[Tue] 05 March 2013 (It's my first time be gentle)

How we died
Anvilfolk

Re: [Tue] 05 March 2013 (Its my first time be gentle)

Post by Anvilfolk »

I do apologise if I came off as too negative. I had a feeling that might happen even if I did not intend it, and I do hope noone has taken what I said the wrong way. In particular, as Ferrard Carson pointed out, we are all friends, and I've been continuously amazed by how well people work things out - and once again, it's not a single mission that's going to have any impact on... well... anything really :)

Also, what Terminal Boy said goes for me as well. Tell me to go places! I joined FA to see the world (read: Takistan and Chernarus) and have marvelous experiences (read: get shot at repeatedly and shouting OW MY FACE in amazing feats of incompetence) :)

And actually, a little more on micromanagement that I've noticed from my limited experience: it really depends on who you've got under you, and this is where it's important to get to know people. Some people are more proactive and know what to do, while newer members such as myself often forget and need reminding or edging forward. When commanding experienced people, you need much less microing!

As I keep getting told, "Less is more" sometimes :)

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

It's all good, feedback is very useful in helping me and other prospective COs etc how to make the experience better for the group. :) That mission could definitely have gone better and it's good to have some tips on how to make that happen.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Doesn't the BMP have zoom? I thought that could have been used to take out the SPG haunting us and stalling us for so long. Alternatively, agressive flanking around hilltops could have been used as well. Forget about formations, if in doubt, glorious charge is always the most fun option :P.

BUt do not take it too hard, Dogface. It happens to all of us - I personally never am capable of commanding because the chaos of the SLs gets in my head so much that I get sensory overload issues, alongside problems with the comms not being pitch-perfect (or human comprehension not being pitch-perfect), it adds up, and yeah, it kinda gets in the way. I think part of the problem also lies in the design of big assault missions in general. Defense missions force you to take initiative, whilst in Assault missions it is perfectly possible to hold back, and thus, people will.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Grizzly, I was in the BMP and the problem was that the SPG was behind trees so I couldn't see anything, so I ordered my driver to drive 20 meters forwards and then I saw a rocket coming at us trough the trees.
I yelled, but with no avail. :owned:
Besides... armor should never clear AT emplacements, like choppers should never clear AA pods, and that's that.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott