How we died
fer

[Sun] 07 Oct 2012 (Debut of ASR AI)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Into the sea
  • RollingMatryoshka
  • Black Folk Down
From where I was sitting / crawling / screaming in agony, tonight's session was really very good indeed. Our player count was around 45, and as ever the hosts are grateful to all comrades who came along tonight. Please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here (PM me for details of Folk YouTube channel). This was the first session to employ the server-side mod, ASR AI, so we are especially keen to hear feedback from as many guests as possible.

Bodge

Re: [Sun] 07 Oct 2012 (Debut of ASR AI)

Post by Bodge »

Into the sea
Alpha Medic
Alpha were tasked with holding the Northern flank of the advance over some very painful looking terrain. We pushed in, bounding fireteams to increase our survivability. This worked well enough then the world exploded into a shower of bullets, i am not sure what really happened, I healed many people and shot a few too. I cleared the fortifications only to take fire from someone else and so tried to regroup with ASL which eventually lead to my demise.

Rolling
Alpha 3 FTL
We got to our FUP and were immediately engaged from range by hostiles near the factory complex with me taking a hit early on. A quick fix later we were on the move to the factory as both IFVs had "turned crispy". We cleared the Southern side before exiting and securing the West. A nice bit of co-ordinated fire with Wires and Jrides lead to us eliminating a static MG from range and we took down several infantry contacts moving in on the other squads. After pushing up the nearby hill we were informed to make a glorious charge to the town which resulted in Wires, Jrides and myself getting cut down eventually as we emerged from the scrub.

BlackFolk Down
Charlie SL
Charlie was a two fireteam squad mobilised by three M2 hmmwv's providing us with substantial firepower. We put it to good use protecting the other squads allowing them to move freely without having to worry about their flanks. Our mobile gun platforms moved from Yarum to the mosque to eventually cover the final advance to the villa to great success.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I'll probably have a more detailed AAR to go, but a few points:
- Tonight's session was a really, really, nice one.
- I'm so happy ASR_AI finally comes in FOLK/ARPS sessions.
- Tiger's workshop (during which my connection didn't go fubar this time) was awesome.
- Wolf's mission was, as predicted, awesome too.
- I'll have another go at Blackfolk down. This was really too easy.
- I present my most humble excuses to A2 in the first mission (Joe and daf) for following orders to the letter and making them charge across a flat open field. (Note that they're not as stupid as me and actually didn't really follow me).

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Into the Sea
CO

I wanted to drive the entire platoon in the center of the enemy, using 1-2 squads as a blocking force while Alpha turns towards the NE and deals with any threats in the North. The initial advance was very well executed by all squads and despite the open ground and dangerous terrain we didn't loose a single man.

Unfortunately I took a stray bullet when moving along with Alpha from some AI guy that apparently had it out for me. Rather bad luck I guess but it wouldn't be FOLK if CO wasn't one of the first to die. It looked like the rest of the mission was a slaughter for Alpha while Bravo and Charlie did somewhat better.

Rolling Matryoshka

Leading Charlie 1 in the best Squad ever we didn't see much of the initial action but we surely heard all the explosions and angry gunfire. My FT and our SL was nearly wiped out but some devious CDF Militia waiting in ambush that popped up about 5m away from us. Luckily my comrades saved the day and harakka, my RAT, saved my very life when he dealt with a straggler that nearly shot me in the back.

We dealt with a Fireteam coming over the ridge and proceeded to the South of the factory. From what looked like "OK" cover we engaged more enemies to the NW until we took angry and scarily accurate rifle grenades and decided it would be better to move back a bit. Another dead CDF patrol later we kept moving forward to support Bravo in their advance on some hill.

