[Tue] 11 Dec 2012 (Shootout at the AK corral)

How we died
StrangLove

[Tue] 11 Dec 2012 (Shootout at the AK corral)

Post by StrangLove »

Missions:
  • Compound it
  • Amphibious Attack
  • Goose Chase
  • After test: Rep Revolution
Thanks everyone for making it. Despite the lower turnout, we managed to have jolly good fun slaughtering each other (Compound it), being slaughtered profusely (Amphibious Assault) and just flying around (Goose Chase).

'Go home Kefirz, you're drunk!'

thekev506

Re: [Tues] 11 Dec 2012 - Shootout at the AK corral

Post by thekev506 »

Seeing as my first manoeuvre as acting FTL in Compound was to run off a roof and kill myself I think it's fair to say my comments are pretty much invalidated for this session.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

SpecialSoup

Re: [Tue] 11 Dec 2012 (Shootout at the AK corral)

Post by SpecialSoup »

Compound IT.

FTL
AR: Kev
AAR / AT: One of you was EBass. I think the other was Macaco. Correct me if I'm wrong. EDIT : It was Ebass/Lazer

Initial objective was to defend the western cache. Once Blufor started to move in from the north we positioned in a small compound in the following manner.

With AAR spotting for the AR from his superior cover, AR popping out to engage targets when needed, AT watching the left hand side and using his GP, and me keeping an eye on enemy movements and dropping GPs when needed.
Then I died, Kev moved up to my position and fell off a roof and the squad was dispersed. Welcome to Arma!

Amphibious Attack

My first time as a co-op CO! Yay!

Plan was in simple terms, Bravo seize objective, Alpha provide covering fire from the flank, everything is well. Then Bravo encountered some one way cover and got massacred by a bunker, Alpha struggled to make ground, in total only 8 kills shared.

Goose Chase
A2 AR

Kefirz's leadership was... interesting. Namely failing to notice you are stood directly next to the enemy force, walking in the wrong direction and doing forbidden low altitude para-drops. Plenty of fun.

After test: Rep Revolution
FTL somewhere on opfor.

UN victory, thanks for testing. Turned out a bit anti-climatic but credit to the UN for planning so thoroughly and having it pay off.
Last edited by SpecialSoup on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

Compound It
Alpha 1 AR, Helo insertion pilot

Being picked over kefirz to pilot us in I hopped in chinook 1 as chinook 2 began mysteriously taking off. After the CO talked him down and back into our chopper, we headed off in search of adventure. After landing and apparently getting my tail rotor stuck in a tree, we hopped out and headed for the caches. I don't quite remember it all but I remember kefirz killing our FTL then running off and getting shot himself, then me and zitron trying to move up and take out the cache. Then I got shot.
SpecialSoup wrote:Compound IT.
FTL
AAR / AT: One of you was EBass. I think the other was Macaco. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Wasn't me.

Amphibious Attack
Bravo SL

My first time purposefully picking squad lead. It was horrible. Started out in an IFV that periodically became a sub. Got up to the beach, and hopped out to let my Bravo 2 team take over the IFV (not sure if that was a good or bad idea, but me leading it while leading the rest of bravo seemed like a bad idea) We where sent up a hill with the IFV and a BMP to go blow up a radio tower, I disobeyed and told the BMP to stay at the bottom of the hill. We marched up and found lots of fallen trees that the IFV couldn't pass. Turns out however that AI has no issues seeing though the fallen trees, while we couldn't see anything at all. We where then massacred in short order.

Goose Chase
Guard 1 to SuperU's hostage

First time on OP for for this mission. First time on the ground for this mission. I apparently don't have a very authoritative presence because he didn't listen to a word I say. We ran for a bit then took a car, which drove stupid slow. I got to hear about all the places Super would like me to drop him off (also an ice cream store) finally decided to abandon it and move on foot. I foolishly hopped out before super, which ended with him in the driver seat trying to run me down so I shot out the tires. Crested the hell we where on to find a paved road. Just 50 meters from my now disabled car. FUCK! We started running to the russian base when super decided it would be a good time to make a break for it. Had to shoot him twice, then patch him up and lead him on again. Danny, who had gotten pretty far past us had taken a truck from the russian base and come back to get us. For the past few minutes the good for chopper had been circling us and I had been taking pot shots at it. Finally Tiger had enough of this shit and shot Super to punish me. That meant we won, so that was nice.

