[Sun] 08 July 2012 (Ferless Warriors)

Post by Bodge »

Thanks for the great games tonight, we played:

Missions:
  • With a chance of hail
  • Cratesistance
  • Into the sea
  • Generals
All were attempted with glorious resignation to our fates as squishy meat, the tinned meat didn't meet their death quota this week however so will have to expect penance to be levelled their way. Another good player count btw, thanks for joining us new peoples please post your thoughts below.

Black Mamba

Re: [Sun] 08 July 2012 Ferless Warriors

Post by Black Mamba »

Once again a great session!

With a Chance of Hail

C1 FTL, with Astro Nit, Null, and Kefirz.
We lost Kefirz to a server deconnection almost immediately.
Although nobody admitted to it, i strongly believe i was shost in the ass by someone from Bravo, while i was engaging a few enemies in front of Draakon, our SL. After what, as one of my comrades touched my chest for a while, i came back to the world of living only to see a nade landing on top of my head. Leaving only the wounded Astro Nit alive, bound to bleed out soon.
Then got to watch Bodge conduct a daring flanking maneuver while Rawrnix was sipping a pinata a few kilometers away.

Cratesistance

That one saw my unbelievable marksmanship skillz: got to shoot at an enemy two hundreds away, as he didn't see me, with a RPK (!) and still managed to miss him. He didn't.

Into the sea

As usual, very good leading from Bodge. We did well, even though we got pinned down behind a 3meters large and 2 feet high wall for a while. We did make it out of there and start sweeping the town, without ever taking any casualty. Then we were ordered to charge (again) somewhere across some plain open ground. Were ambushed on the way there by a group of guys sitting on the road, and pretty much obliterated. We could easily have killed'em if we even tried to watch our sides while moving instead of running like maniacs. By the time i saw them i was 15 meters away from them and could only kill one before being wounded then killed.

Generals

Although the plan, which consisted in absolutely avoiding taking the high ground advantage, was strange, we did make it to the rail station. Only to get pinned down by enemy fire, while half my team was wounded in the middle of nowhere. I noticed Joe's muzzleflash in his ivory tower, and volunteered to provide covering fire while my last teammate would go and rescue the otheres (yeah, you would expect one to volunteer for the dangerous part of the mission. I don't). So i basically sprayed the window Joe was hiding behind. He stopped shooting, i thought "maybe i got him". I peeked out for a second to check that, just in time to see his sights and his eye on the same line. End of the story.

After what we moved on to the ARPS joint, to try some more serious arma. With a special mention to that Armory mission that went particularly well.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

With a Chance of Hail

Had a connection issue but when it was resolved couldn't get back in my spot as it was taken, so I was watching F1 :D

Cratesistance

I was in BLUFOR, loved the VDV song at the start that was awsome and inspiring, after that we moved on the caches and we stopped to have eye's on to the cache, I warned that we could be right on top of the enemies and SuperŪ allowed me to bravely check out surroundings, after 70m a spray with a RPK went into the trees right in front of me, I returned fire and got wounded, some good man revived me and now there were only me and killa in the FT so we bravely, while others stayed back, advanced to the next cache. Killa engaged some enemies and when I ran to him all was quiet, but I saw a body and I figured it was dead, but when smoke appeared from him and rounds started flying I emptied my mag into him, he was dead but he had a friend who got me from the side. So after that I proceeded to watch F1 :D

Into the sea

Did quite well, although the tank killed everything with ease we just mopped up after him. We all died in a horrible junction where an AI had been hiding behind a wooden fence.

Generals

Didn't participate in that one as the official session was over and it was late for me.

To be honest I wasn't really trying yesterday, mainly I was interested in F1 :D but I just want to add something about into the sea, maybe you can add a tank or two more and a few SPG's? Metis will turn that tank in a death trap, but at least a SPG will give the tank a fighting chance. And MAT teams and AT units in FT will have something to do with their big toys :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

lwlooz

Post by lwlooz »

Hello! First I have to thank everyone who organize and take part in these sessions.
While I am more of OFP than an Arma fan, these milsim-free sessions have been real fun.

