[2013] Year in Review

How we died
SuperU

[2013] Year in Review

Post by SuperU »

So its that time of the YiR!

This thread is for you to post any of your yearly highlights!
Be it Text, Video or images we would love to see what your highlights were!

Alex

Re: [2013] Year in Review

Post by Alex »

I would have to say that the highlight of my year was joining Folkarps two months ago (has it only been that long?)

Bravo Comrades, and thanks for the good times, the bad times, and the just downright ugly times. I enjoyed all of it, and here's to next year being even better.
(fake)

wafflynumber

Post by wafflynumber »

Death in all its wonderful, folkarps-y glory!

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Sunday 28th April 2013. I show up to my first Folk ARPS session. Full of wonder, excitement and as it turns out - bullets. It's safe to say my first session didn't go as heroically as I had planned but I still had a blast. Everyone was very welcoming and more than happy to offer me up as a sacrifice to the FA Gods. Practice made perfect and after about 3-4 sessions I finally made it to the end of a mission alive (this angered the Party as it went against policy and the mission was made tougher).

One of my early videos where dying in mere minutes was common place

As time progressed I started experimenting with mods and coming along to the V+ sessions which I enjoyed greatly. There is something about adding beeps to the radio comms that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sadly the V+ sessions were stopped temporarily due to time restrictions. I was sad. (More on that later)

A short higlight reel I made after my first V+ session

The next big event for me was the joint op with CiA and LDDK. Unfortunately I died as a result of a very skillfully placed trap by the enemy. As the chopper moved down the hill slowly I felt my 9 minute or so life flash before my eyes.

It was quite a trap really

Next up Comrade SuperU appeared at my door. Apparently I had been making enough noise about the lack of V+ sessions to warrant a visit from The Party. In he came with his Makarov and we had a chat while he held the gun to my temple we had a cup of tea and discussed my availability to host V+ going forward. A responsibility that was bestowed on dancemoox and I - and one that we were very happy about once the sack was removed from our heads at Party headquarters. I miss my family My family are fine. :D

Finally the biggest thing I have had to organise this year was the V+ i44 Festive Special. It was a blast.

Thanks to all that continue to make FA a great community to be part of.

Happy New Year!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezIghGXaRv8

The best moment of my time in ArmA...

Satire

Post by Satire »

It's the most wonderful time of the YiR!

Seriously awesome work, and thanks for letting me contribute a few clips.

As for highlights, I did a video so here's a nice double dip of propaganda for you all to enjoy!

Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

Very cool videos all around. It's been a good year! Folk sessions are one of the few things I genuinely look forward to each week. Thanks to the hosts, mission devs, and donors for all the fun. :dance:

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Yo, happy new year guys. I'm very drunk right now, but I've got a video coming in a few days. :science101:

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

MAKE WAY FOR THE KING!
Oh, shit, wrong video.

So much for 2013.. #FolkARPS2014 #Deathandglory #Shadowsanddust

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Here's to more quiet, quiet, quiet, run, run, run, pewpew, dead, in the new year!