[Sun] 10 Mar 2013 (We DID lose the mission)

How we died
pvtbones

Re: [Sun] 10 Mar 2013 (We DID lose the mission)

Post by pvtbones »

Cholo 2:
Alpha 3(?)

quickly spawned and rushed for the truck and got a AK-74 and some ammo. ran to the construction site and went around in circles looking for some stairs before eventually finding them and positioning myself on the second floor on the north facing side. Keeping back from the windows trying not to be seen and hearing my squadmates calling out spotted enemies but unsure if we were aloud to engage. then a little bit later the north east exploded into combat, and that is when I realised I grabbed the wrong ammo for the ak... :bang:

I tried to apply suppressive fire with my silenced markarov, followed by trying to find where the blufor had entered the construction site and died promptly after.

Dash
Alpha 1 AT
cruised over the desert and all hell broke loose once I got boots on the ground, blew up a bmp ( I think) and got knocked down a bunch of times and revived a bunch of times by my FTL joshua before we were killed by a friendly grenade.

Rabbit Run:
Rabbit Gunner

Having never been inside a tank before, I got to be the gunner. things started well I insta-killed the bmp on the road and spent a good 30 seconds looking in the wrong direction for the technicals before I went to town on them,Got hit by the SPG in the engine but it was only minor damage so we pressed on. Then I got to go to town on the town. I was starting to burn through sabot during that so I switched to HE after we initially pushed into the town and went over a mine or IED and took some more damage and backed off to get some repairs by the engies (you guys did a great job by the way, treated the rabbit like royalty) then we advanced again a bit further than before.

Then word came over the wire about a t-72 and thats when I really started to worry. we engaged the opfor tank and cracked a shot off and struck true, shame it was a HE shot and appeared to do nothing to it. The time it took to reload the SABOT round was the most painstaking clock counting I've ever had since highschool. cracked off another shot and struck true again and smeared him.

The second T-72 came into view about 10 seconds later and "Oh Shiiiii....." more panic and clock counting waiting for the sabot followed but my cannon view sagging to the ground dead.

Crashsite
The plane that didn't immediately crash.

I remember promising anvil my stereo and cd collection of prozac, he died before me.

Mr-Link

Post by Mr-Link »

Anvilfolk wrote: Mr-Link: sorry about all the running in Running Rabbit (aptly named for you, at least!). If it's any consolation, we didn't do much while you were gone. I also feel I did a pretty poor job of FTLing Bravo 2 during that mission, so I'd highly appreciate feedback from you guys (Geronimo, Mr-Link and daf) as well as from Bravo SL (whitesymphonia). We were usually behind Bravo 1 and Bravo 3, but I think we were mostly supposed to stay put as we were advancing too far. We were supposed to be BOF for Alpha, but I don't think that actually happened much.
Oh you did well, your deployments were fine and we did all survive didn't we?

You were absolutely right in deciding to send me instead of daf, I was just teasing. It is my job after all as the man with the big bag. Besides, with the bad FPS that I was having that way I was actually being useful somewhat ;)

The only problem with that mission other than trying to adapt to long range fire was (as you yourself mentioned) that there was way too much chatter going on in teamspeak. So much so that we could hardly hear each other clearly on VON. That's not really your fault obviously but I suppose someone from the party higher-ups should look into this if it happens again.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Rabbit

Crash site - Take 1

Crash site - Take 2

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Aw man, those were amazing to watch :D You were on the other side, so got to see you guys shooting me out of the An-2! Also, that second running of Crash Site was really well done! Loved it to bits, and also got to figure out what you were up to while we were shooting at Comrade Carson's Mi-8!

Despite what I said, I couldn't resist getting some videos.... :\ First up, some CHOLO2 footage that's far too dark because of YT encoding :( It features much massacring of the defending forces. It is *scary* in there!

Then, I'd love to get feedback about FTLing from Running Rabbit. Also, beware that video, since there are some mind-boggling pearls of wisdom from daf at the beginning ;)

Next up is Crash Site... which I would advise everyone NOT to watch since some of us were singing on the plane. Also, getting shot to smithereens! Please tell me someone has footage from the plane that stalled and crashed! Anyways, you'll be able to see we were graced with wonderfully skilled pilots, expert at navigation! :eng101:

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Regarding Crash Site Part Deux, I didn't see the C130 either, but I think it renders very briefly as you pan right at 7:30-7:36 in that last video.

Having survived a very shakey landing of Rapist Air flight 069 to the LZ and almost being killed instantly by the door gunner on the BLUFOR heli, I was delighted to reach the Crash Site in one piece.

Alas, effective comms within Alpha appeared to out of the window with us all standing around waiting for permission to engage the BLUFOR heli after running up the hill. BLUFOR had no such RoE concerns and mowed A2 down in a hail of close-quarter gunfire shortly afterwards.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Still don't see the C-130 :\ Did anyone else have that problem?

Also, just finished watching the Running Rabbit combined footage... that was amazing! The attack on Imarat was textbook, and MMG1... jesus, you had guys had it rough back there! I really don't know how you weren't immediately sniped off into the afterlife!

I did notice that Ferrard's bits of video do have really heavy comms chatter, presumably CC. Even without the confusion of being there as it's happening, I find it hard to parse. How do you do that? Can you actually parse all of it, or do you just filter things out? Or can you make out all of it and keep track? Is it just an english as a second language thing that I'm not able to cope with all that?

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

I want to formally apologize for my helicopter landing. It was dark, and Mi-8's seem to fly like a fat American family stuffed in an old station wagon, and then catapulted through the air. I've unloaded my makarov and left it on the desk with my badge.

zitron

Post by zitron »

This made my day! So glad someone recorded just how close I was to crashing into draakon! Thanks for the video anvil!

EBass

Post by EBass »

Hahaahahaha i love that Chornolo 2 one (or whatever it is) great to see my handiwork from another perspective :) I wondered if I'd got you with the door gun on that pass :)

HEY EVERYONE, FRIENDLY FIRE PARTTTTTYY

lazerdx

Post by lazerdx »

Upon rewatching SuperU's footage of Crash Site 2: dude you died like SECONDS before I bumrushed your helo. After I managed to crash OPFOR's chopper I was reassigned to "charge South for glory", and I wound up finding the exact location your helo landed to pick up the document. Right before Ferrard took off the last time I sprung out of the bushes and stood in front of the BLUFOR helo and lit the cockpit up with my MP5. I was so close to redeeming myself.

Morale of the story: damn you Ferrard for being my direct counterpart for every mission (FTL, SL and helo pilot in all PVP missions we played that night! You magnificent bastard).