[Tue] 08 Jan 2013 (Tanks for the memories)

How we died
Black Mamba

Re: [Tue] 08 Jan 2013 (Tanks for the memories)

Post by Black Mamba »

I don't know, that's actually what I find so good in playing new missions: You don't know what's coming at you, so you need to conserve your ammo even more.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Black Mamba wrote:I don't know, that's actually what I find so good in playing new missions: You don't know what's coming at you, so you need to conserve your ammo even more.
I agree, seeing people miss targets with rockets is very funny for me, but I personally try to make every bullet and rocket count. And besides, did that tank explode by BMP fire? I mean a tank should be able to take on 2 lousy BMP's :D
I remember how people used to grenade armor in desperation because they had no rockets, and it was funny as hell.
Also, if we complete a mission in the first try then it is too easy for such exceptionally skilled players like us :jihad:

P.S One hit with a MAAWS and the T72 should be history...
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

EBass

Post by EBass »

Running Rabbit

Played as the commander and thought I had a pretty solid plan. Was generally at the front lines on the road directing things from the front. The plan seemed to be going well as we got through the first enemy zone. Casualties seemed light and the tank seemed to be fine. I was trying to coordinate the teams so we were all shooting at the same stuff and making sure SPGs were taken out before the tank got into range.

By the second marker the plan still seemed to be going ok but casualties were beginning to mount up as hidden DsKHs and SPGs took their toll. I helped Alpha and MAT flank the second town from the North as Bravo was apparently pinned down by heavy machine gun fire. As I crested the hill I saw two enemy BMPs approaching the town, which subsequently passed me. I managed to take one out with a pilfered RPG, but the advance seemed to be stalled. With the advance running out of men I ordered the tank to try to slug its way through the remaining defenders but it seemed to just instantly explode from something, no idea what.

I really liked the mission though I'd say that we should have some armed humvees, some more rockets in the ammo truck (specifically MAAWS rockets), but the biggest thing is, theres really no need for those SPGs and DsKHs to be locked. I flanked around one to capture one to turn it on the enemy BMPs but couldn't use it.

Khalid Pass

Alpha 1 AR Indiefor

A good mission though it could really have used just a little more light! We slowly shuffled up the big hill to our West and saw by the light of the crashsite that OPFOR had already got there and were taking up positions. After our side opened up on them I fired off a few RPK bursts at some moving figures at near max range. Moving over the hill we moved to take up positions on the West side of the mountain, North West of the crashsite. As we moved in I spent most of my time firing mad 10 round bursts at anything I saw moving or muzzle flashes on the other side of the hill, then getting up and shifting position before anyone fired back. Every burst I did completely ruined my nightvision, meaning it was hard to get sustained fire down. In the end I made it there or there abouts to the crashsite where the mission ended, 5 kills. Not too shabby.

Wideola

Well this was hilarious, I'll spare the details but I spent most of the time with bullets flying around me from seemingly every direction, wondering why I couldn't see anyone, somehow not getting hit once while everyone around me got torn apart. Just as we got stuff together Strangelove told us to retreat, which confused me because.

CHernOLO

Wondered what was going on, flanked some guys. Shot them then got hit in the head from somewhere with a pistol

fer

Post by fer »

zitron wrote:I'm pretty sure finishing the mission without shooting all your rockets is an insult to The Party.
Comrade, mission failure due to premature or inappropriate use of issued AT assets? Clearly, you are incompetent. Gulag time. Finish the mission with a surplus of issued AT assets? Clearly, you are suggesting that the Party has made a logistical mistake. Also gulag time.

:colbert:

Halop

Post by Halop »

Kefirz wrote: And besides, did that tank explode by BMP fire? I mean a tank should be able to take on 2 lousy BMP's :D
Don't forget that those lousy BMP's carry Konkurs missiles, specially made to destroy tanks unfortunate enough to be in front of 2 BMP's :D

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Halop wrote:
Kefirz wrote: And besides, did that tank explode by BMP fire? I mean a tank should be able to take on 2 lousy BMP's :D
Don't forget that those lousy BMP's carry Konkurs missiles, specially made to destroy tanks unfortunate enough to be in front of 2 BMP's :D
I am guessing you were in the tank, :D Sure they have AT missiles, but then again a tank is no sissy either. ;)
I think maybe some SPG got it or smth because those things don't show up on your radar.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Halop

Post by Halop »

Kefirz wrote:
Halop wrote:
I am guessing you were in the tank, :D Sure they have AT missiles, but then again a tank is no sissy either. ;)
I think maybe some SPG got it or smth because those things don't show up on your radar.
Nah, I was A1

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

Running Rabbit - Aye, I wis Danny, lead engineer, ken? Ah managed tae use mah Scottish dialect for almost all the mission, and had a very good laugh chasing the tank in my ammo truck with Diss. We eventually got shot at by small arms, and had to run away from our tank. It then exploded. Damnit.

Khalid Pass - As Alpha Medic, I was shot out of nowhere. D:

Wideola- Oh god, Wideola. x25Killa as our SL, we hopped into the most death-trappy chopper i've ever experienced. Once my C1 team disembarked, I outright refused to rejoin the chopper, fearing it's pilot incapable. Then it crashed, along with Charlie Medic. Assuming impromtu CSL duties, we hid in the forest and got shot, then in the woods and got shot. When Daf, my AT, was wounded into leglessness, I managed to haul him 400m through the forest, until dying soon after. Daf carried me to the extract helicopter. What a bro.

CHernOLO - As police chief, I had no idea how best to defend the factory at all. We got our rears handed to us with many, many bullets. Many.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

Running Rabbit
Alpha Squad Lead

I was in charge of Alpha on the left side of the road. We had A1 down on the road, A3 up on the hills, and A2 moving back and forth as needed. I also had the MAT team up on the hill with A3. Advancing down the road was going all fine, occasional casualty, usually from a cleverly placed AI sitting in the buildings which people have started taking for granted that they will be empty. Got to the first town, then help out against a charge of technicals and BMPs, then continued moving forward. We next got to the second town and had a tank that was coming to murder us with very large bullets. It seems we all kinda got stuck here as the MAT was having a very difficult time hitting the tank, and the rest of alpha kept getting engaged by sneaky bastards in the hills. I eventually ran up to a compound where a friendly was shooting into the doorway, then I got hit by a stray round that I can only assume missed him my millimeters and killed me instead. Tank moved up shortly after passed the infantry and get quickly murderalized by a rokkit.

Khalid Pass
AR guy under carson

This one had a few very tense moments. We drop up to the hill, then we sat on our side while the enemy sat on their side and we stared at each other, occasionally shooting. Squad leads and (i think) FTLs had flares, which it seemed like they always ended up putting it on top of their own men. We would get lit up by our own flare then just sit and hope that they wouldn't see us before it went away.
It was an enemy coming up the hill that eventually got me. A flare lit him up, and the second I saw him he shot me.

Wideola
A10 CAS Pilot
Couldn't see a damn thing. A10 view distance is set to like 400 meters, and my jtac died in the first 5 minutes. I tried to not do shift clicking for targets, but it ended up being needed as by the time I could see the area, I was almost gone, and didn't have time to locate anything. Engaged a ural, shot a few trees. Mission was over right as I ran out of gau rounds