[Sun] 27 Jan 2013 (Keep on truckin')

How we died
Tsumei

Re: [Sun] 27 Jan 2013 (Keep on truckin')

Post by Tsumei »

Wanted to write something here, but it always slipped my mind..

Craterresistance
Blufor, Alpha 2 rifleman

I spawned in a car with a person to my side and was immediately struck with a sense of fear. We had skipped past mission briefing because apparently this was a mission one just jumps into and then plans afterwards, So there I sat, with my truck parked between two structures and with a tree straight infront of me.
I turn to my right and I am greeted by the dull sheepish face of what I later learnt was an NPC with a russian sounding name, then I turn to my left and realise the mirrors aren't infact mirrors at all, but rather some form of metallic plates that reflect nothing. I sat quietly, not saying much for fear of the superiors of the army noticing my cluelessness in this situation, not wanting to point out the perhaps inconvenience of parking me up against a tree at the beginning, since I didn't have any way of knowing if backing up would kill a passing general.

Still, the mission got a go-ahead a few minutes later and I did what any good soldier does, I drove straight into and past that tree and followed behind another truck, pretending nothing out of the ordinary had happened. My NPC companion said nothing, he just stared soullessly out the window as if he was the buddha of mindlessness.

Then we got to the first cache, my squad hid valiantly behind a bush, I pulled someone from infront of that bush behind it and patched them up... And in the middle of a large firefight the words "assault" were uttered, and we all died horribly. :psyboom:

Roadside
Helicopter rear-gunner, reporting for duty!

This was interesting, I waited to slot because I felt rather timid after the first experience of bushes and assaults over plains... And ended up here, at the back of a helicopter bathed in purple light.
We dropped off delta at a.. uh, landingzone? it was landingzone-like in that we landed there, but it may be slightly in question because one member of delta was immediately eviscerated by the propeller upon exiting the craft.

Anywho, all was well in helicopterville and we continued on after the drop, looking around the area and finding a technical.. We engaged it! Suddenly I was asked to switch seats, and I then realised the other gunner had died pretty much immediately. Sadly that also happened to me the moment we got even close to firing range of the thing.
I think afterwards, Zircon the pilot of the craft got a little lonely. I watched him from spectator mode and he landed on a hill where he sat around a while, mourning the loss of his brave crewmen, no doubt.

Rolling Bohica
Engineering!

I was the lead engineer-person, and had Stoner as my assistant. We started out attached to Bravo, went through some woods a few times.. Disarmed a mine when asked ( And were annoyed that there were multiple mines marked on the map, but only one actually existed in reality )
Aaand then when we got to the barnhouse we attached to Charlie and helped them hold this position, Sometime in the middle of that firefight when I was running around trying to find ammunition on a fellow soldiers corpse I hear over engineer group chats from stoner that he "fixed it". I ask him a bit about that sentence and it turns out he fixed the BDRM parked right outside charlie's barn, So I get on command chat and inform them that apparently we have magic powers of restoration. I make a note that we should probably be paid more.
After this, the squads moved on into the western woods, we were still attached to charlie but were called upon to go fix the BDRM owned by bravo that charlie blew up.

This was in the middle of a field on a road.. I fixed it though, My magic wrench made that thing work like a clock mere seconds before a rather large bullet found its way into my brain, and then moments later another bullet made it's intentions known to Stoner aswell.
Thus ends Engineering squad.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Crateresistance

Attached to the FA heavy FT under the command of Carson. He pretty much summed up my experience on this mission, we lost Ferrard and Mamba pretty quickly and Strang kept taking bullets and in the end told me to just leave him whilst I dealt with what kept getting him. I laid done some suppression fire from a bush and think I may have downed 1 or 2 of them and then realised the long line of bushes/trees would allow me to fall back and flank round them. So I let off a few more rounds and began moving, think I may have stopped once more to suppress before completing the flank. When I finally got round, I became slightly disorientated from all the vegetation but I could hear them on VON and pin pointed the audio and took 3 with me before I believe a Toppo put a bullet between my eyes.

Probably the best move I've actually pulled off since playing with FOLK, my heart was pounding and I only wish I could have lived to bring Strang back up, but all good things must come to an end.

Out of interest Ferrard, have you got my flank on video lol? I'd like to know where Toppo was too!

Roadside

Medic to Super U, this mission went pretty smoothly, compared to last time. Few guys went down, I patched them up, we jumped in the trucks and got them back to safety!

Rolling Bohica

I was a FTL under which ever squad Skabooga was in charge of. Until we reached the first town it felt like all we were doing was running somewhere, then back to the trucks, driving to a new spot, dismount and repeat. Eventually we saw some action by a barn, got a bit tasty for a while, 2 of my guys jumped in a disabled BRDM only to panic the rest of the squad. We moved to support Alpha only to find ourselves getting cut down in a field. We eventually got back up and moved into town when the mission was called.

Swept SE

Part of Waffly's FT on INDIEs I believe (whoever defended) Lazer told us to keep our heads down until they got close. I decided to stupidly ignore that and keep peeking out of a window, watching the movement of 2 or 3 guys across town by a huge rock. Then I suddenly died from one heck of a shot to the head, no idea where from!
Last edited by Wilson on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Toppo was right there in font of you. He's one of the dudes you shot, but you didn't kill him and he shot you back.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Damn it so I could have killed 4 of them? haha

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

IIRC he bled out after that. So technically you killed him.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I'm so glad you caught that on video Ferrard lol....my disorientation is highlighted when you are screaming at me to shoot them when I'm looking in completely the wrong way.

Also love how Mamba calls me stupid at the end haha.

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

naw man, that was a brilliant flanking maneuver, well done!

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

[DvtS]Wilson wrote:Also love how Mamba calls me stupid at the end haha.
The perks of already being dead due to my own nade, taking Ferrard with me.