[Sun] 13 Jan 2013 (Slippery Holy Rabbits)

How we died
Labbes

Re: [Sun] 13 Jan 2013 (Slippery Holy Rabbits)

Post by Labbes »

Running Rabbit - Bravo 3 under Skabooga

Skabooga pretty much wrote everything there is to write; I was even killed by the same RPG-wielding baddie. I had tons of fun during this mission, going to town with all the overwatch in the world was amazing. Also: waffly's crash.

Holy Stones - Something FTL under Aziz

After EBass drove us too far into town which we all realized too late, we were immediately taking fire and took cover in some building. I covered the only door, but was shot by someone who I thought was friendly because he kind of looked the same as the friendlies. Not my best leading ever.

Slippery Eel
Take 1: Azim's bodyguard
I died somewhere near the mosque while driving an escape car. Too bad.

Take 2: Alpha...3 FTL? With I think Skabooga, Mort and someone else who I am sadly forgetting.
I liked the plan of covering the roads with the humvees, we were also doing the whole "shoot near civilians to check if they're AI" thing, which worked out rather nicely. One sneaky player still got by us and Skabooga was shot. While I was first aiding him and the fourth person in our fireteam was covering me, our humvee suddenly received an RPG and we were taking fire. CO ordered a retreat, Mort didn't make it sadly. After the situation had cooled down a bit (also, after losing another teammate), we received orders to reinforce Alpha 1 at the airport. I procured a car, suspiciously eyeing all the "civilians" who were standing around, but to my surprise I wasn't shot. While driving to the airport with my remaining team member, I was getting really paranoid, but then the mission ended. Great success.

Cholo

I failed terribly. Both times. It was still very fun, with the music and all.

telephasic

Post by telephasic »

This was my first sesh, lots of fun will deffo be back. Right from the start I was laughing as the truck (which I now realise you have to be at the back of to get the 'get in' option) took off without me leaving me haplessly running behind. Luckily it didn't go too far though I imagine my fireteam (C3) thought it was odd when they dismounted to see me panting my way towards them from down the hill.

This is also the mission where I belatedly discovered that running when crouched is slower.

In the first slippery eel I could have saved my fireteam and gotten a couple of kills if I'd called in contacts more quickly (or even just shot the feckers). As it was I hit one of them, Universal tried to pull me out of the way and then it all went black. :-/

I'm hoping after a few more sessions I might be able to spot the enemy now and again. Half the time I can't even see them when everyone is shooting at them.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

telephasic wrote:I'm hoping after a few more sessions I might be able to spot the enemy now and again. Half the time I can't even see them when everyone is shooting at them.
Protip: When you don't see shit, just watch where everybody's shootin, and drop a few rounds in the general direction. Mostly useless, but it does look cool. (that, and you don't know it, but most of the guys around you are already doing the same)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Running Rabbit
Deployed as Deputy Commander's Useless Medic
There's not much to say about this mission except that it went about as I had expected it to, except much smoother than I had hoped. On the one hand, we had 69 dudes to slot! I was running out of places to put everyone, so we ended up rolling with virtually the entire platoon - the only guys we didn't bring along were two teams of Delta and the second attack helo :psyduck:

By the tail end of an hour, we were down less than a squad, our huge numbers of crew-served and vehicular weapons having absolutely obliterated everything in our path. Obviously, I need to make this mission quite a bit HARDER! :hist101:

Holy Stones
Deployed as Charlie Tag-along "Squad Leader"
Round 2 of uselessness, Strang and I wandered along as a hanger-on to the logistical cock-up that was the mission start (note to mission-maker {me!} - lessen the "whose car is it anyway?" game at the start). We moved as a tacti-cool buddy team through the western end of the zone, only to find a preponderance of enemies staring us in the face. I blew up two OpForian dogs and traded wounding shots with a third. I rolled over first though, and the remaining bullets in my mag settled him once and for all. Strang pulled me up, then we got shot from behind by what we thought were our friends. Turns out, not so much! (second note to mission-maker {still me!} - turn on the freakin' 20m Name Tags!)

Slippery Eel: The Movie
Deployed as Aziz's Bodyguard #4
With a nice comforting tube of stamped steel and explosives strapped to my back, I set off with my fire-team leader on the perilous cross-country journey to Zargabad. We got our main man Aziz to the mosque - only it wasn't Aziz! It was his dastardly cousin Azim! No matter, he is blood (sort of) and shall be afforded all the protection of blood (sort of). I rattled some of BluFor by blowing up the road right in front of their Humvee, but soon thereafter I got schwacked over a wall by another Imperialist gas guzzler's mounted .50 cal. From the afterlife, we watched the imposter's SUV careen into a roadblock, get neatly cut off by a Humvee, and ventilated at point-blank range.

Slippery Eel: Electric Boogaloo!
Deployed as Imperialist Stooge #4
Taking an M4 with UGL as my weapon of choice this time, I drove us into town, completely confused by the lack of directions from my FTL, and eventually parked us in about the right spot to watch the avenues outside the mosque. In MOUT, altitude and the 3rd dimension is of earthshattering importance, especially to a grenadier, so I hurriedly climbed as many stairs as I humanly could. At the top, I peeked out the side to spot Jihadists closing in on us from the west! A few grenades scared them off, and then I drilled one of them right through the neck as he crouched on a lower rooftop. He wasn't finished though, and I couldn't go over and arrest him, so I just shot him a few more times to make sure he was dead. In retrospect, being a criminal imperialist dog, I should have left him alive and shot the guy who came to get him!

Afterwards, I went downstairs to rescue someone, and my legs, then my brain got shot out from under me.

Afterparty
Awwww yeeeeeeah :dance:

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Ferrard Carson wrote:
Afterwards, I went downstairs to rescue someone, and my legs, then my brain got shot out from under me.
Muahahah :jihad: