[Sun] 19 Jan 2014 (SuperÜ is not a super pilot)

How we died
wolfenswan

[Sun] 19 Jan 2014 (SuperÜ is not a super pilot)

Post by wolfenswan »

A great session tonight, with 47 comrades attending.

ARMA 2
  • Holy Stones
  • Eagle's Nest
  • Goose Chase
  • Finale XL
  • Hail Mary
ARMA 3
  • Low Tide
After a quick run through Holy Stones, demonstrating the viability of the human wave, we learned to appreciate the loving tenderness of AGS rounds to the face in Eagle's Nest. While we didn't get the Eagle and pulled out early, we decided to go after a slightly sillier member of it's species in Goose Chase. Unfortunately USMC tactics were not up to par with the Militia's willpower and not only were they wiped out, but also got a HMMW stolen, in a true adding insult to injury fashion. The after-party consisted of Finale XL (to the usual success) and another go at Hail Mary, which yielded a lot more desirable death-ratio. Unfortunately during the onslaught the minuscule difference in meaning between "shoot on our position", "shoot on the tanks on our position" and "shoot us" were mixed up by our angel in the sky. We finished the session with a run of the A3 coop low tide, where we learned the true nightmares of urban combat.

Thanks to all comrades for attending and a special welcome to all new people who showed up, hope to see you around in the future!

To those that played the first A3 coop:
1. Did you notice any difference in AI accuracy as compared to the 2nd COOP/other A3 coops?
2. If you had a MSCO scope: Did you feel like you had an unfair advantage over the AI/your team mates and/or did it improve team work and FT effectiveness overall?

SuperU

Re: [Sun] 20 Jan 2014 (SuperÜ is not a super pilot)

Post by SuperU »

Hey why is the report about Hail Mary so heavily redacted? "Was ordered ----------------------------------------------- SQL position-----------------------------------------overan---------------------------------------Tanks----------------------------------------------ontop---------------------"

HydrA-

Post by HydrA- »

May I start the Arma 3 hall of nade-shame with myself? An outstanding count of 3, the last one blowing myself up!

:siiigh:

PS: Glad to have a PC capable of running ARMA once again. Ive been missing the Folk ARPS sessions
PPS: My "throw" has been rebound! I thought I did so after the second time, I just didnt save it properly apparently :roll:

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I like to think this video puts the friendly in friendly fire. :)

More when I am not le tired. :3

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Seeking feedback on the plan for Kale's new mission last night (under my command).
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

To those that played the first A3 coop:

1. Did you notice any difference in AI accuracy as compared to the 2nd COOP/other A3 coops?
2. If you had a MSCO scope: Did you feel like you had an unfair advantage over the AI/your team mates and/or did it improve team work and FT effectiveness overall?

Zenzos

Post by Zenzos »

Now that shdowplay is working for me in arma 2 i will get out my AARs aswell.

My horrendous deaths during our missions clouded my memory before, but with working recording software i don't have this excuse anymore.

SuperUs super after(before) party C130 mission.

Just wanted to put this here for everyone who missed it.
Don't know the mission name but it was fun.

Holy Stones
Role:AR
FTL: Draakon
My audio was borked in this mission. Couldn't hear ingame sound.
Ran around like a headless chicken and died.

Eagle's Nest
Initial Role: BLUFOR Charly 2 FTL.
AR: Wolfenswan
AAR: gamma_gandalf
AT: Luke
Role most of the time: Charly 1 FTL.
AR: Kaleovil
AAR: MrKev
AT: dvl

This was certainly fun, i lost my whole fireteam in the first engagement where we took heavy gp fire.
I then joined charly 1 which lost its FTL.
Ignoring my failure to keep my previous FT alive Charly 1 aked me to be FTL once more.
I am always astounded by my comrades eagerness to die :hist101: .
So with my new fireteam we moved in to support Ahlpa taking the first and second compound only taking dvl as a casualty.

After we took the second compund we mounted up in TH1.
Before we took off i saw parachutes to the east where TH 2 was.
Then the mission ended, still no idea what happed to TH2.
Incomplete video evidence:

Goose Chase
Role: INDFOR Apha 1 Rifleman
FTL: Zitron
Rifleman: Walter
Rifleman: Ardyvee
Rifleman: Tink

After a lavish walk through the Forrest with our hostages we encountered BLUFOR at a settlemt conating trasport vehicles.
Nearly did a lot of friendly fire at the end. I tried to switch from semi to auto and pressed f too many times and threw a grenade.
Luckily the game was already over.

