Tigershark

[Sun] 03 Mar 2013 (Ill Communication)

Post by Tigershark »

Missions:
  • The Take Down
  • Red Snow
  • Wideola
  • Holy Stones
Despite some technical challenges we managed to peak around 58 players. Thanks all for coming and for enduring the technical problems we faced. Ebass will be attending a meeting with Comrade Party Chairman Fer very shortly to answer for his "tactical retreat" that involved stealing the truck from his comrades and driving off into the sunset.

Thanks to all who attented.

Also big thanks and shout out to Ajax who came to our rescue and offered up Onion Gamer's TS3 server for us to use whilst harakka was diligently working on getting our TS3 back up.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

SuperU

Re: [Sun] 03 Mar 2013 (Ill Communication)

Post by SuperU »

Supers AAR - LITE!

Take down - TH2 littblebird Pilot.

This was a short mission, mounted up I skirted around Zarga to our southern LZ. Whilst we were flying round I turned my head to see alexs (TH1) littlebird go flaming into the ground. I promptly started my decent and landed my fire team on the ground safely. I then took off to see aziz driving like a maniac though the desert so I orbited him and fed his position to command. The game then end, I assume he got killed!

Red Snow - The Glorious CO

With our comms system sabotaged by anti party radicals I took it upon myself to create a plan off attack and handle all the comms manually (Jumping between channels to provide direction). For this I needed a glamours DC, since nobody stood up I picked daf instead! Giving delta and charlie to daf and alpha bravo to myself I planned have us direct them. And direct them we did, right into the enemy's gun fire!

To cut along story short, we moved in, took heavy fire, delta flanked one of the objectives taking heavy losses but managed to capture the site!

Wideola - Puppet master alpha

I flanked round ebass and his landing party, he killed my AI, I moved even closer behind him incapped 5 of his dudes (I didn't want to kill them) They finally spotted and killed me, Wish I got it on video!

Sorry if my writing is terrible im pretty tired tonight. Good game despite all the technical difficulties.

Many <3 to harakka and the other hosts for getting though all these technical problems and <3 to Ajax for the loaned TS3 channel!

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

My memory doesn't seem to be working for me today but here's a basic outline of what happened:

The Take Down
That was a quick mission!
As an Opfor Fireteam member (Can't quite remember which Fireteam exactly) my contribution here was to shoot at the incoming Littlebirds and Humvees and killing mike (I think) while doing so.

Red Snow
Dropping in as parachuting spetznaz bad-asses, I had the advantage of being in IceRaiser's Fireteam this mission, who miraculously seemed to be immune to the technical difficulties Arma 2 was experiencing tonight (I still think it has something to do with the sideburns).
Everything went pretty calm until we reached that fateful hill that should leave us with our Leader down and everyone confused as enemies shot at us and then walked right passed our crying comrades.
The rest of our Fireteam did survive right up to the end though, so that was good. Bravo lives forever, through us.

Wideola
Our Fireteam got smaller and smaller throughout the mission until it was only Akkind and me.
We wanted to support Bravo 1 but got hold up in the woods before we could get to them.
We stayed with Bravo lead and his medic and rushed back into the village, where Akkind died and left me as the sole member of bravo 3. I rejoined with the rest of our team and took part in the glorious plan to just get in a truck and drive to the next objective.
Until we all got left to die by EBass, may his kind soul rest in peace.

Holy Stones
I literally couldn't see shit, especially in the buildings. Might be my monitor though, as most everyone else seemed to have had no troubles.
Thus, this mission was pretty uneventful.
I did manage to help up Black Mamba though, after the huge "FIRST AID" thingy in the action menu presented itself.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

For those of you wondering why there was no workshop today:

But with wisdom teeth instead.

The Take Down
Deployed as an OpFor RPG dude (A2)
Getting used to our VON-less predicament, A2 did a marvelous job of keeping the team-speak channel clear while we took potshots at the many, many annoying flies about our corner. I landed some hits on the frame of a random little bird that was buzzing us, but I wasn't the lucky dude who shot out the pilot of a flying egg while he was on approach! In no short amount of time, we got reports of Humvees charging in from the north, so I readied my RPG only for our glorious Aziz to reach the mosque, no problemo!

Red Snow
Deployed as Charlie 1 RPG dude
When has Red Snow ever ended well for us? We did a rehash of our second-most-popular plan, the first being "scatter everyone kilometers apart and pray you can finish everything off really really quickly." This other plan was "Land in the north and advance with fire-and-maneuver as though you have something better than spitballs to hurl at your foes!"

