• Cordonbleufor
  • Ivory Hunt
  • Mail Man
  • Village Clearance
  • Red Snow SE
  • Bedtime
  • Vintage 01
  • Lichterfelde
Sometimes, comrades, small is beautiful. Tonight, we were 26 brave comrades, and it was beautiful. With such a low playercount, we were able to play missions from a long way back in time. As someone remarked, it was "like history, or something". And it was.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Merry Christmas Please enjoy the mandatory rest and happiness period, comrades.

:v:

Bodge

Re: [Sun] 22 Dec 2013 (Like history)

Post by Bodge »

Was a really good session given the numbers, a nice flow to the session meant we got through a crap load of old classics some of which I don't think I have played since Folk and ARPS were separate entities.

Highlights:

Rescue - We got into first contact SE of the Airfield where a superbly executed distraction and handover of the hostages meant Alpha team could break through the airfield and round to the base from the NW for a well executed opfor win despite some blufor defenders.

Airfix - flanked up the rear!

Cordonbleufor was pretty much a non event for opfor when I misjudged the location of blufor and three of us ran out in front of an enemy fire team. Dan managed a decent showing pinging a few dudes.

Ivory hunt is one of my favourite missions and it doesn't always go this smoothly, despite an interesting start with a rogue hummer the remaining elements circled the Elephant and finished it off.

Mail man is possibly my favourite old mission and got a role in the SOAR bird, unfortunately by the time the mission started I was suffering from mild concussion but I decided I shouldn't concern the troops with that. A wobbly landing later and I hadn't exploded so that was good, a second one went slightly better and the mission was done, these missions were falling at a rate of knots.

Village clearance - We cleared a village. Dogface and I patrolled the ridge while he threw many boolets at random dudes in the valley. We got a few bruises but the medics came for a quick visit and we were grand.

Red Snow - With three teams and two rogues I figured we would need to do something rather bold to make an impact on the defenders, we jumped in on the AO towards the Northern end. Most of the platoon landed near their markers. I managed to bounce off a pier so went for a swim to the AA where I eventually met up with Charlie who blew the shilka. Alpha and Bravo were gradually losing men on their move on the vehicle depot until it was just wounded bravo members so comrade Josef (Fer) was tasked with trying to recover any survivors. Charlie succeeded in taking out a radar position and I moved off in search of some AT to deal with a friendly T-72 that had rolled up. Charlie got eaten somewhere about now and I found myself short on AT so went to assist Josef with his task though it quickly became evident Bravo hadn't survived and Josef decided to do a bit of lying down too. I attempted to secure the immediate area to get the only surviving member of the platoon back up turning on x-ray vision to kill some sneaky fool. Unfortunately I forgot to turn on the eyes in the back of my head and got taken down immediately after getting fer back up.

Bed time - Got on a balcony, shot a dude, naded draakon, naded another couple of dudes and ate a bullet.

Vinage 01 - I think I managed to be the longest surviving bravo member, making it to the stone walls about 20 metres in front of our starting position.

Lichterfelde - A decent start quickly got bogged down around a power transformer due to bad mens everywhere and a lack of cohesion, when that got sorted the rest was plain sailing/flying. Apart from draakon who forgot to fasten his seatbelt on the door seat.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Rescue - OPFOR Beta FTL. We were in charge of the hostages up until the point where the medic died and i was shot in the legs. We handed the hostages over to alpha and fought bravely on to keep up the charade that we still had them. I epended a great deal of ammunition in order to miss all enemies and cut down a pair of civilians.

Airfix - MAT assistant gunner. Satire and I trailed along behind the rest of the group, rockets at the ready to deal with any armour that might attempt to inconvenience us. The first to appear was taken out by a fireteam but we arrived in time to deal with the second, but not before it made a solid attempt in dealing with me. The medic next to me took the majority of the rounds and I was wounded most horribly. I crawled around some before being patched up. At this point we were out of rockets and had to scavenge some. I sourced some and spent some minutes searching for Satire only to find his bloodied body. I was only disappointed for a short while before I was wounded and eventually bled out.

Cordonbleufor - Bluefor AT. We did a good job moving from building to building and not getting bogged down in enemies. We eventually escaped while taking little losses.
Ivory Hunt - Bravo AR. I grabbed the MMG tripod for the DCO and hiked to the ambush site. We got a little surrounded and I was wounded but survived to the conclusion of the mission.