With a chance of hail

I was in some Fireteam lead by mike, we were the reserves, I think Charlie.
Standing in that field after it was shelled by mortar I saw two guys leisurely jogging towards us.
At this point a more experienced warrior probably would have given a report, but they looked friendly enough.
When they were like 10m away from me I noticed these guys being AI, the AI just looking at me. I looked back.
Before I could ask over VOIP if these guys were enemy or not, the AI in a classic move suddenly switched into killing mode and wounded the entire squad before we could put them down.
After getting patched up we ended up advancing into the forrest, when my router suprised by all the MP gaming decided to disconnect itself from the net.
I reconnected, found myself to be a FTL leader, panicked and ran around like a headless chicken. Luckily I was put out of my misery shortly after.

Cratesistance

Not wanting to panick anymore , I picked Charlie FTL so to get used to it.
Along with Delta we moved into a position overlooking the B cache from the West.
It was a serene scene if it wasn't for the fact that my squad pointed out to me that there was an enemy guy 20m infront of me in a tree.
Luckily they shot him before he could do any serious damage. It is good having a squad.
What followed was a series of hostile encounters with people sneaking up on us and Delta from all sides.
Unfortunately at one point the radio went very silent and we were all by ourselves. I therefore ordered a charge on A cache.
It is at this point there might have been an incident with a handgrenade, it might have been mine, it might have blown my legs off.
I died shortly after by being shot in the face while being lying wounded in a field. So much for the Geneva Conventions :P

Into the sea

I was B1 FTL. We were ordered to charge across an open field. It went well :)
Luckily most of B1 made it into town. I had some problems getting into a factory complex we were supposed to clear.
What looked like a opening in the wall you could easily hop over, was in fact a cunning trap by the AI to hold you in place so it could shoot you.

Halop

Post by Halop »

With a chance of hail
IFV1, Front gunner and leader - Wolfenswan, Driver - Ghengis(sp), Rear gunner - Halop

We were driving a Vodnik, but the crappy Vodnik with an MG at front and rear.
Funny that I experienced the same kind of disconnects as Kefirz, it cannot be a coincidence, were the Latvian internets acting up that day? :lol:
Anyway, I was useless for the first half of the mission as I was losing connection.
Later when the IFV1 reached the forest, Wolfenswan was shot and Ghengis took command, I quickly mounted the front gun.
After a lot of death from the other fireteams we regrouped into one large unit and attacked the enemy base. IFV1 was killing a lot of enemies from the flanks, but then we exploded.

Cratesistance
BLUFOR, Bravo fireteam, FTL - Toppometer, AT Rifleman - Halop

We were approaching some cache with other fireteams. Near the cache I saw an indie standing and looking at us. I shot him, and we advanced forward. Someone was taking potshots at us from the south, and I was wounded. Comrades revived me and we moved on. We planted a satchel on the cache, set it for 30 seconds timer, and boom. Now the potshots were getting much more intense, with bullets flying everywhere. In the result everyone in B fireteam was down and waiting to be revived. The revive didn't come, what did come was automatic fire from an AK.

Into the sea
Tank1, Commander - Halop, Gunner - Wafflynumber, Driver - SuperÜ

This mission was awesome in a tank.
We moved to the regroup point and turned towards the town. We spotted a stationary T90, another T90 driving around the roads, and a BMP3 driving around. Command told us to hold fire. We did, but then saw IFV1 engaging the tank with its pew-pew autocannon, we opened fire then too and killed all of the enemy armour with some very nice deflection shooting by Waffly :hist101:
Then we moved on ahead and started our work on the infantry. There were some stationary metises and strelas too, but we got lucky there and spotted them first. The rest of the mission we were mowing down countless enemy squads of infantry, sometimes moving over to Bravo and Alpha squads to support them.
By the end we were breaching the enemy strongholds. It consisted of the Tank driving there, killing all the static Diskhas and infantry, and our squads doing the mopping up.
In the end the scoreboard of our tank consisted of 3 tank kills and over 60 infantry.

Generals
BLUFOR, CO - Ivan, Medic - Halop

I was assigned as Ivans bodyguard. After running for 5 minutes in the wrong direction, we arrived in the town where shooting was already going on. Ivan sprinted towards the trainstation and I followed him, another player follow us too. We closed the doors, and tried to hail anyone on TS - all other teammates were dead. So the 3 of us were covering all the entrances.
One door opened, but we stopped the breach.
And then Arma crashed for me.
Last edited by Halop on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike

Re: [Sun] 08 July 2012 (Ferless Warriors)

Post by mike »