[Fri] 22 Nov 2013 [V+] (Last Orders)

How we died
Pr3sario

[Fri] 22 Nov 2013 [V+] (Last Orders)

Post by Pr3sario »

Comrades! Another AAR thread for you to muse over! We peaked tonight with 16 sacrifices comrades taking up arms to further our cause. You did us proud!Tonight we played:

• Random Engagements (Celle Edition)
  • Porto Clean Up (I think we can call this a success yeah? Yeah? No? OK.)
  • HOSTages
  • Sensitive Data
  • OpEnfield

Afterparty
  • Outpost Bean
  • Infection (Factory Horror)

Please share your screenshots, #selfies, videos and anything else you might have so that future generations can see what we sacrificed on this fateful night.

I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Satire

Re: [Fri] 22 Nov 2013 [V+] (Last Orders)

Post by Satire »

HOSTages - Blufor ASL

Fresh from joining the session I get volunteered for command. :?

Anyway, the plan was a two side breach, but guards in the roof basically screwed us from the start. A1 and myself made it to the building but we got shot to ribbons breaching in. Not my finest hour...

Sensitive Data - ASL

Well, this time I volunteered myself for CO duty, the madness must be getting to me.

The plan this time was to take full advantage of the armoured SUV's and blast anything outside the town before dismounting to clear before securing the data. On the way over, Mamba mentioned hearing helicopters, and some other asked for permission to engage. "Sure, as long as it's not a Hind, that'll just piss it off".

Fucking Hind :argh:

The front cars got rockets, I got the gun run, we all got mauled. Surprisingly, we only lost about 3 guys, sadly including the medic... After a quick break to figure out what to do now, we went on foot, shot up and stole an enemy technical, cleared the factory and secured the town. The counter-attack never came and we walked off into the sunrise.

OpEnfield - A1 "AT" Rifleman.

Not much to say here, we found the goat, lost it temporarily, found it again and I got blind-sided by Lazer and Croc. We still won in the end.

Outpost Bean - Alpha Medic

When in doubt, go to the Winchester, have a pint and wait for it all to blow over. Unfortunately, we weren't in London so a random Cherno pub would have to do.

Pubfor did pretty well, offering free healthcare to friendlies and free bullets to everyone else, at least until my patrons got shot. While they were still alive, we managed to secure an M14 and an Mk48 from the local hoodlums, helping our defence enormously. Then the mean man from the council revoked my late licence and I had to hoof it to pastures new.

I died shortly after.

Infection (Factory Horror) - M9 Man

Well, some bugger shot me. For some reason, bullets cause zombification, so I extracted revenge on the living.

I manage to maul someone to death and spent the rest of the mission making Dancemoox soil himself, which proved more entertaining than killing him. When the final rush came, I played heroic distraction by rushing alone from the other direction allowing the rest of the horde to make the sneaky flank.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Bumpy session for me. Thank you, Homercleese for sending me files. It conned the server into letting me in but ACRE was still screwed and I'm not quite sure what I did to fix it.

In Op Enfield we could hear dancemoox using the wrong radio and all assumed he was on our team. "I can see the goat to the North." Awesome, it's ours. :bang: Lazer and I closed in on retreating EI at the hill, but it wasn't enough.

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Satire wrote:Fresh from joining the session I get volunteered for command. :?
Satire wrote:Then the mean man from the council revoked my late license and I had to hoof it to pastures new.
Sorry to volunteer you buddy! Your license was refused on the grounds that there were a number of complaints from your neighbors about noise pollution. Something about "gunshots and screaming"...
Crocuta wrote:Bumpy session for me. Thank you, Homercleese for sending me files. It conned the server into letting me in but ACRE was still screwed and I'm not quite sure what I did to fix it.
Hey Croc, sorry you were having troubles. Dancemoox and I are around most evening during the week so if you want us to fire up the server to test your ACRE then just let us know. You can PM me here and I'll get the email right to my phone. Also - tech support around here is pretty good if you want to start a discussion thread for help.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Ah, the volunteering was fine, no worries!

And yeah, the patrons were being a wee bit rowdy, but you should have see the guys the bouncers had to deal with outside. They were fighting in the streets I tell ya!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Crocuta wrote:In Op Enfield we could hear dancemoox using the wrong radio and all assumed he was on our team. "I can see the goat to the North." Awesome, it's ours. :bang:
PSYOP 8-)

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Satire wrote:Sensitive Data - ASL

Well, this time I volunteered myself for CO duty, the madness must be getting to me.

The plan this time was to take full advantage of the armoured SUV's and blast anything outside the town before dismounting to clear before securing the data. On the way over, Mamba mentioned hearing helicopters, and some other asked for permission to engage. "Sure, as long as it's not a Hind, that'll just piss it off".

Fucking Hind :argh:

The front cars got rockets, I got the gun run, we all got mauled. Surprisingly, we only lost about 3 guys, sadly including the medic... After a quick break to figure out what to do now, we went on foot, shot up and stole an enemy technical, cleared the factory and secured the town. The counter-attack never came and we walked off into the sunrise.
That kinda omits the moment where I went screaming that it was coming back, begging you to back up the SUV, and you chose to abandon the ship and let myself and my minigun face the wrath of the flying beast instead.
You bastard.

I was surprised at how well the AI handled that attack run, though. It went all the way around to line up the perfect rocket run, followed by cannon fire, that was pretty nice.

Anyway, good session, much fun was had. And, daf, I'm sorry. My mum told me not to play with grenades, but I can't help it. I just love blowing shit up.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Random Engagements: BlueFor CO Medic. Deployed with the short fireteam so that we had 2 groups of four. made it into the town without incident but was soon informed that the other group were all wounded by a single grenade. I ran over with the squad leader and was gunned down in the streets.

Porto Clean Up: BlueFor CO Medic. Landed on the north beach and neatly walked within a dozen or so meters of a patrol on our way to the treeline. We 'Went loud' several moments later and I soon felt the sting of GP and went down until I was patched up. Spent equal time shooting and patching up wounds until the CO was wounded in his chopper and had to land. I ran over and pulled him onto the sand so i could pick him up. Distracted by the bullets coming in my general direction, I walked facefirst into a tail rotor.

HOSTages: The hostage. Sat and made small talk with my captors. Was not rescued but managed to steal a nifty pair of NVGs.

Sensitive Data: Bravo 1 AR. Hopped into our SUV and hit the road. Got an excellent view of the rockets that landed just a few meters in front of me and of the rockets that hit our SUV just in front of my face. I bailed out and watched the Hind take a large amount of fire and begin to fall out of the sky. Our driver/AAR was hit by some cannon shells during the attack and could not be saved. Ardyvee and I commandeered a technical and so were spared the tedious walking and most of the being shot at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJ6DJnSmxI

OpEnfield: IndFor. Circled the hill and covered the field while dancemoox lured the goat away with a tasty plaid shirt. Provided rearguard and was shot exchanging fire with the enemy.

Outpost Bean: Tipped off by the fact that the MP5 sucked, I ran to a crate and found myself a gold revolver. Armed like a true badass, I dealt a series of headshots as I circled the compound eliminating threats. Was eventually snuck up upon while reloading.
Infection (Factory Horror)
(fake)