Mail Man - Alpha FTL. The six man fireteam setup here was fun (Heresy! :commissar: ). We set down north of the crash site and managed to hold our position and even capture a technical. We founght hard and extracted without loss.

Village Clearance - MAT gunner. We buddied up with whatever group seemed to have the best position at the time. My gunnery was sub par and i missed every shot i took :(

Red Snow SE - CO Medic. My parachute malfunctioned and i spent the first 10 minutes or so slowly drifting to the ground. as I landed a truck full of infantry and a technical drive by. I decrew the technical, hop on the gun, andf shoot up the truck. The infantry hop out and open up on lazei, killing him. I finished off the group anddrove around to pick up Bodge since he had lost his weapon during a long swim. A moment of distraction caused my to mistake Stff shooting at enemies as an enemy shooting at me so I hit him with my vehicle. Bodge declined my offer to be his personal driver and I was shot seconds later. Not my finest moment. :commissar:

Bedtime - I spawned on a roof in clear view of the enemy and nearly immediately was killed. It may be the karma from Red Snow that was guiding the enemy.

Vintage 01 - I ran, I saw, I shot and I died.

Lichterfelde - Automatic rifleman. A little bit of a meat grinder as we moved through a city that was quite filled with bad guys. I managed to rack up the most caught bullets, at one point intercepting what may have been almost a hundred rounds from a ZSU-23. From then on I kept my head down a little more, hopped into the helicopter and flew my comrades to safety.
(fake)

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

RESCUE
OPFOR CO
Chose a bit of a roundabout route, but turned out the opposition behaved as expected. Except for the part where they took out the main base guards. Makes you think what's the point of taking the civvies to the base if it's so easily overrun.
Still, the mission was a success, as Alex and his men bravely stood layed their ground, and provided Alpha with the chance to escape.

AIRFIX
OPFOR Sniper team spotter
We were sent out to scout the base, and act as a distraction as the main force engages. Unfortunately, the main force never really fot that far, and we were cut down by an M113 and a flanking fireteam.

CORDONBLEUFOR
BLUFOR A3 FTL
As the chicken in this scenario, I'd say it went quite smoothly. Warner bit it, but the three of us made it out just fine. Never did knock down that chopper, though...

Mail Man
BLUFOPR Alpha MG
Went ridiculously smooth. I don't think there were any casualties. By the time Charlie got to the AO, I don't think there were any enemies either.

Village clearance
INDFOR Bravo FTL
Another rather smooth mission. Bravo was assigned as the center element, but we ended up hanging right along the crest of the hill most of the time. Very fun, very agressive team, and flawlesly executed.
Up until the time I somehow bounced a grenade off a tree and blew up most of my fireteam. My first ever murder-suicide. :siiigh:

Red Snow
OPFOR Alpha demoman
Landed almost directly on a T-72. The rest of Alpha were soon dead, and I was bleeding and crawling towards the gun depo. I managed to bounce my last loaded rounds off an ei helmet. He got on the ground next to me, looked me straight in the eyes, stood up and walked away. I felt rather, well, served.
I later bled out/was gunned down/run over by the enemy/Alex. I forget.

Bedtime
INDFOR Sniper/CO
Right as the mission started a gunshot rang out, as the enemy patrol spawncamped Alex. The plan went to hell, and devolved into a clasic bar brawl, (only with guns) in which Red Sniper managed to live up to his name. Again, went very smoothly.

Vintage
INDFOR Medic
"Bad things are about to happen". No kidding...

lichtefelde
BLUFOR RAT
You know that scene from Saving private Ryan, when the medic fixes a guy, and just as he stabilises him, he gets shot in the head? That's me. The guy getting killed. And re-killed.
[/allegedly]

Satire

Post by Satire »

Rescue - OPFOR Alpha Rifleman

Not too much to say here, being one of the first to die. I got shot returning fire on the minaret after we were engaged.

Airfix - MAT Gunner

Trailing along with Alpha, I realised we had zero visibility on the BRDM's coming up the road so legged it across to the other half of the sqaud. Along the way the first was blown up, but we ran into the second. My first shot ploughed into the ground, but the second hit home. Sadly, it didn't kill, so the BRDM got the pleasure of receiving our one and only Tandem HEAT warhead, which did the job admirably.

