[Sun] 12 Jan 2014 (That's not a techni-)

How we died
fer

[Sun] 12 Jan 2014 (That's not a techni-)

Post by fer »

Missions (ArmA 2):
  • Swept SE
  • A Friend In Need
  • Finale XL
  • UNnecessary Violence
49 brave comrades heeded the Party's call, including some new faces (hello comrades from GTE, amongst others). Encouraged by our numbers, and fearing nothing, we set about playing some large adversarials, and then some even larger coops. RPGs slammed into faces, UGL rounds rained from the sky, and comrades were crunched under the tracks of friendly vehicles. This, my friends, is how it should be all the time.

:hist101:

In comrade Wolfenswan's update to Folk-era classic, Swept SE, OPFOR finally triumphed over INDFOR - not least because several of the last remaining guerrillas decided to flee into the mouth of a waiting technical! In A Friend In Need, BLUFOR successfully extracted, but great cost: at least a proportion of the USMC force discovered the hard way that when it rains UGL rounds, bad stuff happens. Next up was another expanded classic, Finale XL, which seemed to be going really well for the first few tank waves. And then it wasn't going so well; and then it wasn't going well at all. Everyone died. However, this didn't dent our numbers much at all, so 45 comrades in blue hats set off to take Zargabad in UNnecessary Violence ... and GLORY! (Comrade Lord Penney touched the mosque)

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Kefirz

Re: [Sun] 12 Jan 2014 (That's not a techni-)

Post by Kefirz »

Swept SE
OPFOR CO
This was my first mission after putting down my AK and my black turban for a few months. Plan was quite simple, the meatier portion of my platoon will advance through the valley and town directly, and the smaller portion will go trough the hills and try to support their comrades. It went well, we won, although I wished I would hit someone with my random GP's :D

A Friend In Need
OPFOR A3 FTL
We had to ambush our USMC counterparts and we did it with amazing amounts of random GP fire and some shooting (at least from my part). Then we moved across the road to get a different angle on the BLUFOR guys, and that worked also, I think. :D After the firefight, it looked like there were no enemies around and they already blew up the ''humanitarian aid'', so we just sweeped through the surrounding forest and the mission was called.
I would like to hold a moment of silence for our team member Stoner who lost his life on the line of duty, while wresting with some very big splinters.

Finale XL
INDFOR Golf AAR
Tanks came, there was screaming and I waited for some AT guy to die, so I could get his launcher. Sadly, all the rockets were already shot and all I had was a useless stick, without all the boom's. And then I died, didn't fire a single shot. :hist101:

UNnecessary Violence
INDFOR Charlie Medic
Gave a few belly rubs, looted some shiny weapons and got promptly shot afterwards.

All in all this was a good session, but for now, I must put my AK back in the closet and neatly fold our fashionable camo's for the next time.
We'll meet in a few months comrades!
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Swept SE
Guerrilla Bravo 2 FTL with Joe, HStrang, and RedSniper

Well we hung around for a while in the northeastern part of the valley until we heard that there were contacts to our West in the hills. Joe got sniped by some well placed shots early on but other than that not much happened for the next 5ish minutes. Then I realized that almost all of Alpha and the rest of Bravo was dead, putting me in command. I called for everyone to withdraw immediately and started running towards the blocking force. I saw a few soldiers prone on the hillside ahead of me but what I failed to notice was a technical not even 25m away. I saw UAZ headlights, but the rest of the vehicle was hidden by a tree. Then, as the rest of the technical came into view, I was ventilated by a very large caliber gun. :siiigh: Sniper and Wrathz followed in my footsteps shortly thereafter. I somehow managed to kill Kefirz and Stoner... Maybe the two GP's I sent out? No idea how that happened..

A Friend In Need
Bravo 2 FTL
Man, Bravo 2 did some excellent work on this mission. We were tasked with picking up the satchel charges from LZ BOOM which was ~200m South of the convoy. We got there and after a minute, Ferrard Carson came in for a landing. Three of us ran out to pick up satchels. I picked up two and then saluted Carson, who I think took that as an all clear to take off without giving my dudes enough time to pick up extra satchels. Oh well, we made it work by cleverly laying satchels in between two crates, next to the explosive truck. Retreating back, I blew the crates, and then we heard the undermanned Alpha get ambushed. We started running in that direction to help out before being redirected in the opposite direction to extract. Extract we did.

Finale XL
I set up the SPG in an orchard and hit a few tanks. Then a few enterprising tanks knocked down the walls and drove right behind me. I played cat and mouse with them for about 15 seconds before I got gunned down. Dammit, if only I placed the SPG in a better spot!

UNnecessary Violence
Gong 1 commander with Audiox as gunner and Joe as driver.
First time ever commanding a vehicle and it was quite an epic run. We had some difficulty at first coordinating but we got it mostly down by the end. Basically, we just hugged Bravo as they made their advance and killed a lotta bad guys, including an APC and a T-34. In the end, we got a little sloppy and drove too far to the East, where and RPG damaged us and in our panic we drove even FARTHER to the East and got blown up. Good run, though, good shooting Audiox! :clint:

See y'all next time!

Alex

Post by Alex »

Swept SE - Bravo 2 AR. Bravo 1 and 2 split up to cover alpha from two locations. Unfortunately, there were hostiles in the hills with us.

A Friend In Need - Mostly quiet. an around in the trees, got into the helicopter and flew away. Alpha got wiped out at one point but I never even saw an enemy.

Finale XL - Golf? AR. shot at some bad guys and some tanks, got killed trying to reach a wounded(dead?) MrKev.

UNnecessary Violence - Bravo 3 AR. We managed to take little casualties for the majority of the mission despite raining grenades. Satire, Spitnam and i were all ARMA'd by the same building.
(fake)

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

I literally died from laughter when this happened xD omg

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"