[Sun] 15 Dec 2013 (The trees have eyes)

How we died
Bodge

[Sun] 15 Dec 2013 (The trees have eyes)

Post by Bodge »

Thanks for coming along, we crept just above the 40 mark. The missions played are below;
  • Rumble for Sahke
  • Fuel Raid
  • Hail Mary
  • Cholo
  • Defend the base
  • Tankicious

Good session all round, thanks for bearing with us through the hiccups with missions. Couple of things from me, please try and avoid having your push to talk (or CC) set to something that you are going to press regularly as it can be quite distracting if it is going off during briefing. Also please try to be at your keyboard for slotting, it makes the host's job a lot easier.

IceRaiser

Re: [Sun] 15 Dec 2013 (The trees have eyes)

Post by IceRaiser »

Fuel Raid - DefendFor B1 AAR.
Our FTL died of exhaustion after a brief session of lovemaking with a wreck, me and Tiger sat a bit up north next to the road (about 50m from where AttackFor decided to unload from their truck).
Tiger did a great job at convincing the enemies that he was alone, after taking a few bullets to his face, and I managed to crawl/roll to the side and flank the vanguard of the enemies.
PEWPEW and down went the first man. Rolled back behind cover, tossed a few nades and then rolled out again and shot the second dude.
Move up to their position and saw their two friends trying to take cover behind a car. Good thing they thought the enemies were to the south... :clint: PEWPEWG36OPPEW!

Linked up with our AR(Spitnam) and we swept west inside the square when Super reported that someone had triggered his alarm, consisting of old paintcans and some marbles that he'd lost.
Spitnam moved in through the main door while I flanked around a bit. He died, Super almost started crying and then died so I did what I felt was right. I used my 6 frags :laugh:
Turns out one of 'em bounced on the doorframe and landed smack between the two enemies!

I haven't played this well in a PvP while @work in ages, thank you AttackFor!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I just want to apologize for the success we had in Hail Mary. This was not my intent and I'm going to rectify this scandal in the next iteration of the mission.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

A grand sesh all round. :)

Rumble for Sakhe - A1 LAT

After a while spent gadding about at base waiting for the chopperbus, we were unceremoniously deposited at the top of a mountain, and with the unfortunate exception of Waffly getting his foot trapped in the landing gear and being dragged screaming into the sky, the rest of us unloaded promptly under the hail of gunfire, missiles and insults and started pouring some firepower of our own down the hill, courtesy of heavy machinegunner Mamuto.

Pelting our way down to the safety of the trees, we dicked around for a while before spending a while at the murder rock, which is about as fun and safe as it sounds.

The whole mission can be seen here:

Fuel Raid

After defeating the previous Boss Wolf in a bloody and harrowing deathmatch, I donned the Wolf Hat of Power and took command of our fearsome gang of post-apocalyptic raiders. Formulating a plan that sounded much cooler and more effective in my head than would turn out to be the case, I split our forces into four, with two headed by sturdy rolling-cover vehicles, and the rest attempting to move more sneakily.

It turns out I should have heeded the lessons of my predecessor and realised that Unity is Strength, as our scattered forces were soon mercilessly cut down by Iceraiser and a few other intrepid defenders. Fortunately Ice then mostly roamed outside the main base, and our few tough-as-old-leather survivors managed to come within a hair's breadth of turning the tide and claiming victory for the wolves.

The whole debacle can be witnessed thusly:

Hail Mary - A1(?) FTL

We came, we saw, we didn't get conquered, at least not until our own reinforcements came along to shoot us in the back. A fun concept that looked like a real blast from the V+ videos, unfortunately marred for me by ~5 FPS performance towards the end.
Last edited by Dogface on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

I've been having connection issues recently, and when my game hard-crashed at the beginning of fuel raid I decided to call it a night and try and improve my connection instead. It's now fixed (by moving my wifi adapter a mammoth distance of 20cm lower than it used to be) so I shouldn't have troulbe in the future.

That said, I FTLd for the first time in a while in Rumble for Sahke and also briefly ended up SLing. I was :psyduck: ing a bit, but if anyone's got any feedback I'd love to hear it.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Satire

Post by Satire »

Well first off I think I've found out what killed Clear Skies. Since I used the IFV's placed in F2 as the basis for the two technicals they still had the IFV gear assigned to them, ran out of space and spewed about a hundred loose items onto the ground. Each.