What then came was pure horror. We had to cover the Fireteam of Shame, C2, on their approach to town when their sorry excuse for a FTL got hit somewhere and started stammering something on TS about having a "bubu" and needing to be embraced and cradled. Taking matter into my own hands (not to mention that I had promised harakka a new T34 turret to hang over his chimney) we charged right into town, catching bullets with our teeth. From there on everything is a blur really. I remember getting fixed up, fixing people up, hearing a tracked vehicle come closer, seeing the trees fall that it crushed while approach to then move further away again. Then Ferrard died with two rifles in his hand and a gal on his shoulder and when I took over CC I realized that nearly every one was dead. There wasn't much left to do, so I told everyone to bunker down and went out scouting for that T34 I had promised to harakka and got killed. The survivors made an epic last stand and we all were in awe of the advanced supreme tactics ASR_AI is able to deploy (flanking!).

Missionmaker Notes:
I'll probably split this mission in two, ending it at Polana or a bit further back or removing the part around the factory.

ASR_AI
Definitively a massive improvement over what we've seen before. We were scarily effective today which is surely at least partly Tiger's fault by forcing us to take part in his horrible Workshops full of saluting and military roleplaying (seriously they are great, join them if you haven't already). However we might play with the F2 parameters as ASR_AI scales from whatever the AI skill is set to mission-side. With F2 on "normal" it's set to 0.5 and "high" is 0.75.

ConcreteOtter

Post by ConcreteOtter »

Into the sea

Charlie SL -Fer
Charlie 2 FTL - me, jRides, Simon, Audiox

Charlie did some nice bounding into the the southeastern edge of the town. We made quick friends with the IFV who did most of the shooting until a T90 decided playtime was over. Poor Simon was volunteered as a test subject was was recreated into a future soldier known as Simon Williams the AI bot. We then spent some time playing cat and mouse with the angry T-90. Audiox had a case of premature AT ejaculation (it happens to every guy once in a while) which we thought was the T90 and made us run away like crying schoolchildren. I "tactically" ran into a shed where I saw Future Soldier Simon Williams the AI bot stand out in the open and was promptly shot and we heartlessly left him to bleed out. We then chilled in the lumberyard for a bit where we saw some crazy alpha dudes charge the T90 in what I thought was a suicide pact but turned out to be them commandeering the now empty? T90. Other than Simon's disconnect it turned out to be a highly survivable mission.

Rolling
Bravo SL - Wallfynumber
Bravo 2 FTL - me, Nomic, Audiox, Laochel

After a brief opal taxi ride we dismounted and moved west along a slope towards the factory we had a good view of a lovely light show of rocket fire fly over our heads and into our armor column. After the show was over we made a mad dash to the factory complex and began to clear it of all "slightly Russian" forces but to avoid FF of all really Russian forces. We lost Nomic in this firefight and Audiox had to be retaught how to walk by our medic. After hugging the complex's walls checking the entire structural integrity of the compound we exited and trudged through the woods towards Mt. Waffly. As we began to scale Mt. Waffly we took a lot of fire from the SW but on the plus side this gave out medics plenty of exercise. I think our SL and Laochel bought the farm here. After Mt. Waffly was secured Audiox and I made a mad dash to Power substation near the infamous Barn of Suffering and as soon as we arrived I saw Audiox begin to fire at something but by then we were toast.

Black Folk Down
Bravo SL -me
Bravo Medic - Unaco (I always want to type UNATCO)
Bravo1 - Wires
Bravo2 - Ghandisrightoe
Bravo3 - Wolfswan

