[2013] Year in Review

How we died
tryteyker

Re: [2013] Year in Review

Post by tryteyker »

I totally remember that time where I joined FA. Well, the memories are fading considering they were only recorded in 5 FPS at the time. Maybe it's time to refresh these memories with these 80 FPS I have now.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Flippin' great video, Super! Looking at my join-date it seems I've been playing with FA since the start of the year, but due to all the great times I've had, it feels like two. I joined in the big Day Z crush, took a good while to fumble around and eventually got it into my head to have a go at the lead positions, and a hell of a lot of fun it's turned out to be.

I don't have enough superlatives to describe the hard work and gumption shown by the hosts, mission-makers, instructors, charge-takers and regulars who make FA what it is, not to mention the amazing achievement the F2/3 framework and the missions that have been made with it. What a piece of work! A hearty thanks to all, as well of course as to all the lovely people who turn up, puts in the effort or at least has fun, and keep the fires crackling.

Here's looking forward to 2014 and all the playing-at-soldiers that's to come, in Arma 2, 3, or whatever else comes our way! Cheers!

Too many highlights to mention, so I'm putting it in a video as well. :P

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

This has been my first full year with FA (Minus few weeks here and there). It has been a blast all around. I wish you all a happy new year and many happy (virtual) deaths in 2014. :mrgreen:

zitron

Post by zitron »

Nice video super! I like the bit where things exploded.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

zitron wrote:Nice video super! I like the bit where things exploded.
haha thanks, so did I :D

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Super's video is how I found FA. xD I youtubed year in review for arma or something close to that. And out of the ones I watched, it was very entertaining. So GG! Just played with you guys for the first time. Fun stuff.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Welcome WrathzRevenge!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Here's my contribution, albeit only from November and December since that's when I started recording. Having made one, I now have a fresh appreciation for the arduousness of the party's efforts in compiling these. :P

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Enjoyed that Dogface. :)
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Fluffeh

Post by Fluffeh »

Well now, how can I resist the excuse to set music to Arma footage (even if it did take me 3 weeks to get my act together and finish it off)...

In all honesty, on Sunday, September 16th, I made one of the best choices I've made in quite a while when I decided to show up for my first session with FA. The specifics of the session have been lost to memory, but I was instantly hooked, and I've attended as many sessions as possible since. I'd like to toss out a special thank you for the V+ sessions; there's just something so wonderful about the squawks and beeps of ACRE, and panicked screaming over directional chat.

Seriously though, thanks to everyone for an incredible end of 2013, and I can't wait to see what a full year will hold.
It's not gay if you have combat boots on.