[Sat] Aug 30 [V+] (The Best & The Last)

How we died
dancemoox

[Sat] Aug 30 [V+] (The Best & The Last)

Post by dancemoox »

Resistance forces of Celle, for now the war is over. Lay down your arms and return to your homes, live and thrive to tell others of our glorious exploits. For generations to come tales of V+ and its mighty band of fighters shall be told!

22 Resistance members attended the last dance on the V+ server tonight.

We pushed deep into Winsen in Reforger and I finally got my revenge on the BTR-70 only to fall 'gracefully' after making contact with the BMD-2 in town. Protecting the Winsen Crossing proved as deadly as ever, with only four Marines alive to advance and secure the south bank. Snipe Hunt saw Homer make the best RPG-7 shot of his life, so good it crashed the server! In Main Focus we prevented the spread of deeply troubling political theories to far away lands and in the process rocked the GMG Jackal look. Cam returned to take us full circle with a crow infested Escape Vietnam, 20 Marines are still MIA, no trace has thus far been found..

Missions tonight were:

Reforger '89
Winsen Crossing
Snipe Hunt
Main Focus
Escape Vietnam - (Old School Cam Special)

Final Afterparty
  • CHoloGorsk
  • Infection Chernarus
  • Outpost Bean
  • Gun Game @ Shapur
And so, we've come to the end. I invite the haggard veterans to say a few words about this and sessions past and reflect on those we've left behind along the way. It's been some of the best Arma I've ever played and I'll see you sometime soon :zoidberg:

ramming speed!

dancemoox

Re: [Sat] Aug 30 [V+] (The Best & The Last)

Post by dancemoox »

Finally I'd like to say thank you to everyone that's come along to V+, that's helped make missions and even just held a rifle and the line as T-55s squish those around you. It's been great but its time for new things.

Come now Fifty Pence, ignore that ruffian and take me to the airport!

Lots of love, dance 'moon moon' moox xxx
ramming speed!

Satire

Post by Satire »

Fighters! Comrades! Friends!

It's been a hell of a fight, but now it must come to an end. I'd like to personally thank everyone who came along to make V+ the best it could be. Whether you made missions, helped test things, took the lead, fought or died in one of our deeply deadly missions, you can rest assured in knowing you were part of something awesome.

Thank you, for everything.

We'll be going off the air now, but don't worry. Should the fight ever pick up again, you will receive instructions on Channel 1 of the 343 ;)

V+ is gone, long live it's memory
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

I uninstalled my ArmA 2 setup a few weeks ago as I'm simply not able to make it on Saturdays that much any more. My copy of ArmA 2, courtesy of GOG, is about 13gb in size. The V+ pack is about 4.5gb in size. On a good day, my download speed here is around 450kb/s but when I heard on Friday night that this was going to be the very last V+ I brought up my GOG downloader and set it running before I went to sleep. The main game downloaded and installed no problem, but I had some trouble with the V+ pack - the old mirror would only download up to about 3gb. Might not seem a problem, but with the bandwidth here it takes 3 hours to download that much, and when you've tried and failed the download twice, well that's a quarter of the day. At 7pm, after almost 24 hours of effort, I finally had the V+ setup up and running again, with half an hour to spare until session. Worth it.

Why am I bringing all this up? Because V+ is something great. It's a pretty regular and dedicated small group of people making something special. It's a group of oxymorons: we all have our roles in-game and we stick to them, but the absurd is never far away. We use ACRE and take it seriously, but being silly is intrinsic to the way things run. We make meticulous plans, but when they go horribly wrong we laugh it off and use it for an excuse for brave/stupid heroics. V+ is about having fun, we turn up to have fun, and we endear to make sure it is fun, but none more so than the hosts. Things don't just happen because you want them to, it takes someone to step up and make the effort, Dancemoox and Satire have done that to the utmost and made V+ the fantastic little group that it is. The rest of us are just passengers whereas you two are driving. Thanks for showing us around, it's been a hell of a ride.

I'll write a proper AAR later on, just wanted to say thank you.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

boberro

Post by boberro »

SInce V+ was saturdays (which I believe also means "since the new modpack") I wasn't able to join. Looks like I missed things I'd like:
ImageImageImage

But on the other hand regulars seem to have seen things. All the things:
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

Thanks for the session, and thanks for V+. It has been something to look forward to during the week and even when I would think "maybe not today", the time would come and I just would hop in the server because I knew it was going to be fun. It never disappointed.

I will miss it.

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Even though I've only been to a few sessions it was some of the best multiplayer gaming experienced. Thank you all for making it possible.

GG WP

WrathzRevenge

Post by WrathzRevenge »

The Invisible SPAAG by Issus
"Homer: Wrathz, I order you to find that vehicle, and destroy it with the telekinetic abilities gifted to you by your extreme rage!
Wrathz: I'll try, but we're getting fuckin' destroyed out here!"

JMCJ

Post by JMCJ »

Played my first V+ mission a couple of months ago and was hooked. Tagged along in all but one since and tried not to get shot too much (I think my highlight was from a couple of sessions ago, rescuing a broken legged Darwinian from a rooftop in Fallujah as a door gunner in Insane's huey. No RPG from Homercleese that time!).

Gutted I joined at the end but very happy to have been a small part of it. Thanks to everyone involved.
Is this the end of arma2 on folkarps?

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

What a great session to end with, and once again, many thanks to dancemoox and Satire for hosting.

After Snipe Hunt I was looking through the missions on the server, saw Main Focus and suppressed my compulsion to request it. A couple of seconds later it was the mission we were slotting for. :dance:

In Escape From Nam I argued with Satire about directions not even considering that he was the guy with the map. :suicide: Then I died instantly in our first contact. Madtoaster and I then spent most of the rest of the mission flying around as birds.

In Gungame, Draakon won V+ once and for all.
JMCJ wrote:I think my highlight was from a couple of sessions ago, rescuing a broken legged Darwinian from a rooftop in Fallujah
I was in his fireteam and we had to abandon him because we had no medic. I never knew he got picked up. He got off easy as the rest of us on the ground crossed a huge junkyard with no exit. :v:
JMCJ wrote:Gutted I joined at the end but very happy to have been a small part of it. Thanks to everyone involved.
Is this the end of arma2 on folkarps?
No idea, but this is the second time V+ has died.

I'm making one last highlights video, which should be finished in a week or so, but for now I dug up a couple of old clips sitting on my hard drive:

From No Pardon on the 13th of December when an enemy sneaked up on us through the smoke.

My favourite round of Infection, with Iceraiser, Draakon, and Kyrnz (who I somehow managed to infect by jumping above him) hiding on a crane.