After landing at our LZ I had bravo 1 and 3 (i think) move to a hill south of the objective to provide overwatch. While bravo 2 cleared a innocent looking compound to our rear. The compound turned out to be not so innocent and after a brief firefight we turned back to the NE to Yarum. We then decided to grab the glory for ourselves since Alpha seemed to be playing a round of grab ass and we entered Yarum from the south and secured the first warlord to the chopper. Then after a scenic sightseeing spell in Yarum we moved back south to our chopper taxi and took a detour around Zargabad and landed north of town we came under fire at the LZ but all the squads took care of the contacts and were fine the same could not be said for our chopper taxi which we deduced was what created a huge explosion on the other side of a hill NW of our position. All squads did a great job clearing the compounds as we moved towards the mosque from the north. Then we moved east towards the villa and made a surprisingly causality free run across an open field and assaulted the villa. Some of bravo spotted a what we believed was the last warlord, however this guy clearly was a Olympic sprinter for Takistan and led bravo on a cross country run out of the villa and into the riverbed. After a brief interrogation we determined this was not the warlord but his body double but soon after the mission ended so maybe his twin brother was good enough for command.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Into the Sea
Deployed as Alpha Squad Leader
I'll admit, Wolfenswan, you damn near gave me a heart-attack when you indicated the terrain Alpha was assigned to cross. A happy couple would see the wide open hillsides as a beautiful picnic spot, but we fellows in camo saw nothing but death from all directions! However, ShackTac's TTP2 is nothing if not comprehensive, and there's a beautiful little section about Successive Bounding Overwatch. Perfect for this horrendously scary terrain.

It was tense in my boots. Some joker had filled them with ragweed, and everyone knows I'm allergic. Alpha was in line on one end, Hill 21 to our east on the other, and 500 meters of the most intimidating ground ever known to Folk in between us and there. That ground was staring us down. That ground had brass knuckles, a chipped tooth, and a burning passion to see us die screaming. That ground knew our mother.

After nervously confirming the neutralization of an enemy machine-gun nest, we continued our slow and steady fire-team by fire-team bounding until we were at the base of Hill 21, consolidated with Charlie. In an effort to be incredibly cautious about the fortifications before us, I set up two fire teams on the military crest of the hill and dispatched the third to flank from the south. And then one fire team at the crest with a second to assault. And then everyone assault. A2's marker made it to the wall and went stationary in the most ominous fashion. A3 and A1 got cut up, and I raised poor Bodge from the ground where he was pulling overtime, only for just about the rest of my squad to get cut down by one lone gunman behind the wall to my north-northwest. Having inherited Platoon Command from our dearly departed comrade, I slowly but surely got everyone to converge on the lumberyard, where we went firm and broke wave after wave of AI armor against our rocky, rocket-y shoreline in an island of desperate survival. I didn't, however, have a good idea of what we were going to do next. We were two understrength squads, wedged between two enemy strongholds, with no AT and no support, and I had no idea what our late CO had been planning to do after we'd reached this point.

It was with relief that I received word from Company that we were done, and if we collected Wolfenswan's pearl-handled 1911, and his platinum belt-buckle, and his gold tooth, and his restored 18th century pocketwatch, and the pin number for his pappy's Swiss bank account, and the keys to his Lexus, then the mission would be a success. Oh, and his dogtags. Those are important too, I guess.

Rolling
Deployed as Special Tactics Charlie Squad Leader
Charlie is a troubled squad in Folk. The vestigial dudes who come late to slotting. The guys who hold out in vain for that sniper slot gathering dust in the corner. The fellows who go for joyrides through the forest whilst the rest of our platoon dies alone, unloved, and unmourned. But no longer. That's right, there's no Special Needs Charlie Squad here! Not with the glorious Ferrard at the helm! We will fight, and we will win, and we will demonstrate the brilliance of ASR_AI! By dying gloriously to it! But we were the last to die, therefore we are still not Special Needs! I am though, for running out after our wounded Medic.

Charlie was Bravo's flank security up to the factory, but due to the terrain and MMG's good eye for Support-By-Fire positions, we were relentlessly aggressive. We kept pushing just a little further forward. Just a little more. Out of the forest and onto a ridge. Onto the next ridge. Into the forest on the other side of that ridge. Onto the walls a hundred meters further into the forest. Onto the reported machine-gun nest. Onto some strange camo-netting. Onto the hill taken by Bravo (who we almost lit up 'cuz we almost didn't shift fire in time - seriously, this needs to be a topic for the next workshop). Onto the north slope of that hill where we could see balls-all of Polana through the trees. Downwards across the Downslope of Doom. Into The Barn Of Death (tm).

