[Sun] 24 Nov 2013 (Left Behind)

How we died
Ferrard Carson

[Sun] 24 Nov 2013 (Left Behind)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

39 brave comrades welcomed closed out November's Sundays by leaving everyone behind in the quest to save the Golden Revolver! But first...

ArmA 2 Missions:
  • River Assault
  • Khalid Pass
  • Ashore
  • Outpost Bean
ArmA 3 Missions:
  • fa3_c12_they_just_patched_a3_and_the_server_is_.02_iterations_behind_v1
We began with a nice, leisurely stroll down the riverside, autocannons and FAL fire singing in our ears (and out the other side of our heads) in River Assault. Attempts to be sneaky-sneaky on a lightly rolling dinner-plate were foiled by vast amounts of even sneakier smurfs, including a self-disposing helicopter!

What followed was a night of darkness and light, with the barely visible Khalid Pass intermittently lit by flares, gunfire, and explosions as IndFor recovered from a devastating initial ambush to sweep the Russians off the ridge.

Ashore on the coast of Chernarus, the Marines crossed paths many times as we waded through the thoroughly infested streets of Chernogorsk, eventually murdering enough of the locals for them to give us the location of their stash of beans...

Which we found ourselves hopelessly defending as the Survivor hordes descended upon our meager little fort, known to the history books as Outpost Bean. The majesty of the Golden Revolver carried the day, whispering its sweet nothings to IceRaiser who obeyed its instructions and left everyone else behind in a pool of their own blood. He was safe with his precious...

Unfortunately, our attempt to secure an A3 beachhead was suddenly foiled when we found out that our weapons were two versions old. Shucks.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by yours truly. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

And now it is time for me to face the demon of the week, the impending SNOWPOCOLYPSE!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Satire

Re: [Sun] 24 Nov 2013 (Left Behind)

Post by Satire »

River Assault Alpha AR

Well, I didn't last long in this. After the UN launched a suicide Mi-8 at us, we advanced to contact where Imanaged to get shot trying to hlep my wounded FTL back up. I spent the rest of the mission in spectator mode, watching the withering barrage of fire miss an enemy BMP, including the satchel charge! :o

Khalid Pass OPFOR ASL

Well, we managed to spot the enemy in the open when we got to the ridge and pull off a snap ambush that put a dent in them. Since we had the hight advantage I decided to hold the squad in place for a bit to wear them down before moving in for the kill. Unfortunately for us, Indfor managed to pull things back around with accurate fire an good flare discipline that made our push falter out. A1 did manage to reach the bunker but we got bogged down with casualties and flanked.

Ashore B1 FTL

Bravo's job was to act as the screaming screening force for Alphas advance. B1's spot was a pretty crappy intersection with little cover, but I made the best of what I had. Sadly it didn't go so well, and I was pinned down in a bus stop while my fireteam evaporated around me. By the time I crawled back to friendly lines to get patched up, it was just me. B2 had a bad time too and ended up in the same state. Wierdly it was just SL, both FTL's and Medic left, since we usually loose leadership and medics first thanks to sod's law.

Anyway, we went east to support Alpha the best we could and holed up in the police station. Bones and stff went off to heal some of Alpha and got shot in the process, leaving just me and Mamuto to hold off the constant probing attacks. Running low on ammo we hunkered own and waited for the cavalry to arrive. After what felt like forever, the IFV showed up to admire the neat piles of corpses we'd made around the entrances. After that we stuck with it for a bit, then got cocky and tried to flank the factory, got sniped and bled out about thirty seconds before the mission ended.

Outpost Bean CO

Ah, my favourite!

Despite the relatively shambolic nature of my 'planning' there was a logic to it. The pub and hotel have decent arcs of fire that support each other, as well as enough concealment and cover to stay alive and get casualties back up. You can hit a target from one building to the other with a shotgun slug with good aim, so the piles of enemies on the corners become piles of dead.

Unfortunately, our gracious host set the fog to full on stevie wonder and we couldn't see shit.

I managed to hold out in the pub until the evac was called and got shot in the rear courtyard, leaving me to witness this spectacle.

Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

River Assault
OPFOR MAT gunner
Moving in behind the western force, I saw Alpha get mowed down by random fire, and crawled in to heal them. We seized the compound on the west side of the dam and found ourselves under a hail of increasingly accurate fire. I returned what I could, got sniped, and then spectated a good two minutes of this:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WSqh ... action.gif

Khalid Pass
OPFOR A3 FTL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA24wTvnKzs

Ashore
BLUFOR A? RAT (FTL Ferrard)
Moving down the seaside, engaged in surprisingly professional fire&maneuver (so much so that I engaged in some ND just to ground myself), untill Mamba and me got shot in the face. The remains of our FT, however, sucesfully saw the mission to it's conclusion, placing the final shots of the battle, while I messed around with the overwolf interface.

Outpost Bean
ENG assistant
I'm the guy with the AK in the video above. Due to PTT negligence, the video of me backing away from healing Danny is not accompanied by shouts of "[...]HITSHITSHI[...]"
The following snippet of intermission banter, however, was aired:
-...leave your impressions on the forum.
-I have an impression: "Hi, I'm Iceraiser, and I'm a FOKKHER!!!"
[/allegedly]

Alex

Post by Alex »

River Assault - Alpha 1 AT. Assaulted the bridge and was twice wounded during the attack and was patched up both times. Went on to continued to continue the fight. Was wounded twice more by infantry across the river. FLT was having technical issues so myself and the AAR joined with Charlie for a while to loop around the north end of the river. We engaged an IFV that took a large number of RPG rounds to knock out and even after we thought it was dead, we found this to not be the case after approaching it. I was eventually killed after moving towards the town.

Khalid Pass - MIA

Ashore - Engineer. Buddied up with the nice IFV crew. Spent a lot of time peeking around corners but had a welcome distraction when I got to defuse some mines. Got caught on the wrong side of a machine gun minutes before the mission ended.

Outpost Bean - Team Hotel. Disappointed with the lack of a penthouse suite for myself, I decided to head out onto the streets to try my luck. On a particularly nasty corner, I was wounded and patched up no less than four or five times. After securing a nice Enfield for myself, I got the call to evac via boat. I made it to the shore without incident and even looted an M14 along the way. After hearing about some allies in trouble,I doubled back to lend a hand and was wounded once again before being patched up. Seconds later I was wounded again and murdered.
(fake)