Obviously, this did not end well. I accomplished my assigned mission, though, by blowing open a hole in the vehicle depot's fence. Immediately thereafter, I was torn to shreds by a DShKM, and no one ended up using that hole in the wall anyways! :argh:

Wideola
Deployed as Picnicker #6
Assigned to the middle cache of three, me and my three pet AI lay patiently in the grass, awaiting the appearance of those dastardly British dudes. After an interminable amount of time, BluFor packed up and ran away into the Chernarussian wilderness, freaked the f*** out by the hordes of angry foresters and hunters coming out of the woodwork to exact foresty vengeance.

Holy Stones
Deployed as OpFor Alpha 1 AAR, (a.k.a. Tiger's Ammo-Bitch)
After some tense corner watching, I broke away from Tiger to sneak up the stairs and take up a roof-top position, only to be headshot with one bullet from a dude with an AKS who had snuck around onto a roof-top position behind me! Flank-ception! :psyduck:

Afterwards, however, I witnessed some true moments of badassitude:

Fuel Raid
Deployed as OpFor Alpha 3 RPG dude
After a rocking convoy, then a neat display of skylining and getting half of our number killed, OpFor took a two-pronged approach into the messy morass of way-too-tightly-clustered buildings. I spear-headed the second prong to stab deep into the dilapidated and disjointed neighborhood, guarded by priests, cops, and dudes in track-pants and yoga shorts. Wait, this is sounding suspiciously like Comrade Tigershark's childhood...

No matter! I charged my vehicle straight through a hail of gunfire, ignoring pleas to stop the behemoth in the middle of a flat open plain in front of a billion angry, bullet-spitting windows. I tumbled out and found altitude, whereupon I shot a fellow on the rooftop, then shot a fellow on the ground beneath him, then... y'know what, this is easier:

Total score: 3 kills! Or, -3 kills, 'cuz we're Raiders and we're killing civilians! Because we're Teh Evils! :hist101:

Chernolo
F*** channels, F*** plans, thar be drugs in that police station, go get 'em!
Drugs... glorious drugs... unfortunately, my dosage was delivered in a high-velocity lead capsule propelled at a much higher-than-recommended speed into my soft, soft tissue.

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Great mission absolutely loved the session :D (well no)

Well, I played Dying Simulator 2013 all the way :)

The Take Down

Alpha 1 FTL

Literally a takedown. Alex was ventuing into Zargabad or something and due to comms we got screwed :( We started the mission by dying.

Red Snow

Alpha 2 FTL

OH GOD WHY. So this is a mapclick pos like HALO. I made sure A2 is ready to HALO, whilst my game was lagging. So I do the HALO. Parachute opens at 200m. Sounds cool. YEAH NO IT'S NOT. I died INSTANTLY ON MISSION START. :(

Wideola

Transpot Helo1 Pilot

This was a fun mission. I got to fly. :)
So I SUCCESSFULLY dropped of Alpha at the correct location. After a bit of rotation and watching Alex commit suicide (:() I had to land to assist CO and A3. I forgot this was partially TvT. So I was extra careful, thinking we had like 30 human opfors waiting for us.
At the end I used spacebar to see an enemy RIGHT BEHIND our friendlies. Since I'm a maniac I just shoot 2 mags full auto into the fence, shooting Red red something along the way :( Eventually I also had to go after getting shot. All in all the only mission I played this session and a fun one.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

The Take Down
Hang around, shoot a little bird along with a few other people, it goes down, then sort of walk around until Aziz reaches destination. Victory!

Red Snow
Bravo 2-2?

Get sent to grassy knoll, get massively shot at, pinned down, flanked, and overall decimated. Make last desperate rush into town, walk around, shot in the face.

Wideola
ATTACKFOR Dafsquad AR

Get inserted, go into hills, shoot at AI down the road, get shot at/IED'd (miiiiiiiiiiiiikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!), make last desperate rush into town, walk around, shot in the face!

Wait, that was awfully similar to the previous one!

Holy Stones
NORTHFOR (INDFOR?) Bravo 1, Mamuto(FTL), Rho, AkKind, and me

Bravo 1 was given free rein. Mamuto got us to flank southeast. He tries to cross the road and gets murderised, leaving us in a compound with the enemies knowing where we are, and under GP fire. Luckily, the engagements proceed in our favour... and a final flanking move towards the compound gives us control of the east. See for yourselves!

