[Fri] 14 Mar 2014 [V+] (Alright Meow)

How we died
dancemoox

[Fri] 14 Mar 2014 [V+] (Alright Meow)

Post by dancemoox »

Thanks to the 17 comrades that were along tonight for the session we took on the following missions:
  • Snipe Hunt - Zargabad
  • Defend Celle
  • Black Folk Down - Fallujah
  • Random Engagements - Podagorsk
  • Crash Landing
Afterparty
  • CHazarLO
  • Infection Chernarus
  • Outpost Bean
Watch this space right here for the @FA_V+ Mod Pack update and the F2+ Branch announcements..
ramming speed!

Fluffeh

Re: [Fri] 14 Mar 2014 [V+] (Alright Meow)

Post by Fluffeh »

Snipe Hunt (Zargabad) - Blufor Alpha 1 AR
After dismounting from the helo, both the CO and shortly after the A1 FT were cut down by enemy fire. A1 pushed westward as A2 was heavily engaged by infantry, but before I could bring A1 up to relieve some of the pressure, I was shot in the head by an AI that wandered down a hallway I had my back to.

Defend Celle - Blufor Alpha 2 AT
A2 was tasked with defending the southwestern side of town, and we held our position until we were flanked from the west. I followed the other two survivors as they charged towards the enemy for whatever reason, and we were cut down by enemy fire in short order.

Black Folk Down (Fallujah)
- Blufor A1 AT
Man, nothing good ever happens in Fallujah. Ever.
As the three fireteams pushed through the city to capture the warlord, A1 would be the southernmost, covering the other two fireteams' advance from across the open field. Unfortunately, we ended up drawing quite a lot of attention to ourselves, and we were assaulted by a large number of infantry and multiple technicals. As we approached the edge of the buildings we were to cover from, Homercleese was killed (AR), and midway through the ensuing firefight Draakon (FT) was killed as well. As things quieted down, Madtoaster (AAR) and I pushed forward to try to catch up with the rest of the squad, stopping briefly in an emptied bunker to deal with a few strays moving in behind us. As soon as we stepped past the edge of the bunker, however, Madtoaster was immediately lit up by an enemy HMG. I proceeded to spend the next five minutes playing peek-a-boo with a DShK, trying to pin down its exact location among the buildings and rubble. Eventually, I was able to take it out, and, thoroughly terrified, ran to meet up with the CO (Satire) and his medic (Dancemoox). As the remaining two fireteams to secure the Warlord's location, we secured a nearby construction site, where we found the warlord hiding. When he made it to the ground floor however, he withdrew a concealed AK, and began firing wildly. Unfortunately, we were forced to shoot him. The situation is documented thusly:

Let the official record also show that following the warlord's unfortunate death, the remaining forces successfully extracted from the city.

Random Engagements (Podagorsk) - Blufor A1 FTL
After teleporting in west of the AO, we advanced eastward, but were suddenly engaged as we approached the circle by enemies just inside of it. While my fireteam and I perished in short order, A2 was able swoop in from behind and avenged us.

Crash Landing - Redfor Alpha 2 AT
As the western guard, I was greeted by no less than two fireteams running down the hill towards my building. They were somewhat less than amused by my short-falling shots from my 74u, and promptly returned fire with gusto. As they maintained a vigorous suppression on the building, the FTL and I were both wounded. By the time we were both back on our feet, things settled into a familiar pattern of "Oh hey, technicals to the south" turning into "Watch out, BTRs to the North" turning into "OH SHIT, TANKS TO THE EAST." I was able to get hits on a BTR-60 and a T-55 before hearing the dreaded words "hey, that sounds like sniper fire." Moments later I saw an enemy prone on the hilltop, heard a single shot, and then nothing but darkness.

Had to head off after that, but a great session overall!
It's not gay if you have combat boots on.

Denel

Post by Denel »

Random Engagements - Podagorsk - A2 AAR

For Reza our leaders, for Neocron the party, for the people...

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

* Snipe Hunt was the mission where I figured out I honestly have no skills in going from orbit to attack and manage to reliably hit somebody. On the bright side, I didn't crash.

* In Defend Celle, I think we all did a good job. Helicopter wasn't shot down (nor crashed), SAM had an action-packed start when he shot down the enemy air units (and damaged the bridge we used to get into town), and infantry fought the invaders. I will be honest, all I know about MAT is that they were on the western side of the town, and that they died while performing their duty. Meanwhile FAC coordinated with the helicopter. Me, I ran around getting shot, alone, doing what I could to help. I'm sure the medic had a nice time running around too.

We defended the town, ending in a construction site with the helicopter above us and SAM on the other side of the damaged bridge. Many enemies were shot. A fireteam charged gloriously towards the enemy. I failed to save them, but I believe I managed to avenge them WHILE staying alive. With that said, I have no idea how well I performed my role of CO beyond the initial plan.

* There is something to be said when you see your teammates get killed by enemy forces you didn't even know where there until they shot at you; kill the rest of your fireteam; and kill the medic that comes to help you, but manage to not kill you, leaving you to bleed and hope your friendlies arrive in time. That's what happened in Random Engagements and the only thing I could think was that I was surprised I managed to survive, felt cornered because all I had was a rock that may have been between the EI and me, and the hope that friendlies would get to me before the enemy lurking in the shadows. It was fun.

* My memories of the crash landing are... not there. Maybe I was too shaken by my experiences in Random Engagements?