[Sat] 06 Apr 2014 [V+] (Testing, testing)

How we died
Satire

[Sat] 06 Apr 2014 [V+] (Testing, testing)

Post by Satire »

A special thanks to the peak of 22 who attended tondays special Saturday V+ technical difficulties session. Thanks for sticking with us through the few rough spots and enjoying our new surroundings.

Our missions were
  • Tundra Tussle
  • Regicide
  • Box of Chocolates
  • Swamp Thing
Afterparty
  • Truancy
  • HOSTages - Zargabad Edition
  • Infection
Please leave your war stories, pictures and videos here for all to enjoy. Any feedback is greatly appreciated by the mission makers and hosts, especially with our new modpack!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

gamma_gandalph

Re: [Sat] 6 April [V+] Testing, testing

Post by gamma_gandalph »

I think, I may have suffered my first party induced PTSD, and the best thing? I recorded the result. Again, it was a fun session. I have recorded all missions, I think, I'll look through it, maybe upload a few highlights.

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

After facing some enemies with silencers in their weapons, we managed to bunny hop our way through a few missions and dying with glory. I'd like to think we would perform better against weapons we can hear, but that wasn't the case... was it?
Then we went to the jungle and never made it out. If the heat didn't get to us, it was the inability to see the enemy. Also, it sucks to be the point man's assistant.

I must say that the weapons were cool, bunny hoping was cool, seeing new uniforms was cool. New terrain... 20rnds mags are not cool, however.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Ok, just a quick update on the sound bugs! It seems that for whatever reason the RH weapons added in our new pack won't make sounds when given to AI on the server. I have no idea why, and anyone who can tell me how to fix it will be rewarded with the party's favour, and possibly a Goat. The workaround for the time being is simple: don't give AI the RH weapons. You can of course still use them for players, as it all works fine for us.

The other bugs were pretty much down to my F2 V+ fork being a bit arse in places or mission based. ETA for an F2 V+ update is Tuesday, but I've got a fair bit of dull RL stuff to handle first. :argh:

Satire

Post by Satire »

Also: Charlie is in the god-damn trees man!

Denel

Post by Denel »

A Box Of Chocolates pretty much in its entirety:

For Reza our leaders, for Neocron the party, for the people...

Fluffeh

Post by Fluffeh »

I had family in town for the weekend, so unfortunately I couldn't make the (now-more-timezone/date-friendly) session. But out of curiosity, is it *all* of the RH weapon packs misbehaving with the AI, or just some them?
It's not gay if you have combat boots on.

Satire

Post by Satire »

The missions where we had issues used enemy weapons from the AK pack. Not sure about the other ones however, more testing will be done.

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

Hey guys. You haven't seen anything yet. The real video is right here... well... right at the end of this video but whatever. Dance Tank.

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Wish I could have made it, those videos are great! Recently moved to a new apartment and the new internet is spotty at best so I couldn't download the pack on time.

Also, next week is PAX East in Boston so I'll be gone all weekend... BUT AFTER that, I would definitely love to play V+ on a Saturday with you fine gentlefolk!

Mamuto