Fuel Utopia (afterparty)
All-over-the-place 2

The entire attacking party goes the entire way around to the east to get the height advantage on the town. We overlook town, then promptly come under very effective fire (there's no cover) and lose quite a few men. Eventually, I alone from my squad get inserted into the town by UAV, and start going around clearing. At this point it was pretty much run'n'gun, though I did get a few. I eventually get shot FROM OUT OF NOWHERE, scaring the living lights out of me.

The best part though, is the crazy love scene between Mr Link and Draakon's foot. Behold:

Careful though, if you can't stand puns, don't watch the video ;)

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Anvilfolk wrote: He tries to cross the road and gets murderised
Yeah... I was not on top of my game this Sunday. That was a very dumb maneuver.
Fuel Utopia (afterparty)
I eventually get shot FROM OUT OF NOWHERE, scaring the living lights out of me.
Yeah, that was me :owned: The completely bizarre thing is that watching your video, I can't even find myself. I remember leaning left around a corner and watching you for at least 5 seconds trying to decide if you were friendly or not.. But I can't find the spot. Boom headshot ;)

The Take Down
Complete communications fail. We didn't even get to town and the mission was over. Not a good way to start off the night.

Red Snow
Charlie 2 FTL
Mamuto, Tigershark, Willem, Steenkist
Love this mission. It's always such a flustercuck. Like Ferrard said, we tried assaulting from the north again, and I think it went better than last time. Charlie took our sweet time getting down into the town while Bravo was getting themselves FUBAR'd. We got to the town with no casualties, though. Charlie 1 started moving south towards the apartment buildings before coming under fire from their direct front (guys, were you watching your freakin' sectors??) Most of them were wounded immediately. We moved in right behind them, I mopped up some enemy contacts in the area. At this point we were at the apartment buildings directly Northeast of the vehicle depot. I tried getting a vantage point inside the building (3-4th floor) but was instantly engaged by AA (shilka, I believe). Instead of avoiding that, we were given orders to climb to the roof and fire AT at it. Tigershark (very valiantly) followed orders but was immediately killed on the roof. Your selfless bravery will be remembered.

Things didn't improve from here.. Paratroopers dropped right on top of us, wounding Steenkist, Willem and myself at least once. We managed to live through it through some effective cover fire and luck. However, the rest of the platoon was not as lucky. Alpha, Bravo, and Delta took heavy casualties. We got bogged down for way too long around the town. I finally forced Charlie to rush the vehicle depot but by then Delta had secured the northern section of it. (Ferrard, we DID use your hole in the wall) Mission was called shortly after. One objective completed is better than no objectives completed I guess. And I lived through it!

Wideola
Bravo 3 FTL
Mamuto, Seth, AKKind, Doofling
I was the first one to die in Bravo 3. Took a well placed shot to the dome from behind cover :argh: damn you aimbotting AI. Really frustrating.

Holy Stones
NORTHFOR Bravo 1 FTL
I was the first one to die in Bravo 1. Except this time I had no one to blame but myself. I ran out into the street with no cover fire or knowledge of enemy positions. In the first minute of the game. :siiigh: I'm glad to hear that Bravo 1 kicked ass without my assistance though. Hooah.

Fuel Raid
Defending Charlie FTL
Mamuto, Seth, BlackMamba
We got decked out guns! AKS, and the SA58. We were also tasked with defending the northeast sector which you attackers kindly chose to come at as from. Thanks for skylining yourselves and giving us 5 free kills right off the bat :laugh:
We then saw vehicles racing off to the south, so I followed along until I found the fuel truck, killing some poor soul chilling by it. I kept flanking until I found the pickup and went further into the center of town. Came across Anvilfolk, shot him in the head. Kept going down alleyways doubling back to the northeast when I got stuck between two walls. And got shot because I couldn't move... Kind of frustrating, would have loved to ambush Ferrard and his group. Good fun, can't wait for version 2 of this mission.

Hopefully VON works next week, super frustrating playing without it!

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

I think it was actually pretty cool to have played without VON. I'd totally not like to play without it all the time, but it was amazing that we had to keep comms to a minimum: everybody managed to keep it short, to the point, with adequate identification, etc. It was a great learning experience, at least for me!

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Oh man, stealing that tractor was the highlight of the night for me. :D That and getting a lucky position during Cholo and massacring half a dozen rockers with my shotgun.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

A couple of notes on Red Snow for future Russian commanders:

1. When equipped with short-range suppressed weapons, squads/FTs can't provide a base of fire on enemy posistions 400-500 metres away.

2. Ordering the same squad to rush the enemy across open ground without any effective suppressing fire is only ever going to have one outcome.