Hopefully I can do regular ar now that everything seems to work.
Please feel free to post feedback on the youtube videos i just started doing this.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Holy Stones - ASL

A pretty simple mission, I spent most of it sitting on a 3 storey building taking pot shots at the enemy with my medic. The plan was to eliminate their rushers by fire an counter attack, but the timer ran out! :lol:

Eagle's Nest - BSL
Tigershark wrote:Seeking feedback on the plan for Kale's new mission last night (under my command).
I'd say from Bravo's perspective it went fairly well. Our approach was a mixed bag, we had complete concealment from the target for the whole approach thanks to the hills and valleys, but it also meant our attack point had zero visibility to the target. We had to get to within 50m to actually engage, and as we moved up we took fire from hidden targets shooting us as we skylined. We also took casualties in groups, so whole Ft's were effectively pinned at a time even with medic helping get people up. Given that there were at least 2 heavy weapons on the other side of that, our push was basically dead in the water.

I'd say that if we had been re-oriented to attack alongside Alpha or Charlie it may have gone smoother but given the opportunity to attack from 3 sides I can see the merits of the plan. Also, I should probably have requested a repositioning once it became clear that the whole base of fire task would be a no-go.

As for getting stuck in the camp, that's more on my head. I should have yelled more at my FTL's to stop looting and start shooting! :lol: Although putting boxes of toys down as part of the objective probably didn't help either...

The second camp went pretty well. Once Alpha folded in to us we had the numbers to strom this one, as well as the position to actually see the target. To say that we made an open ground charge without loosing anyone (I think) was a nice change. After that we rigged the caches and fell back. This did get a bit disorderly because I didn't realise you can blow satchels from inside a vehicle so I took the wrong helicopter out (my choice) but at least we blew up the objective.

Overall? Yeah, it could have gone smoother (Bravo's approach, comms fail with Alpha) but we got two objectives and personally, I think we could have done the third. Good job.

Goose Chase - Blufor A2 AR

Yay, minimal responsibility! After a bit of flying around and getting in and out of the chopper, we unloaded at whichever town had the vehicle cache east of the Opfor star and proceeded to get murdered by enemy on the hill. Somehow, despite everyone dying around me and never moving position whilst firing a SAW almost constantly, it took so long for the enemy to find and kill me that I ended up in charge of the survivors, which promptly got me killed as I looked at my map. Still, at least I kelled one of them, and didn't get carjacked!

Finale XL - MAT Gunner

Shabaz is not a good place for MAT. I could only see the tops of the turrets and got shot at by EI really close to us. I ended up dying out in the fields desperately trying to get a clear shot on the tanks that are swarming the bridge.

Hail Mary - A2 FTL

One of my favourite missions. As SL of the 'quiet side' squad last time, I was ready and willing for the new "more death" edition. Then I accidentally clicked respawn when trying to fiddle with my volume and got kicked off the mission. I spent the rest of it hiding in in limbo in shame.

Low Tide - MMG Assistant
wolfenswan wrote:To those that played the first A3 coop:

1 - I remember being shot at a lot, but never hit, which makes a good change from the usual laser beam accuracy of the AI. I didn't play the second mission for comparison, but based of previous A3 co-op it was a nice change.

2 - I had an MRCO and while I didn't get to do much shooting, I liked having it. Spotting and aiming in A3 is much harder than in A2 and I don't feel that magnified optic are as much of a power boost as they used to be. I was using the unzoomed mode far more than the zoomed as well, whereas in A2 I'd use zoom all the time. Given the changes in A3 regarding shooting and AI skill, it might be OK to see greater use of magnified optics in our missions. Also, the backup red dots on the NATO and CSAT optics are far better than their regular reflex sights!

Other than that, not too much to say about the mission. Came under fire from unseen enemies and got shot in town.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Rook

Post by Rook »

I woke up whimpering and covered in sweat last night after having a fever dream about Goose Chase.

We were EVISCERATED.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

I'm just gonna make this one a response.
Satire wrote:Eagle's Nest - BSL
I'd say that if we had been re-oriented to attack alongside Alpha or Charlie it may have gone smoother...
BLUFOR C1 FTL here: Trust me, you don't want charlie's attack vector. Literally seconds after opening up we were struck by AGS fire. We smoked up, I tried to help some guy (AR?) in C2, but the second AGS burst put a stop to that.
Satire wrote:Goose Chase - Blufor A2 AR
...Still, at least I kelled one of them, and didn't get carjacked!
OPFOR ASL: That would be me. Alpha made a move for Staroye, and heard your chopper over us. So we thought we'd turn the tables on yous guys :jihad: . I think I was the only one from alpha to actually get killed :v:
Satire wrote:Hail Mary - A2 FTL
...Then I accidentally clicked respawn when trying to fiddle with my volume and got kicked off the mission...
BLUFOR A1 AAR: And I will have you know, comrade, your rifle (and it's M203)(especially it's M203) found a good home, and proved invaluable in the glorious struggle of our brigade. Until the entire bunker was blown apart from up above, that is.
[/allegedly]