B1AT - Harakka FTL Michael Ardyvee

So the wonders of A3 continue, I found I was able to not at will turn my body gelatinous and pass through solid guard tower matter. This proved to hurt as I fell from the first floor of our first defence tower. Unable to heal myself up (at all) my attempted rocket fire from our second tower wasn't quite on target. I was able to use the advanced 'futuretec' aspects of A3 to pick out the names of the enemy team before I fired the rocket. In the end I decided to fire at Croc as he wasn't moving, the rocket impacted near(ish) and all manner of bullets flew my way. I hit the shutters and hunkered down. Only popping my head back up once they'd stopped to reload. In the end my aim was useless and I died quickly.

Compound - FIA CO

So my infallible defence plan for the three towers inside the compound has one fatal flaw, the illegal and underhanded usage of the mythical water creature as a HMG platform... I fired GP at it, then at the EI advancing on my building, but like 50% of my forces was killed by the gunner with no way to fight back :psyboom:

In the future I'm marking all of IceRaisers objectives with a Danish flag just because :zoidberg:
ramming speed!

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Make the joke about trains damnit! I want to not get it as well!

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Red Snow B2 AT
Even though we always get chewed up, Red Snow is still one of my faves. B2 landed and regrouped without much incident, then proceded to mine the roads. We spotted a patrol and dealt with them, then moved towards Berezino through the fields of death. After maybe 300m of moving we came under fire from every direction apart from the one from whence we came, and were all wounded or dead within the space of 10 minutes.

Generals (foggy morning) - A3 FTL
A3's job at the start of the mission was 'run behind everyone else' and we did that superbly. As we entered the town and started taking fire we became the manoeuvre element. Super had somehow gotten to the station before us, though we where only on the other side of the tracks. I tell my team to cross with me so we can back up general Super but upon reaching his position I realise that none of them has moved, they're all hiding behind a wall still. No time to wait for them, Super opens the station doors for me to grenade but my m203 needed reloading, so I click at them aggressively instead and quickly die.

Into The Sea - A1 AR
In the early stages of this mission our fireteam was to act as a base of fire, and the hills where we set up was a great place to do this. Soon enough we needed to move into the town itself and OHGODEVERYONEISDEAD. Moments after declaring that our FTL is down Dancemoox informs me I'm now in charge. Squad lead, CO?
Sorry everyone, I was absolutely lost at that point and wasn't sure how to move things on, not my proudest moment :( . I take a bullet whilst checking my map and bleed out.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Generals (foggy morning)
BLUFOR A3 RAT
We made a run for it, hanged south and ended moving on the station itself. Just as I hit the wall, a group of our guys (apparently among them our CO) ran up next to me, opened a door and were mowed down by an assortment of RPGs and smallarms. As I stood there, covered in HD blood, the mission ended in defeat.

Into the sea
BLUFOR A1 FTL
Our first casualty was Alex the False, felled by soviet engineering as he was left hanging on the rear of out transport. The rest of us advanced to the edge of the foest, and engaged. Almost immediatly, i took a hit, and was dragged away for the traditional belly rub. As soon as I was restored, I ran back towards the frontline, making a whole of 4 steps when a dozen or so MG rounds killed me on the spot. I could practically hear him yelling "and stay down"

Exothermic Reaction
BLUFOR A# RAT
Right off the bat, the game decided we were all dead, but did not actually kill us. We decided to give it a second chance.
As BLUFOR reached the top of the ridge, our CO and a part of Bravo were taken out in a freak grenade accident. It went downhill from there. Narrowly avoiding an AT round to the face, I crawled forward and was dumped out of Teamspeak. As I tried to get back in via overwolf, I was also dumped out of the server. I scrambled to rejoin, and woke up naked next to a strange house, and an even stranger group of army men. The server then kicked me out again, and both it and TS listed as dead from then on.

Exactly how much of the previous can be blamed on my NIC and/or provider?
And while I'm here: what is the party approved line of communication once TS goes down?
[/allegedly]

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Aqarius wrote:And while I'm here: what is the party approved line of communication once TS goes down?
I'd guess Group VON. Let your FTL know that your TS is down. If you're an element leader, appoint somebody in your element to take the lead. If you're alone in your element (eg CO or SL), Side chat to appoint a replacement, then join a fireteam.
Then again, if you're the only one whose TS has dropped, you're likely to get dropped out of the game anyway.

Alex

Post by Alex »

A little late but here it is.

Red Snow: Dodged the anti aircraft fire while crossing the field only to be cut down in an attempt to pull my injured FTL out of harms way.
Generals: Couldn't see much of anything in the fog. Never made contact with the enemy.
Into The Sea Life 1: Tripped getting out of the truck.
Into The Sea Life 2: Gunned down crossing a field behind another FTL who was wounded.

Exothermic Reaction:

Compound:
Had a temporary disconnect from reality (was afk) came back in time to catch up and was killed by a grenade.
(fake)