Post by wolfenswan »

Arma 2:
- Internecine
- Fire, Brimstone and the bullwhip for the server

Arma 3:
- Self Service (Adv)
- Afternoon Delight (Coop)
- Low Tide (Coop)

Tonight, we saw an old friend wither and fail while a scorned lover made a return to let us realize his true beauty. We feasted on forbidden fruits and could not believe that the gods of Arma would not expel us from the garden of Altis. Tonight a thorn was planted in our hearts, making us yearn for foreign and strange lands. Can we ever return to Chernarus and Takistan and truly claim that these are our homes? Only time will tell comrades, only time will tell.

Tl;dr: Wtf Arma2? Yay Arma3. Test was successful.

Medic Eugene Roe

Re: [Sun] 03 Feb 2014 (And pigs can fly)

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Only played Arma 3, though I think I'm gonna reinstall A2 for next time. Sick of Arma 3's poor weapon damage.

Self Service was fantastic. Loads of fun. Somewhere toward the end, after moving to the high wall from north (I was in A1), I got pinned by an LMG (curse you Satire) and a RAT in the house just around there. My comrades tried to flank if I remember correctly, but got bogged down somewhere. I crawled to safety and pulled my rockets and blasted the house but he survived some how out back, the RAT that is. I think Satire tried to peak out for a second, but I didn't see him again. I then spent the rest of the round trying to kill the RAT hiding behind some boxes.

It seems a few of us were having heart attacks in Afternoon Delight. Me, Fluffeh, and a few others just fell over out of nowhere. Didn't really get to see anything much after we got the first Cheetah.

Low Tide was ok in the beginning, as we moved toward the Chapel. Although, Ice got pissed when he got shot through both smoke and a dead body, which made no sense. I died trying to take cover from shots at the barricade to the town somewhere southwest-ish.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

While I was busy looking at numbers going up and down most of the time, I was able to take a few screenshots as well:

Audiox directing the troops

Clone-minions prepare to attack!

AntlerOwl and Iceraiser demonstrating the benefits of concealment.

AntlerOwl

Post by AntlerOwl »

- Self Service (Adv)
Oh boy, fun stuff. It's a new game, new location, bigger explosion, louder sounds (I haven't fiddled with the effects sound yet) and danger around every corner.
Shot two dudes and got shot. Flanking is the stuff.

- Afternoon Delight (Coop)
A journey in pictures, or how IceRaiser is a terrible soldier

- Low Tide (Coop)

Special Special Forces

"The sun? Oh, I can't see it." -Charley

IceRaiser mourning over a dead soldier before getting shot through both smoth AND a body.

The result of a final, lonely charge

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Get shot in Internecine, become stuck in belly up turtle mode, engage singing:

Also shout abuse at the enemy because its fun.. Eventually bleed out after Wolf throws dud frags at your head...
ramming speed!

Wires

A3 MP Perfomance test AAR [Sun] 02 Feb 2014

Post by Wires »

Hi all, not sure if this is the best place for this but I have been messing around with recording some footage of late and our first full game in Arma3 seemed like a good length.

Unfortunately the editing software I tried out doesnt allow for greater than 720p so I am looking for something better.

Scotto6UK

Post by Scotto6UK »

Hey! First time posting and Sunday was the first session I had with you guys!
Despite the technical issues, I had a lot of fun and so I hope to take part in more games in the future. I put together a little video of the mission in which we started in the CH-4s and proceeded by M113s.
Now, please excuse my disorientated playstyle, I was just getting used to it all.

Hope you enjoy and thanks again!

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Both necessary and all I have to add to this AAR considering my connection was so terrible:

DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Arma 3 performance on my 5670 was atrocious. Roll on 5770 for the future! Aside from that, simply had a good time being back.