Oops :laugh:

Special thanks to our beautiful, lovely medic Dannysaysnoo, who showed the spirit of Special Tactics Charlie Squad by dying last in the turtle race to bleed out somewhere less un-useful than the barn I'd told us all to die in fortify. :dance:

Blackfolk Down
Deployed as Alpha 3 Fire Team Leader
This mission was, to be frank, a little bit boring. We got the Mk16 SCAR's again, and AudioX showed some absolutely top-notch marksmanship with his iron-sights, pulling off some first- or second-shot hits that were nothing short of amazing. Alpha seized the hill overlooking the southern area of Zargabad, and we... languished with no orders for a while, taking pot-shots at Takistanis wandering around and burning through ammo trying to hit a machine-gun nest (that the enemy was clever enough to recrew after we killed the first gunner). Eventually word came from on high to push north into Zargabad itself, as Battlin' Bravo had managed to secure the southern warlord.

This is where things got boring. Since we'd gone through that wonderful training session a'forehand, I decided to put that to use - Alpha 3 was slower than the rest in reaching the mosque because at every street-corner, one or the other pair of battle-buddies would take a knee and cover while the other pair crossed, then covered for the first pair. It was textbook, and felt more like an exercise, because the only living souls we saw were wearing ACU's. The attack on the northeastern villa was a bit more hectic, if only because A3 was repeatedly told to cross the rest of the squad's line of fire, something none of us were entirely keen on doing, especially after certain, unmentionable events that may or may not have occurred during the pre-Folk workshops. :v:

Oh, and Bravo killed the HVT. Y'know, the guy we were supposed to extract >.>

Some mission-making critique for BlackMamba - after the initial assault, it never seems like there are many OpFor left in Zargabad proper. They all get drawn south by the gunfire and end up engaged and destroyed by our uber-hax SCAR's (and yes, Assistant Gunners got the uber-leet-hax x4 scopes again). A3 was a perfect picture of proper fire-team movement in a MOUT environment, but it was really all for naught, because once we left the southern settlements and entered Zargabad proper, we didn't encounter a single living soul that wasn't either unarmed or wearing digital camo.

ASR_AI
Or how I learned to love being shot in the face
I have naught but praise for this server-side mod. Simply put, the AI actually acts like humans now, something best demonstrated during Rolling. They keep running for cover when they come under fire, they flank as aggressively as opponents in TvT, they act smart. Most importantly, they can't estimate position with heartbeat-sensing accuracy. The real test will obviously come when we return to the Death-Forests of Chernarus (known more formally as "Wideola") but this is a very, very good sign.

:clint: ~ Ferrard
Last edited by Ferrard Carson on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

daf

Post by daf »

Into the sea (black mamba, <AI bot>, daf, Joseph)

Our squad leader was quite optimistic as our CO had tasked us of going trough a mostly open area, right at the start we got reduced to 3 and bot due to a disconnect, still everything was going well until when reaching close to the enemy installation our brave FTL black mamba showed the party spirit by cresting a hill in front of the enemy without fear winning himself a medal for glory, Joseph was also downed in the process leaving me scrambling to go to the rescue, unfortunately I got shot and by the time a medic got to me and I managed to sprint to him all I managed to do was hold him in my arms as his last drop of jam leaked out of his then dead body.

Joseph, oh Joseph :'(

After that I collapsed into A1 as the sole survivor of my squad making comms and coordination difficult, finally meeting my end trying to rescue a fallen comrade next to a wall which was getting riddled with bullets yet no enemy on sight.

Rolling Matryoshka (tigershark, daf, sam, stranglove)

Under the the Fire team leadership of Tigershack we headed off putting to practice what we had learned in the workshop, although it seemed every time we got shot at my memory of the workshop somehow went hazy, leading me to believe there's not enough people shooting at us in the workshop!