It ran when I tested on my machine with Alex after the session so It's not enough to crash on one machine or hosting for one or two people but on a full server it's enough to crash everyone's clients. So sorry about that, fixed version incoming!

Rumble for Sahke - B1 AAR

After the previous client-murder I thought id take something nice and lowly as penitence. We spent the first half of the mission watching green tracers fly out towards us with the occasional burst of red or mortar helping to even the score.

After a while, our careful bounding put us up against what can only be called "murder rock". We spent a while there being shot, helped up, first aiding and being shot again and after a while we moved towards the town.

Well, the only bit of cover was a strip of wall and the enemy was everywhere. So we went from murder rock to "murder wall". After a bit of crawling forwards, the mission ended.

Fuel Raid - Opfor A1 FTL

Not my finest hour. Run through the fog, get into position, die horribly within ten seconds of the attack beginning. I don't like Fuel Raid.

Hail Mary - ASL

Well, After the pretty deadly maiden voyage on Friday I lucked out and Alpha got the quiet sector.

For the most part we just had infantry contacts advancing though the trees, although a BRDM-2 did poke its way out of Bravo's sector along with a T-55 that got A-10'ed in short order. We kind of messed when the order to drop strobes went out, we were dealing with casualties from our exploded Humvee so missed that one, or at least ASL did. Turned out to be pretty lucky in the end...

So, for the most part, we just shot the EI that ventured towards us, called out BDA on A-10 strikes and chatted while Bravo and Charlie took the brunt of it all. Oh, and then watched as our reinforcements ruthlessly murdered Bravo in their mad desire to kill all the IR strobes. It got the the point where I was sure we had enemy aircraft attacking us!

Cholo - Copfor WPC Satire

My reward for commanding! I spent most of this running back and forth on the second floor. I saw Alex outside but the game wouldn't let me lower my gun far enough to shoot him so he got me. I got patched up though and we eventually won.

Defend the base - Grenadier?

Somehow I got 26 kills after only shooting about ten times. Then I remembered I blew up a truck and a BTR...

Tankicious - Can't-remember-whichfor T-55 commander

T-55's are horrible horrible tanks to command. No MG to play with and whenever the gunner rotates the turret your cupola moves as well. Anyway, we got radar contact of the enemy tanks from the big hill north of Stary (Why does a T-55 even have radar? :confused: ) And moved to engage.

They disabled us but we knocked one out in return, while our second tank attacked from another side. I went running into the forest after them to see if this fabled grenade script worked. Well, it doesn't, and some dude shot me.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Sek

Post by Sek »

Great session, my first after a long break- I'd forgotten how much fun arma can be.

Rumble For Sahke- (cant remember what I was)
Nothing major happened on our end, I ended up being shot while patching up my FTL.

Fuel Raid- A3 FTL
this was a lot of fun, but confusing. :D after flanking an unnecessary distance, leading my FT without group chat (sorry, it was broken for some reason)
we finally came round the rear of the enemy. After Leeming and another unfortunate soul got gunned down almost instantly, stff and I started to head for the air control tower, being the only place we could really tell were enemies in. After killing that guy in the shed (then nading the hell out of his corpse) we moved on(I think i might have had a lucky grenade but I'm not sure). stff held the outside, and I wandered inside, getting one guy, then eventually SuperU- after that, a grenade storm blew in. I thought it was only outside, so I rashly decided to run down and revive stff. I died :siiigh: Fun mission though, and thanks for the vid ^^

Hail Mary- B3 AT guy (I think)
awesome mission- really atmospheric (a bit like the start of gladiator with all the earthworks..) and fun, but possibly a little easy with that many of us? the A10s kicked ass, and blowing up BTRs and t34s was fun, though I missed that T55 (I think that's what it was). In the end I (along with about 10 others got friendly fired by our "reinforcements" :lol: but all in all great mission.

I had to call it there but it was a great session, thanks guys!
Sek

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Nice vid!
Thank you Head for being my cheerleader in Limbo. I think I heard your voice coming from the heavens and it gave me the strength to murder everyone :mrgreen: