[Sun] 17 Feb 2013 (Carson, get down!)

How we died
Anvilfolk

Re: [Sun] 17 Feb 2013 (Carson, get down!)

Post by Anvilfolk »

Thanks both! :D

Yeah, I'm going to change the default font size from 16 to 12 or even 10. In fullscreen they become too big to read quickly.

Syn, I've got a Track IR from my flight simming. It's just the Z axis, I think. I should adjust it to ArmA... I tend to have it so my "standard position" is maximum FOV, and a small switch forward should zoom in quite a lot (minimum FOV, guncam), but there should be longer range for the medium FOV zone.

That sucks about freetrack :(

By the way, the Beans mission is now rendering. Should be up in a few hours. I've laughed SO MUCH editing it... I barely cut anything out - there was always something fun or hilarious happening! Can't wait to get it online :)

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Anvilfolk wrote:Saying "over" probably helps others understand when you have nothing else to say.
It would probably mostly help people laughing at you for half an hour. Or a week. And result in a hail of radio messages containg only one word: "Over".

I'm Oscar Mike, over.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Brilliant videos Anvilfolk!
Dogface wrote:
A very important fact to consider if you are FTL when talking to me while i'm SL'ing. I have Mike's TS script installed, so when someone is talking on CC and regular TS at the same time - the CC gets priority and TS gets mostly muted, so I cannot hear most of the stuff the FTL's are saying to me. I think a good thing to do before saying a message is to wait for my confirmation first that i'm listening and then send the message, that will make sure I get it. Nothing more frustrating than hearing on TS something like "Halop, there is a...." and then the message gets muted by CC. Just my 2 cents on this.
Can't get mike's script to work. Bwaaaaah! But anyway. This is useful information, and i really didn't know that until today. Comms has been tricky for me since day one. We have a guide for setting it up, but no information (unless you're really into forum-excavations) about how to properly speak. I've mangled bits and pieces together from watching videos of other peoples sessions.
Anvilfolk wrote:
I guess more comms discipline would be nice. First, try to establish connection: "Bravo lead, this is Bravo 2". If you get a response, then you say what you need to say. If you don't, wait a few seconds and try again
That's what i've figured is a good idea as well. The problem was i HAD TO THINK FOR MYSELF! :( What's this party-nonsense for if it can't think FOR us?! :laugh:
Halop wrote :
About comms, I know I am horrible at comm discipline and I try to be better at it, it's very difficult to communicate clearly in your non native language, I think before speaking but keep losing the correct words I want to use during messages, but I think i'm getting better over time.
Yeah, english as a second language gets tricky at times. "Take cover behind that.....that.....that.......thing over there." :suicide:

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Black Mamba wrote:
Anvilfolk wrote:Saying "over" probably helps others understand when you have nothing else to say.
It would probably mostly help people laughing at you for half an hour. Or a week. And result in a hail of radio messages containg only one word: "Over".

I'm Oscar Mike, over.

Make fun of it as much as you like. I wouldn't say it to sound cool, realistic or milsim - having my voice kinda makes that impossible for me anyways :P The fact is, and you can tell if you go back and listen to our comms, a lot of us can never figure out when others are done and we can begin. At least I've felt that. There's a lot of talking over others, and that makes a mess of comms.

I'd be OK with using BRBSRBSRBSRBSRSRSGHGH like Danny (?) says the Shilkas sound like. "Copy that Bravo, move to that hill and take defensive positions BRBBSRBSBRSBRSBSRBRSB", "Bravo copies, BRSBSRBRSRBSRBSRBSR and out" would be awesome :lol: Bravo would immediately be all like :hist101:

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Fort Bean

The grandest finale!

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Awesome videos, Carson! Truly, the party's multimedia propaganda initiative is starting to hit full swing. Also, I was in all of those! (A2 FTL, CO, and enemy general) :3

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Like I already posted in the videos, it's great to see what the other squads or other team was doing! Awesome videos!

Chernarus really does screw up any and all encodings though. Far too much detail in there :(

I don't know how you didn't contort in anger in Shilkas of Nur :P

*crack* *crack* *initiating spectator script*