[Sun] 01 January 2012 (first session of 2012!)

How we died
fer

[Sun] 01 January 2012 (first session of 2012!)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Just Deserts
  • Cholo
  • Skyline
  • Rescue
  • Babysitters
Good grief, that was more in the way of guests than we had any right to expect! Over 25 brave comrades attended the session, with a large element of new and returning faces. The session ran past the 3-hour mark, with a mix of coop and adversarial missions. It was excellent, so many thanks to everyone who came along - I hope you enjoyed yourselves, and that we'll see you again soon.

BTW, it was even okay that the traitor Ansob shot me in the face during Cholo. ... Actiually, no, it wasn't okay. I'll get you, traitor!

:argh:

Anyway, welcome to Folk in 2012, comrades. :v:

G_A

Re: [Sun] 01 January 2012 (first session of 2012!)

Post by G_A »

First session with FOLK ( Thanks both the FOLK lads and RPS ), was a great experience and will hopefully be about next week around too.

Definitely had the most fun on the large coop spanning across the hilltops with our mortar team, Channel Commander wasn't used so I was able to gather some insight as to how communication between OC and DC and their FTLs played out ( which was appreciated ), and a few adversarial missions involving darkness and the killing of civilians ( apologies! ).

Would without a doubt appreciate some more after-game discussion on the adversary tactics, what was effective, different approaches to the situation at hand, and so on. Having the constructive criticism from both sides of the battle made for an interesting topic of discussion, and hopefully anything learned from them would translate to better plays in both adversaries and co-ops.

Kelron

Post by Kelron »

Just a note that as Alpha RPG gunner on Skyline I had a backpack full of AKM mags and grenades as well as the RPG.

MrWeed

Post by MrWeed »

Kelron wrote:Just a note that as Alpha RPG gunner on Skyline I had a backpack full of AKM mags and grenades as well as the RPG.
I was an assistant gunner and had the same backpack layout, even though neither the Auto Rifleman or me had appropiate weapons for this type of ammo.

head

Post by head »

G_A

Post by G_A »

6:40 was when I started to unload on the OPFOR, was sitting on a rooftop that Head happened to zoom in, 3 O'Clock when walking down the road meeting the intersection, and was slightly confused.

I saw the OPFOR run around the corners to take cover, or hit the floor, but I had presumed the two that didn't take obvious cover were trying to identify where I was ASAP, which evidently wasn't the case. Lesson learned.

harakka

Post by harakka »

Just a small bit of mass slaughter I happened to catch on Just Desserts. Me and Draakon managed to finish the job, though barely.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Draakon

Post by Draakon »