• Pass to Freedom
  • Pass to Freedom
  • Pass to Freedom
  • Nevada
  • Nevada
  • oi! an Ambush
  • oi! an Ambush
  • DTB: French Foreign Legion
First of all, apologies to everyone that the main Folk server was running v1.59. At time of posting this, I have no idea why the server was patched - it wasn't requested by any of the hosts. I'll find out and post an update here (I'm confident that we'll get this resolved by next Sunday).

Secondly, huge thanks to comrade Igor for stepping up and hosting the session on his own PC; he saved the session and provided a slew of great missions. In the end our playercount was just shy of 10, including new face comrade Grizzly (welcome to Folk!). After a really busy few days I was really looking forward to tonight, so I'm very grateful to Igor for saving the day.

I propose that from here on out, we style him: Comrade Hero Server Operator Igor. :hist101:

Grizzly

Re: [Sun] 03 April 2011

Post by Grizzly »

As it turns out (Reading trough the steam forums), it is perfectly doable for those with steam releases to update the game to patch 1.59. We just need to remember to:

1) Disable any mods at the first start up after the patch
2) We might want to disable the steam auto update.
3) Steam has a backup function. Use it before patching, just in case.

Also, loved the missions. Shame we all died all the time. I am used working with Revive, but I am a more casual player.

fer

Post by fer »

Grizzly wrote:As it turns out (Reading trough the steam forums), it is perfectly doable for those with steam releases to update the game to patch 1.59. We just need to remember to:

1) Disable any mods at the first start up after the patch
2) We might want to disable the steam auto update.
3) Steam has a backup function. Use it before patching, just in case.
Thanks for that info, although I still think the majority of Steam players (including myself) will feel more comfortable waiting for the automatic update. For now, I'm going to recommend that people avoid updating.
Grizzly wrote:Shame we all died all the time. I am used working with Revive, but I am a more casual player.
Glad you enjoyed the missions, Grizzly. We're usually a bit better organised, though not by much! Assuming a return to normal service next Sunday, you can expect to survive a little longer. But not too much longer.

:laugh:

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Well, I had to update to attend to Rock Paper Shotgun, so hopefully that patch gets on steam soon.