[Sun] 15 August 2010

How we died
fer

[Sun] 15 August 2010

Post by fer »

Once again, a big thank you to all those guests who were able to join us. Some people might call it a small session, I prefer the term bijoux gathering. Either way, it was great fun, so thanks to all for sticking around for over 2 hours!

Daring Raid (Attempt #1)

A wise man once told me: never go to war armed with a six-shooter and 12 bullets, it can only end badly. And so it proved: after a relaxing jog to the local army checkpoint, I pointed my cowboy gun at a soldier and before I could even pull the trigger a round of 7.62 went zinging through my face. So it was only as a ghost that I watched the survivors of our little raiding party (messiah, mort and bobrik) scavenge weapons and ammunition, mount up in a little UAZ, and head towards the next objective. Along the way they had an altercation with a foot patrol, and lost Bobrik in the process; but soon enough they had reached the base and quickly machinegunned all resistance. At that point messiah and mort very kindly elected to call the mission, so the dead could live again.

Daring Raid (Attempt #2)

This time we took a love bus down the hill and almost to the checkpoint, and this time my six-shooter actually worked (the barrel turns and everything!). With the loss of just one member of our party, the unlucky Bobrik, we took the checkpoint and wasted the lorry full of infantry that came upon us. It was all going smoothly as we hoovered up weapons and ammunition, but the instant we mounted up in the UAZ, red blood began to fly around the cabin. Alas, we had not checked the so-called dead, and a very patient EI riddled us with holes before we could drive away.

Highway LE

Housemaster split us up, so that he, mort and myself were on elevated ground to the west of the road, and messiah's MMG team was on equally high ground to the east. When the convoy arrived, Housemaster and I were able to put all our rockets into at least 2 BTR-60s, but those kettles are tough, and enemy EIs were still pouring out of them. Despite excellent covering fire from messiah's MMG, we knew it was team to run away valiantly. So we did, and although mort bought it, everyone else made it to the withdraw point.

And then the end trigger failed. :suicide:

Fort

We all drove down to the nearest village in a BTR-40, then split up as Mort (our sniper) headed westward to a spur which overlooked the fort, and the rest of us began to march eastward. Suddenly Housemaster had a change of plan, and we fell back towards the western side of the valley, where there appeared to be plenty of cover. The plan was to advance directly up towards the fort, with Mort observing from higher up. Sadly, we walked right into the front door of the army positions and were shredded.

Daring Raid (Attempt #3)

Down to only 4 players, we took the slots with the best weapons (Czech-made AKS-47s) and made quick work of both the checkpoint and the truck full of infantry which came upon us again. Afterwards, mort skillfully directed us towards the enemy base, taking out an army foot patrol along the way. After a long-range firefight which saw us eliminate both the garrison and a second (flanking) foot patrol, we hit the ammot crates and stocked up on anti-armour weaponry. After a brief scare with a 2-man patrol, Housemaster drove the four of us across the mountains and soon we had eyes on 1 T-55 and a village full of infantry. Mort ordered us to open up, and whilst we harrassed the EI with our rifles, his Metis set the tank ablaze. However, we were running low on ammunition, so mort gave the order to withdraw. As we mounted our trusty UAZ, mort declared he had to leave, so Housemaster took the reins. Very quickly we had fixed the positions of the remaining tanks (a T-55 and T-72), and in a single volley of Metis and RPG-7 fire, we set these two ablaze before heading for the hills (and a quick photo op).

:hist101:

Solitaire

Re: [Sun] 15 August 2010

Post by Solitaire »

Sorry I couldn't make it! It's the last official day of my three week holiday and the wife has us cooking and shopping all day :geek:

I'll make every effort to 1.) Make more missions this week and 2.) make the 'get together' next Sunday!

Sounds like fun was had. I want to be there!

Sol

fer

Post by fer »

Solitaire wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it! It's the last official day of my three week holiday and the wife has us cooking and shopping all day :geek:
Remember, as it says in the invite, it's okay if you can't make a session, even if it's to watch an episode of Desperate Housewives. And shopping is definitely more important than that. We didn't play your mission last night - saving that for next week, when hopefully you can join us.

messiah

Post by messiah »

Daring Raid (Attempt #1)

Image Image

We safely moved to checkpoint, but unfortunately lost Fer and Housemaster pretty fast when opened fire. Incoming UAZ and Ural full of troops was a surprise. Fortunately we managed to kill everyone of them, grabbed weapons and took UAZ. Then we met another foot patrol, which we missed. Bobrik told me that they are behind and, when I ordered to open fire, we lost Bobrik and I killed two of them, third one ran away. I guess Mort didn't even see them, because he was inside compound.

Then we quickly moved to our objective and killed everyone there, found ammo crates, trucks and I suggested that we restart this mission, so the "dead could live again".

Daring Raid (Attempt #2)

Next try was even worse. We were executed on checkpoint in UAZ by some survived rifleman.

Highway LE

We took our planned positions. As soon as RPGs hit BTRs and troops started to dismount, I opened suppressive fire mostly, because trees were obstructing view. I even managed to kill some of them and didn't get any return fire. Mort was KIA at the time when we were disengaging. Fer, Housemaster, Bobrik and me successfully retreated to marked compound.

Fort

Image Image

This was :fry: , everyone was killed by some MG in one place, when we approached enemy positions and suddenly stumble on them.

Daring Raid (Attempt #3)

Image Image Image Image Image Image

The most successful attempt. We even managed to complete this mission. Overall the plan was the same as in previous attempts.

the end

mort

Post by mort »

Apologies to everyone for my crap audio on Teamspeak in the last 2 sessions. I think I've tracked down the problem and solved it (outdated drivers installed when I rebuilt my system) so you can look forward to me barking orders to you in glorious surround sound next time :psyboom:

Edit: ...or maybe not my sound has gone t*ts up again :-( some sort of mic problem as far as I can tell (although I have tried a different headset without solving the problem)