We had close encounter after close encounter, with us surviving, be it for actually managing to apply what we learned in the workshop or having developed a resistance to bullets after being shot so many other times, yet we ended up losing our AAR sam to unknown causes when I got shot for the first time and required some attention (he died), eventually our "luck" run out as we arrived close to the cursed barn costing us tigershark and leaving me and stranglove for dead bleeding, we exchanged doomed looks thinking our death was inescapable and begun a glorious crawling charge to attempt to die taking the bastard AI o got us with us, yet that was rudely interrupted by someone who came to our rescue getting us up again.

Not that it did much good in the end, we were commanded to get in the barn which the AI felt should be turned in to swiss cheese, my final end arriving when I run out the barn in a desperate attempt to try and find who was shooting at us and suppressing them, I saw nothing and i got a bullet for my troubles, I'd soon bleed out as I crawled to the back of the barn, having gotten shot more then any previous session.

Black Folk Down (wolfenswan, joseph, zitron, daf)

Would have been an uneventfull mission had our ftl wolfenswon not gotten a bullet to the face as we crested a hill next to town :( After that joseph took over and we went around town doing our thing and even capturing a warlord.

The ASR AI
Maybe it was luck but the AI did feel better, I mostly got downed instead of just getting a shot in the head making it not as punishing and providing for some intence rescue moments, but like I said, could have just been a matter of luck.

PiratePL

Post by PiratePL »

Into the sea
A3 AAR
We were tasked with advancing through the mostly open area at the beginning of this mission. Thanks to the proximity of our IFVs we didn't take any loses until we've reached the fortified wall at the edge of the town, where we all died trying to clear the other side of it.

Rolling Matryoshka
Mortar Spotter 'Assistant'
This mission I decided to take a less hazardous and less responsible position of a Mortar Spotter 'Assistant'. In short I didn't do much all mission long before dying on Downslope of Doom among many others.

Black Folk Down
Alpha SL
I only volunteered for this because there seemed to be nobody eager to do this. This was my first time leading a whole squad and I think that was a bit over my head. We ended up sitting for quite some time at that hill due to me not being able to get my head around everything. I'm sorry if this was a bit of a buzzkill but I've learned a lot and hopefully I'll be able to do better next time.
After we landed at the airfield we cleared it and moved to the buildings on the hill east of it, overlooking the city. We were tasked to move further east towards Objective 1, but we were taking a lot of fire from the city and I was afraid to move out. When things calmed down and we moved to objectives 2 and 3 there was not much left for us to do over there (probably because of the prolonged pot-shot session at the hill) except for some enemies inside the mosque and the villa. At least we captured the 2nd warlord alive ;) (though I'm not sure the third one actually got shot).
About ordering A3 to cross other squads line of fire, that's probably the worst order I've issued during that mission. Sorry about that.

Even thought there were some ups and downs, I had a blast during the whole session.

Joseph-Sulphur

Post by Joseph-Sulphur »

Into the sea
Alpha 2 Rifleman (AT)
A2 FTL - Black Mamba
A2 AR - AI
A2 AAR - daf

My apprehension at the vast open spaces we had to cross was tempered somewhat by some sweet gear I found in a vehicle before we stepped off, but nevertheless our chances of survival seemed slim. Things went well though, Ferrard coordinated our movement in a cautious leapfrogging fashion, using concealment and letting the IFVs deal with infantry and a bunker.
I spotted a T-90 800 metres ahead, but was unable to take a shot with my NLAW due to a tree being in the way. A2 was then ordered to form up behind a hill, obscuring the tank fully. I decided to try and take the shot when we captured our next target, the fortified positions. We took cover behind a house with a couple of other elements, and took some fire from our south. I spotted a Russian marksman about 700 metres away on the roof of a barn, but he was too far off for me to engage him. Apparently he managed to kill our CO, Wolfenswan, the crafty bugger.
Mamba soon had us moving towards our target, keen to avoid several fireteams bunching up, especially since an armoured vehicle was shelling someone nearby. As we crested the hill we suddenly found ourselves in an open field devoid of cover, taking fire from the ramparts directly to our front. Mamba was soon shot dead, but I managed to use my tried and tested tactic of sprinting towards the enemy in a serpentine fashion to reach the wall. I dropped down and killed the Russian who'd got Mamba, but was incapped by a grenade or something.
At this point I was about 400 metres away from friendlies who were pinned down. I started crawling towards them, agonizingly slowly. I had resigned myself to my fate, but daf, who'd just been revived, heroically sprinted towards me. Unfortunately the moment he started reviving me I bled to death. Balls.

