[Fri] 10 Jan 2014 [V+] (You are the new Actual)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 10 Jan 2014 [V+] (You are the new Actual)

Post by dancemoox »

Tonight 25 technically proficient comrades blew into handsets to clear the static and fought across a good portion of Podagorsk before holding up in Takistan only to die in horrible ways!

Tonights missions were:
  • Shady Harvest
  • Bolshevik Raid
  • Sensitive Data
  • Random Engagements - Podagorsk Edition
  • Crash Landing
Afterparty Territory included:
  • Chologorsk
  • Infection
  • Outpost Bean Betrayal
As ever this is a safe place to discuss your nightmares, night terrors and general shell shock symptoms. We'll explore these issues with both words, and mixed media. In the end it'll be a lovely collage..

See you all next week, for those of you that had ACRE issues, feel free to ping me on Skype during the week and we can set up a bit of a test. Also if you are interested in learning 'big radio' stuff but were too afraid to ask we can cover that too :clint:
ramming speed!

lazerdx

Re: [Fri] 10 Jan 2014 [V+] (You are the new Actual)

Post by lazerdx »

an ode to dancemoox:

as I lay bleeding
my last sight on this coil
an unkempt stache

this may or may not be a proper haiku

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I'll post a full AAR shortly, but just to put the feelers out there: there seemed to be a lot of comrades filming this glorious session, so much so that I think there's a possibility of some good multi-perspective videos to be made. I'm happy to volunteer to give it a go unless someone else would like to, though of course logistics are a problem, i.e. getting the footage to me or whoever. Any suggestions? Dropbox? Perhaps someone has an FTP server going idle? If you are interested in sending footage it might be useful to compress it down to Youtube resolution first, and perhaps edit out the bits which obviously won't be interesting. I currently record and upload at 720p but I can work at 1080 if that's what you have. Anyway, carry on!

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Dogface wrote:If you are interested in sending footage it might be useful to compress it down to Youtube resolution first, and perhaps edit out the bits which obviously won't be interesting. I currently record and upload at 720p but I can work at 1080 if that's what you have. Anyway, carry on!
Hey Dogface, I'll be looking through my footage tomorrow and I'm more than happy to upload some of the footage if it would be useful? I'll compress to 720p and upload to dropbox then provide you a link via PM.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

AkKind

Post by AkKind »

I'm having an FTP available if you want to upload to there instead. I compressed my footage to 1080p now and are uploading it to my FTP.

Rook

Post by Rook »

a further ode to dancemoox:

my heart beats
two sides clash
all I see
a bloodied moustache

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Fantastic, pr3sario and AkKind! Could you post the FTP details here for anyone else who might be interested in sharing footage? The missions were really great last night, it'll be fun to show them off. The population for V+ seems to be climbing and climbing - I really hope we can get to the stage where we get similar numbers to the main sessions, because ACRE and new maps = much awesome. :P

By the way, Rook, weren't you the Press Mook in the first mission? I'd be especially interested in your footage. :D *rubs hands*
Last edited by Dogface on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Oh yes I recorded some fun stuff last night. Fun stuff indeed. Which mission are we most interested in doing the multi perspective for? And if footage is used for a multi perspective, does that video then get uploaded to FA's youtube only or is it up for anyone? Or should we just upload our own perspective to our channels? Questions questions.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

AkKind

Post by AkKind »

I would actually not really like to publicly post the login for the FTP. But everyone who is interested in seeing his perspective in the video can either say that here or send me a pm, so I can give them the needed login details.

Wrathz you can ofcourse use your footage for an own video aswell.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Cool. Well i'm currently rendering out 20 mins of footage from Shady Harvest. Because I killed a tank in that. And got revenge for Draakon who died before my very eyes. Of course rendering is no problem. xD Its the upload part. 1.2 upload sucks.
The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"