[Tue] 11 Feb 2014 (Southern England Simulator 2014)

How we died
SuperU

[Tue] 11 Feb 2014 (Southern England Simulator 2014)

Post by SuperU »

Tonight saw 25 glorious comrades go up against Snipers, insergants and rain!
  • Sniper Hunt - Saw me flying a helo which was fun!
  • Jackal jaunt - Played as mortar, got killed by FF
  • Clear Skies (The one with the rain) - Played as alpha 1 AAR, died in rain forest!

A3
  • Low Tide - 5 man fireteam which was wonderful! Lost wolf, shot an ifv killed a helo. GG
  • Combined Arms - Despite the loss of Achilles and 80% of the infantry, the squad managed to eliminate the AA site!

IceRaiser

Re: [Tue] 11 Feb 2014 (Southern England Simulator 2014)

Post by IceRaiser »

Sniper Hunt
Tigershark and Toppometer did something R-rated...

Jackal jaunt
A3 Jackal Driver
We drove, we shot, lost our Gunner and FTL at the BOF but we pushed on!
All the way to A2 where an RPG took out Zitron and our Jackal.
Down to only a crazy Norwegian and myself we hitched a ride in a Land Rover racing towards the Villa.
Sadly the RPG's could sniff out the biscuits hidden in the boot.

Clear Skies (The one with the rain)
B1. We ran(swam), shot some dudes, looted some gear, found out that the Tunguska had melted. Back to base and a warm sauna.

Low Tide
A1 AR.
We ran, we shot, we made it into town where a Greenback warped in next to me and shot both me and Tigershark :(

Combined Arms
Medic
Good plan, too bad Achilles took an RPG(or three) to the track.
We did manage to clear out the AA - but the squad didn't peak downhill at the horrors waiting...

Any and all feedback for this mission is accepted with an empty promise of realising your dreams.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Low Tide
After a stroll outside the AO, a few quick engagements and watching Dancemoox being english creepy we started advancing towards the town. While crossing the road we suddenly took fire from buildings and I took several hits, barely making it. Trying to pin down our attackers we kept advancing but I wasn't supposed to get lucky another time and got shot while looking around a wall (which collapsed at the same time).

From spectator we watched the rest pushing onwards. Alex went prone right next to two AI but somehow they managed to not hit him for a good while. Shortly after Head got shot in the face, Alex kept talking to him and got shot in the face, possibly by an AI that had switched to his sidearm. Good job AI!

Meanwhile a helicopter had entered the fight but didn't engage the players, probably because it couldn't get good targets while they were in and out of buildings. Still it managed to distract them rather well and more people died to AI in buildings. Ultimately a Gorgon joined the fight and started blasting people with it's 10mm. Especially dancemoox demonstrated a lack of judgement when he decided to go knife fighting with the APC. The latter had obviously remembered the old saying about bringing autocannons to a knife fight and wouldn't let Moon get anywhere near it. The crew finally bailed after a good AT hit and several EGLMs to the front but one of them managed to kill (and be killed by) Moon Moon, mexican standoff style.

Combined Arms
A short truck ride, meticulous cleaning of empty buildings and getting shot by ninja AI hiding behind a bush. Also it seems that AI placed by the site module seem to like running off of ledges?

Questions to all:
  • Did you think MRCOs for everyone were to powerful in the first mission? If no, would they have been without fog?
  • How'd you perceive the skill of the AI in the first mission?
  • Was there a noticable difference between AI in the first and second mission?

Alex

Post by Alex »

Sniper Hunt
ST2 Spotter
We engaged the Americans as soon as they landed, firing a few times and moving on. We slowly inflicted casualties until victory was achieved.

Jackal jaunt
Mortar Team Gunner
Not a lot happened. We fired at a machine gun, got shot at, witnesses the assassination of Satire and SuperU was shot in the back by a friendly Jackal.

Clear Skies
Alpha 1 FTL
Died horribly in the forest.

Low Tide
Lead from the front, got shot at, shot, died.

Combined Arms
Achilles Driver.
Took a personal moment in the back of the IFV, returned to find things exploding. I bailed out and ran off to the nearest cover, only to be shot at by friendlies. With that cleared up, I moved on, scavenged a new gun and wandered off to find Dancemoox's body. I soon found him under a bridge, head on backwards. I left when the rest of the force and fought my way to the top of the hill, dodging enemy and friendly fire.
(fake)