Rolling Matryoshka
CO
ASL - Dogface
BSL - Waffly
CSL - Ferrard
Mortar - Draakon
MMG - Fer
Engineer - Unaco
IFV1 - EBass
IFV2 - Zitron/Skabooga

The first town is pretty difficult to assault, so my plan was to capture the construction site with infantry, then use the elevated OP to plan an assault relying on fire support from our two BMP-3s. My plan was for the IFVs to take out infantry in the top floors of the building, and for Alpha and Bravo to secure it with Charlie watching their flank.

The infantry were soon on their way, but the IFVs had issues from the start. IFV 2 took a while to reach their position, Skabooga told me after the mission that he'd had graphics problems. Ebass's IFV1 took a near miss from an RPG, so I ordered them to back up, but to my horror they bolted back like a bullet, covering 100 metres in a couple of seconds and crushing a friendly for good measure. Despite this mishap things seemed to be going well. Both IFVs started killing plenty of hostiles in their assigned sectors.

Ferrard pushed Charlie up, and Alpha and Bravo made good progress across the field. Things seemed to be going according to plan, but then a hostile BMP-2 charged down the road and started going buck wild on both IFVs, who seemed indifferent to this onslaught. It blew up both IFVs in succession. :siiigh:

A skilled RPG gunner from one of the squads managed to kill the BMP-2 before it did serious damage to the main infantry advance. The compound was secured with some difficulty, as the ASR AI made us pay for every inch of ground covered. Myself and the mortars and engineers killed some enemies attacking from a northwestern hilltop, and Xiathorn rushed into the compound to deal with friendly casualties. From then on he stuck with the main body of infantry, doing a good job healing them.

With the compound secured we dealt with sporadic enemy attacks from the South, South-West and North. After some faffing about in ponds, we began our advance towards the town. Without our IFVs I realized any attack angle would incur heavy losses, so I decided to send Charlie and Bravo through the forest to a hillside south of the town, with Alpha screening to the North.

The hill was eventually captured with significant casualties, and spotting some light armour movement in and around the town I hastily organised an attack, aiming to get inside the buildings before AI reinforcements could overwhelm us. Things didn't go according to plan. I ended up inside a barn with the tattered remnants of Charlie, healing Wolfenswan and ordering Draakon to call in a danger close mortar strike to our North. I polished off a fair few enemies with my looted Dragunov but was killed by a sneaky flanker.

ASR AI is excellent. I feel like enemy vehicles are far more deadly now, they are not shy when it comes to engaging with heavy weapons and getting in close to their targets. I suggest we take a full complement of crew for our IFVs in the future, I think that with a commander providing situational awareness our BMP-3s wouldn't have died the way they did.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Into the sea
Alpha 2 FTL
ASL - Ferrard Carson
A2 FTL - Black Mamba
A2 AR - AI
A2 AAR - daf
A2 RAT - Joseph/Sulphur

