[Sun] 10 Mar 2013 (We DID lose the mission)

How we died
whitesymphonia

Re: [Sun] 10 Mar 2013 (We DID lose the mission)

Post by whitesymphonia »

Anvilfolk wrote:Still don't see the C-130 :\ Did anyone else have that problem?

Also, just finished watching the Running Rabbit combined footage... that was amazing! The attack on Imarat was textbook, and MMG1... jesus, you had guys had it rough back there! I really don't know how you weren't immediately sniped off into the afterlife!

I did notice that Ferrard's bits of video do have really heavy comms chatter, presumably CC. Even without the confusion of being there as it's happening, I find it hard to parse. How do you do that? Can you actually parse all of it, or do you just filter things out? Or can you make out all of it and keep track? Is it just an english as a second language thing that I'm not able to cope with all that?
Yea, MMG1 performed splendidly. I know Draakon (CO) wasn't too happy with me at times in the mission since MMG1 was adamant about fighting them off all by themselves when Draakon kept asking me what they were doing there. Wasn't till they were out of ammo that they moved.

Good communication for Bravo that mission. It was clear and concise, and things went quickly. Appreciated that you FTLs copied the format on comms and that everyone else stayed off TS. I try to start coms by addressing who/which channel, as well as who I am, then my message. So on Command Channel, I'll say, "Command, this is Bravo Squad Lead, INSERT MESSAGE HERE". Same goes to talking to my FTLs so they know who's speaking, and who they're speaking to. Pretty much how I figure out who's saying what/where. Also, if command and FTLs are talking at once, I'll have to ignore one, usually the FTLs as long as it's not something very urgent, then having them repeat it after. Other than that, I guess you get used to people's voices, since I know Draakon, SuperU both command quite a lot, and it gets easier to distinguish their voices on command channel even if it isn't said.

Yea, you guys did lag behind Bravo 1 and 3 there. And for a while I thought I lost you for a sec xD. We were on a hill, and I was trying to get all fireteams to move to the next waypoint, and Bravo 2, Me, and the MMGs were all just sitting on a hill. I was running around trying to figure out if your game crashed or not. Apart from that, it was a good mission, shame that the rabbit died. It was nice having it for fire support, but it was still the VIP. Don't remember which squads it was, but when Bravo took a lot of hits, we recovered pretty well there. Spent that time popping all the smoke I had to have the entire summit and ridge covered for Wires.

Wires did really good as a medic, lots of healing/running around. Saved pretty much all of Bravo on this hilltop.

A lot of things didn't go according to plan. We WERE supposed to do BOF for alpha on the village, but the village got cleared pretty fast. Draakon first gave us the go ahead to move to next waypoint, then wanted us to stay and provide cover. Problem is, that Bravo 1&3 were halfway to the next waypoint and taking fire, and couldn't get back, so I let them continue and bunker down at the waypoint where there was more cover. Bravo 2 stayed behind for cover, although we all ran out of ammo at that point, and there was a moment where the squads were running around trying to get ammo in turns.

I know Draakon's higher rank, but I felt my responsibility was to take his orders and try to execute them the best I could while keeping our guys alive, and I felt that one squad covering, while the others try to find somewhere better to defend when taking fire was better than having them retreat in the open. Shame the rabbit died, was about to volunteer Bravo to draw fire since Charlie and Alpha took a lot of hits and were very wounded at the end.

Album of screenshots I took while dead.
http://imgur.com/a/DG4nG

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

COMRADES! Better late than never! I have arrived bearing YouTube footage that I really should have had out way earlier in the week! Check my original post on page one and enjoy!

Also:
Anvilfolk wrote:I did notice that Ferrard's bits of video do have really heavy comms chatter, presumably CC. Even without the confusion of being there as it's happening, I find it hard to parse. How do you do that? Can you actually parse all of it, or do you just filter things out? Or can you make out all of it and keep track? Is it just an english as a second language thing that I'm not able to cope with all that?
It's the magic of Mike's TS addon (the effect is lost if you don't watch the video with headphones), in addition to a decent audio buffer in my mind that reminds me, "Hey, your AR was trying to get your attention a few seconds ago." There's a reason you rarely see me shooting in my videos - I'm usually chattering instead :eng101:

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Whitesymphonia: yeah, sorry about that. I shouldn't get on FTL roles whenever I'm not aware, even if it's taking a long time to slot! Here's to hoping it goes better next time around :)

Ferrard: Aw man, great videos! I liked the part where you peeked out the window to see a massive rocket heading straight for you (in Cholo2) :D That looked really slick from your side! I suppose Mike's TS addon is the little bleeps and bloops the radio does whenever someone speaks on CC or something?

And that was a kickass recovery from tail-rotor loss! Gonna have to train offline for that one of these days :)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Anvilfolk wrote:I suppose Mike's TS addon is the little bleeps and bloops the radio does whenever someone speaks on CC or something?
Mike's TS3 Addon is basically a "poor man's ACRE" meant to help people distinguish CC chatter from regular TS3 chatter. It has a (optional) radio beep before CC messages and places CC messages in the right ear (it's configurable). Listen to any of my videos with headphones in and it'll become very obvious.
Anvilfolk wrote:And that was a kickass recovery from tail-rotor loss! Gonna have to train offline for that one of these days :)
:clint:

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."