Rep Revolution
CO Indyfore

Cunningly planning a route on the one non-direct road in the AO, then dodging all the satchels at the end, we won. then we all shot in the air for a while till soup ended it.

washington

Post by washington »

Could only stay for the first mission but it was good fun! I'll by copy cat:ing SpecialSoup with a picture. My soundcard decided to bust all arma/von sounds up, so communicating in-game was pretty difficult and i missed a lot of details, so the following might be quite askew to *what really happened*. But, here's my take on:

Compound It
BAF A3 AAR (Team Blue with AR IceRaiser) under Phalanx (Team Red with Unaco). Once the chinook touched down, A3 were set on the right flank of the platoon moving due E towards the first unavailable cache or the small village centre.

All blue X are waypoints, arrows indicate movement path, red ambush arrows for confirmed contacts and white cross for cache 1 and 2.

A3 had a quiet journey until we had all gathered at WP A3-2 - we spotted movement heading SE near E1 and started to engage. Once that fight had toned down, Phalanx had Team Red move to clear the compound A3-3 with Ice and myself providing bounding over watch and some cover fire from A3-2. Ice (on the roof) and myself (on the southern building corner) did spot some movement on the western slope of the hill behind E3 and started to pew-pew in that general direction. We got pew-pew'd from that general area in return but afaik nothing came of it. Then we moved to join with Red on A3-3. We had all weapons set due S/SE and got in contact with a group of at least 2 enemies at E2. After a short incoming barrage of GP25s, I peeked out from 2nd floor doorway and did manage to shoot one enemy infantryman through the roof top access doorway, but got shot and incapacitated myself i recon from E3. Thankfully, IceRaiser gives a mean belly rub and all was well with the world again.

A few minutes in A3 FTL ordered Team Red to advance towards A3-4. Halfway through the terrain between the compounds, Unaco got shot and incapped. We deployed smoke readily and once it had thickened just enough, Phalanx went heroic and dragged Unaco in to safety where he could be resuscitated. For take two of the charge towards A3-4, our Phalanx had Ice lay down a very heavy (and very sexy) burst of covering fire with his SAW whilst Unaco and Phalanx ran S. Luckily, I spotted a single EI near E3 and shot him down. I'm not sure, however, if the second contact was the same infantryman or another one, but I put a mag or two downrange.

Once Phalanx had pulled us in Blue over to A3-4 and it had been secured, we set out moving as a element through a forested area towards A3-5 and ultimately the first cache. Unaco and I got tasked with keeping tabs S and SE so that Phalanx and Ice could move up on the C1. Ice setup his automatic rifle near the small hut 50m W of A3-6 while Unaco led me up to Phalanx the wall on A3-6. Phalanx posted Unaco watching east and Ice held firm. Phalanx and I slowly swept through the buildings - no contacts. The detonator was set on the cache and C1 was no more.

At this time, the rest of the platoon were unresponsive on comms and we assumed four last men standing. As such, Phalanx had designs on charging C2. So, over the hill we went and crested in a spread out line formation. Seeing nothing, heading for the cover of the trees, we went firm on A3-7. Suddenly, a random lone enemy infantryman appeared 10m from Phalanx! He got murderized. Finally, Blue were to hold while Red assaulted C2. Suddenly, RPG rockets from the large rock at E4 appeared! I reported the contact and began suppressing E4 like there was no tomorrow from my position the black dot. This is where I finally got killed from two soldiers coming of the hill behind us at E5. Somehow, Red managed to start the C2 detonation sequence and as at least one soldier from A3 was still alive when it blew, BLUFOR victory.

This play through was thoroughly enjoyable because, well, I didn't die, but also because of the heavy amount of suppression we came under. The feeling of having actual players try to hit us and suppress our movement and options is stupendous and most thrilling IMO. Dat feeling.