Things started pretty well with my virtual alter-ego brutally hit by some fear of heights when it came to dismounting from the truck. As a result i got stuck standing in the back of the trucks, helplessly calling for my mates to assist me in that terrifying ordeal. I finally got my shit together and jumped out of the truck, but my still shaky legs couldn't hande the fall and broke into pieces. Writhing in pain on the ground, I had to be patched up for the first (and last) time.
The plan was pretty confusing to me in the beginning, but Ferrard soon got things in order, and we started our cautious advance on the left flank. My AAR suddenly turned into a autobot.
Finally we got close to that massive wall, which was clearly messing up with our advance plan. If I understood right, the plan there was to have A1 set up a base of fire on top of the adjacent hill, while A2 and A3 would detour around said hill and take that wall from the right flank. That's basically when things went bad. We ended up stacked upon at least three or four fireteams on our assault position, it was raining heavy fire from the south and I had no idea about where the hell A3 was (but they were probably right next to us). Much confusion, and I was eager to move my FT out of the middle of nuke-us-please land.
As soon as I heard A1 was in position, I ordered my FT to leg it to the right side of the wall, thinking that the boys on the hill would cover our approach.
Problem is I didn't have direct eyes on the fortifications, and thus made a bad estimation of the terrain (Yup. Map-reading, you'll soon be the death of me). We soon ended up running in the midlle of some no-man's land right in front of the fortified position, whereas i thought we would be more on its right flank.
Plus I didn't see any supporting fire coming from what i assumed was A1's position (reading Ferrard's AAR, it might be because they weren't actually there). That's about when I started to abundantly and loudly swear on the comms, things that I won't repeat here. And ate a bullet from some schmuck that was hiding, not behind the wall, but right in front of it. Died right away. Map-reading, you are the death of me. And soon of my fireteam. Except for comrade autobot, who decided to chill back and got murdered later in the mission.

Rolling Matryoshka
CO - Joe
CSL - Ferrard Carson
C1 FTL - Wolfenswan
C1 AR - Black Mamba
C1 AAR - Issus
C1 RAT - harakka

Mostly tasked with watching out for the left flank of the platoon, we did pretty well (not to say we were awesome, which is true, though, but I don't want to hurt anybody's sensibility here). Nice buddy team organization, and we moved up, almost got butchered point blank by some treacherous enemy scouts (man, harakka was so fast. He had them both down when i fired my first bullet). We moved from cover to cover, trying to keep some distance from C2 (Boooo) and no to cross Fer's line of high-caliber-lead-dealing. We even got to perform a nice breaking-contact move when we went under some accurate grenade fire (well, accurate. Almost).
We took a hill, with a massive coordinated suppressive fire from Charlie while Bravo moved up (I do believe that, hadn't I asked if those runners on the hilltop were friendlies, there would have been some serious Bravo-butchering going on).
Then the assault on the Barn of Joy started. Pretty soon my whole fireteam was down and crawling, and I was a few meters above them, dealing death and fear to those guys in the town with my ever-trusty RPK. Then i ran for it and made it to the barn's wall, dealing suppressive fire in directions i had been told there was enemies, even though i couldn't see anything but trees (pruners are so overrated. Just call us, we'll deal with those unwanted leaves-dropping trees).
Got out to save some C1 crawling dudes. Laid down some more fire. Got out again to save another dude. Accidentally hit the First Aid button instead of the drag one, and got myself a nice case of saturnism. Crawled back, got patched up, laid down some more fire, saved another dude (Danny), got shot, fixed up, noticed there was a tad less people around me than the last time I looked (well, if you only count the animated ones, that is), overheard somebody politely asking us to get those fingers out of our asses and move into the damn barn.
Shot through the doorways, patched up some dude, got shot, patched up, shot some bullets, got shot, patched up. Only four of us now. That's good, there wasn't enough pork chop for all of us anyway.
Then some enhanced AI soldier has the idea to flank us from the other side of the barn. Bang-click-click-click-click. Damn. I guess i'll miss the barbecue.

Blackfolk Down
ASL - Pirate
A3 FTL - Ferrard Carson
A3 AR - Black Mamba
A3 AAR - simon
A3 RAT - audiox

Mostly uneventful. Shot up some dudes, shot too high, too low, did some nice CQB exercises, watched a lot of empty streets, laughed at Bravo "Cowboys" Squad, were asked to run in the middle of a firefight between the rest of the squad and some bad-looking trees.
Mission rewriting in progress. No more SCARs, no more M2 humvees, moar sneaky enemies.