[Sun] 23 Feb 2014 (Goodbye, Zargabad)

How we died
Mamuto

Re: [Sun] 23 Feb 2014 (Goodbye, Zargabad)

Post by Mamuto »

I will miss Takistan and Chernarus. And the AK family of guns. There's just something about the way they fire that feels way better than any "futuristic" weaponry Arma 3 has. Fingers crossed that BIS will carry them over at some point. Because I refuse to believe that 20 years from now no one will be using AKs.

Highway
MMG Gunner
These missions never go as planned. Ever. We as Folk ARPS cannot sit still in ambush and it's always humorous to watch us try. So, Bravo was spotted, the convoy dismounted way too early, and we were outta position. Fer, in charge of the attachments, gave us orders to move up on the western flank and support the beleaguered Bravo. As I approached the first set of buildings, I took down a few bad guys, however as I slowly peeked around a corner, the AI standing there did a prompt 180 and shot me in the head. Said AI then proceeded to run around the corner and stand there in sight of friendlies until he was promptly put down. Thanks AI. I got to the spectator script just in time to watch a BMP-BTR-APC-AAMTRAC-BOBSLED (or whatever it was) flank the huddled together attachment elements and light them up. Ouch.

Inter III
Attacking Bravo Lead
We swept through the northeastern part of town down to the south, clearing house by house. Although, as I found out later, Bravo 1 totally missed a fireteam in a building right next to them. At one point I was pinned down behind a tiny wall but lots of smoke and an advancing Alpha helped get me out of it. I kept rushing south to get to our downed CO and as I crossed the street to his location I got :psyboom: by the MMG. Friendly Fire or not, that was a brilliant shot, Mr.Kev.

Blackfolkdown
I don't remember much about this mission. I'm pretty sure I got gunned down by that HMG.

UNder Pressure
Second M113 Gunner
Man, I don't usually pick gunner slots, let alone M113 deathbox slots, but something compelled me to sit in a tincan for 40 minutes and minus the slightly irritating "WATCH OUT FOR MINES OMGZ" chatter that we were constantly receiving from Teamspeak, I had a blast. At one point, we were parked right next to the other APC which got hit and instantly exploded. Thanks for taking one for us ;) Another RPG missed us soon after. Other than that, it was mostly quiet and slow going. At the very end my driver and myself decided to rush to the mosque because we feared it might blow at any moment. We charged in and dispatched the half a dozen enemies inside. I snooped around and found the evidence (photos) that we had to extract and the mission was called soon after. Total tally, 28 kills. Total amount of ammunition left, 31 bullets. hooah.

Finale
RPG dude.
I missed 2 of my 3 rockets and the last one got arma'd and disappeared. I was quite upset at that. I really think we coulda turned the tide if I didn't mess that up.

It's been a pleasure playing with you guys in Arma 2. Here's to many more years in Arma 3 and beyond! :clint:

wolfenswan

Re: [Sun] 23 Feb 2014 (Goodbye, Zargabad)

Post by wolfenswan »

Inter III

Alpha SL.

All planning went down the drain when we hit Yarum and lost cohesion. Enemies and Friendlies intermingled and everything turned into confusion. I killed someone healing another person, which I'm sure is illegal in most countries. But as I later shot the guy who had killed our medic, I assume that cancelled my earlier wrong doings out. Then we won. Somehow.

Blackfolkdown
Charlie 2(?) - AR

While waiting for our taxi bets were made on Tigershark's length of survival to keep moral up. Later, after touching down, things went downhill quickly as we first lost our CAS and then the first comrades. Especially a certain compound spelled doom for us, as I think I lost most of my fireteam within a few seconds and died myself shortly after. More people of Charlie were gunned down in and around those buildings, as enemies snuk up via previously cleared flanks.

UNnecessary Violence
Bravo - SL

I realized too late that I hadn't SLed a bigger coop in a good while and in hindsight might have been a bit too micromanaging. Still, all the party cares about are statistics and up until hitting the town those statistics look very good!

A careful approach down the road saw us removing all enemy presence with no losses of our own, besides an APC being taken out by a sneaky RPG gunner. The crew survived however and kept on fighting during most of the mission Takistani infrastructure was demolished where necessary (Most of it was built by us anyway. The UN giveth, the UN taketh away.) and mines cleared. After climbing the northern ridgeline overlooking Zargabad we followed alongside the western towns, clearing them out with speed and efficience. But things took a town to the worse upon hitting Zargabad proper. I'm not sure if I split up my fireteams too much (or didn't take enough time) but we ended up loosing too many people and ultimately a BMP after it exposed its flank to the infamous Cholo building. The mission was called shortly after, as a UN victory.