Now running low on ammo, I went off to scavenge for rounds near Point 1 while Alex went looking round by the bend. I saw a helmet on the ridge followed by a muzzle flash and I died before I could shout a warning.

Cordonbleufor - A2 FTL

A2 was the group that Bodge's FT ran headlong into, assuming we killed you in the compound and not in the later engagement in the open. Things went pretty smooth, there was a tense moment when the rest of the squad managed to have some sort of explosive based whoopsie, but we were cowering taking position in a building and stick them back together could come to their aid.

At some point in the banzai charge out we lost Stoner, but overall casualties were light and we won.

Ivory Hunt - DC

We got the Dshkm, and made Bravo carry it into place, perks of command and all that. On the way over we had a fun little run in with a rouge hummer which turned up as we were in the open but we somehow made it out alive.

The convoy went down, and the tank turned up while we were engaged from behind. I tried to disassemble the tripod and turn it around, but it wouldn't let me put it back together again. I was too busy concetrating on this to notice the M1A2 sneaking up on me...

Mail Man - CO

This went really smoothly. The original plan was to drop Alpha and Bravo at the crash site to form a perimeter and then drop Charlie behind wherever the enemy seemed to be massing to flank and destroy them in the second wave.

As it happened, the transfer was complete before Charlie could even get off the ground, and I don't think we even lost a single person. Not sure what happened there.

Village Clearance - CO

After having it easy commanding successfully on the last mission, Fer made me I was offered the opportunity to CO this one as a punishment for my luck reward. As such I was totally not terrified of succeeding in case I had to CO again. Not in the slightest, as my Medic will no doubt confirm...

Again, simple plan for this one, MMG hold the high ground and shoot things to bits, fire-teams sweep the village, MAT tags along on their own discretion to engage anything armoured. I'll try to co-ordinate this and not :psypop: too much.

But lo and behold, some how it worked! Bravo and Charlie had a bit of a mauling once we hit the petrol station, but the end screen told me we won! Could I actually be getting competent at this?

Red Snow SE - Bravo AT

We dropped into the middle of town for some confused city fighting . After a while, I found Spitnam and we headed out for the vehicle depot. I made it inside but got mowed down by a Heavy MG out front when curiosity got the better of me.

Bedtime - Some dude

I ran around a bit, threw a grenade, stole a FAL, hijacked the turret on the Jeep and the mission ended.

Vintage 01 - MMG Gunner

I was shot to pieces while charging in the name of Collective Farms.

Lichterfelde - Bravo AT

Lots of shooting and dying occured around the substation, but after that the stroll through the city was easy. I accidentally FF'ed stff while shooting from behind him, lost the rest of Bravo when they went for a jaunt into the city, fired my RPG randomly which pissed off a bunch of enemies and left in the the Helicopter with my legs missing.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

ANCIENT THREAD, I RESURRECT THEEE. What with how I'm going through and uploading some of my backlog of footage. :)

Airfix (as an AT soldier) involved some missing with rockets, some harrassment by an enemy huey, and a whole lot of questing for a medical makarov to fix my woefully inadequate leg situation.

Cordon Bluefor, with me as the US commander, had us sneaking in a sneaky fashion out of the suburbs of Zargabad, while being monitored by a party enemy helicopter and having quite a few close run-ins with armed vehicles. I used music to add some atmosphere to this video and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. :)

Ivory Hunted (as MMG) was short but sweet, with the offending US armoured patrol turning up pretty much as soon as we arrived at the ambush point. A hasty RPG from Waffly(?) and some blatta-blatta from my MG made short work of the first HMMV, and while the second took me out, the rest of the team was able to fell the might Tusk beast in the end.

Mailman (as Bravo(?) team-leader) also went surprisingly smoothly, with a steady stream of contacts trying to interfere with our data-retrieval mission but our fancy scientific magnifying optical scopes ensuring that they never got within more than a couple hundred meters of us or our nice clean extraction at the end.

Finally in Village Clearance I took to the hills with my MMG and my Bodge, raining down doom onto the filthy doomed heads of the doomed villagers, to ensure their doom. DOOM.

Despite the low playercount this was a brilliant little session.