[Tue] 01 February 2011 (USA)

How we died
theG57

[Tue] 01 February 2011 (USA)

Post by theG57 »

The Folk USA Session went well. In attendence was Fer, Liddle Feesh, Mega S7, Viper S7, Selous Scouts S7, Redroth, Kiaser Panda, Watooce and Me.
Missions played :
  • Babysitters - The Fireteams we're under fire from the LZ until meeting the Reporter. We did not complete this mission. Most of the fireteam was laid out after the T-junction & small town.
  • Swept LE - After starting the mission, which we thought this was another mission. But in fact the terrible evil mission of get mowed down by teck mobile. Not once but twice we played this only to fail completely.
  • Highway - The mission started off good. One BTR disabled crew killed. Pulled back to Mosk and held out. Basicly the enemy picked us off one by one. Until there we're two left. Feesh decide to make a Congressional Medal of Honor Dash to kill the BTR. Which Comrade Viper was trying to do early. Before he was taken out before his time. Comrade Redroth I beleive took some snapshots of this happening. Mission was ended with player Feesh Blaze of Glory dash and a hit on the BTR. But BTR was successful in getting him. Mission Failed.
  • Tombstone - After Comrades F-n-F (Fer and Feesh) and redroth left. Watooce suggested Tombstone. This throw back of a Spaghetti Western from Clint Eastwood the mission was set in. Which we are not the famous Clint Eastwood and died several times. Ouch!
  • Defend the Base - Played this one twice, we did get to level 6. Only to be Slice & Diced by t-55 and Mass Infantry mobs. Some day we will complete this mission. All 12 levels...
Still this was a good turn out for the First AD-Hoc USA FOLK Session with S7 mates on hand. The S7 leader Viper says more will turn out next week. We are even thinking about delaying it until 2000hrs. Even know that we got :owned: on all missions it was fun dying with you guys. I am dying to play again...

Great to see new comers Mega S7 and Selous Scouts S7 players on the Server!...
Last edited by theG57 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G out.

fer

Re: [Tue] 01 February 2011 (USA)

Post by fer »

First of all, a big welcome to our new comrades from S7, Mega (whom I had the pleasure of playing with in the first mission), and Saltious; and also welcome back to comrade Viper, who some of you may recall played with us when we combined with MARSOC to fight the mighty LDDK. I hope you will have enjoyed the experience of being part of our merry, if woefully incompetent, band of simple farmers!

:v:

Secondly, a big thank you to comrade G for stepping up to organise Folk USA (the and Canada! is silent, but there). It's really great to see comrades in those timezones have an opportunity to get together for a session, and to see both the server and our missions get used. I hope that after the success of this first Folk USA, we can make this a regular event.

For my own part, I was only able to join the session for the first mission due to the late hour and some client commitments the next morning. However, I had the pleasure of leading everyone to their deaths in a round of Babysitters:

Babysitters

- CO: Fer
|- ASL: Liddle Feesh
|- BSL: Viper S7
|- Journalist: Watooce

For some reason we began to take fire before our helicopter was on the deck, so it was with some haste that we rushed to the compound and set our defence: alpha to the east, bravo to the west. Though we fought off the attack (which came from two directions), our losses were not small. By the time we were ready to leave the compound (and after quite a lot of smoke-and-medic action), our number was 6. Well, it was 5 until I remembered Watooce and called him forward to join us down the road.

:oops:

In bounding movements, our by now two-man fireteams, Watooce and myself made it to the nearby village up the road. It was going pretty smoothly until we reached the first T-junction, whereupon we came under fire from the west. The enemy was very close, but we eventually prevailed (thought lost DM in the process) and immediately began setting up to move northwards again. As Feesh's fireteam moved to a covering positon on high ground to the west it came under fire. Our tiny numbers meant we couldn't save them, and first Feesh, then KaiserPanda died from wounds. Gathering up Viper and a now-armed Watooce, we made a dash northwards through courtyards and a marketplace, before finally reaching the second T-junction. At this point, and with agreement from Viper and Watooce, I called the mission, because lots of people were spectating and we wanted to get them back into the game. Watooce may never get to write his article on my incompetence for the New York Times. Which might be a good thing.

:laugh:

Mega

Post by Mega »

Thanks again for inviting us. Actually, I have not played ArmaII in over six months. When away from the game that long you forget how good it can be. Looking forward to gaming with you gentlemen again. If it's ok with you guys I may be there on Sunday as well.

theG57

Post by theG57 »

Mega wrote:Thanks again for inviting us. Actually, I have not played ArmaII in over six months. When away from the game that long you forget how good it can be. Looking forward to gaming with you gentlemen again. If it's ok with you guys I may be there on Sunday as well.
Glad you enjoyed it Mega. More then welcome to come on Sunday, tell your teammates about how it was...
G out.

fer

Post by fer »

Mega wrote:Thanks again for inviting us. Actually, I have not played ArmaII in over six months. When away from the game that long you forget how good it can be. Looking forward to gaming with you gentlemen again. If it's ok with you guys I may be there on Sunday as well.
Mega, really glad to hear you enjoyed it. When you have a moment, please take a few minutes to read the What is folk? thread. The key thing is: now that you've been invited to a folk session, you're welcome to participate in anything organised by folk (even if it's just joining the conversation in the folk Skype perma-chat). I really look forward to seeing you in a Sunday session as well!

:v:

theG57

Post by theG57 »

Sorry to Selous Scouts for getting his name incorrect. My appologies to him. I seem to have a mental block to remembering your name. One day I will over come it...
G out.

LiddleFeesh

Post by LiddleFeesh »

That was a particularly fun session, thanks for organizing (US spelling in honor of our US guests), Fer and G :)