[Tue] 12 March 2013 (We died, alot)

Post by SuperU »

Missions:
  • Clergymen
  • Drastic Bypass
  • Compound it
  • Generals
  • Colonels - After party Rematch!
Thanks again to those that came tonight and died for the cause!

Please leave an AAR post below!

Cheers,

SuperU

Wilson

Re: [Tue] 12 March 2013 (We died, alot)

Post by Wilson »

Only stuck around for the first 2 missions as I seemed to die so soon in both I quit for the night.

Clergymen
A2 FTL - with Guus, Pickers and Crocuta

Positioned just West of the town and the church I had the FT look predominately SE as that's where INDFOR have attacked from in previous playthroughs. Draakon had other ideas though and flanked round from the North, the BMP-2 snuck behind us, Crocuta threw 2 rockets its way, it survived, shot me. Seems my FT survived the whole mission though, only me that died. Typical.

Drastic Bypass
Gunner in a HMMMV with Awesomish and dannysaysno.

We moved down the road, lined up with out CO. Opened fire on an enemy patrol > spectator script. Night over for me.

First time I've played ArmA2 in a week or so since ArmA3's Alpha release, so was very strange. Would have enjoyed the session more if I managed to survive longer!

Cheers

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Clergyman

IFV Commander

Horrible horrible things will happen when I'm a commander. So Kefirz took over for a brief moment to guide WAlter into a good spot. Somewhat. Until we got engaged from the North, so I repositioned us (HORRIBLE GUIDING SINCE 2013). After 5 minutes of driving against a wall we had our left track disabled (thanks) and we could focus on the BMP. Kefirzz being Kefirz he managed to shoot the thing through the tree. WE hold out under heavy RPG fire and win. Yay

Drastric Bypass

Alpha Squad Leader

Horrible things happened i nthis mission. I managed to be a decent SL for Alpha, not micromanaging this time. But our commander died later on in the mission and my medic was stretched really thin (because we only got 1). Since our commander died I GOTTA TAKE OVER. Yay. I had no fucking idea what to do :(
Bravo was really far out, Alpha & Charlie in the valley, so Bravo got the base of fire assignment and Charlie & Alpha got to rush. Needless to say we all died. Although I died by running away and getting shot in the back.

Compound It

Alpha 2 Fireteam Leader

HIPPIES ON THE RUN, OUT NOW MARCH 13TH 2013 IN ALL CINEMAS CLOSE TO YOU.
Kefirz, Kemon & Mumakil (and me), dream team yeah. I decide to mount the typical hippy vehicle at mission start but Kefirz refuses to enter :(
So we build A HIPPY ROADBLOCK at the cache. Then, Kefirz strolls off south east to check, and kdemon and mumakil went west with me and stayed there, providing suppressive fire on the Chinook that landed there.
We lost Mumakil due to some fire (idk from where though) and KDemon advanced to our position. In the meantime we fought off Brits all over the place as they charged us.
KDemon checked outside and got promptly met by a British MG. RIP :(
I proceed to hug the wall waiting for that brit to pass through, and luckily I had scouts confirming that (because he could've easily flanked me). TAKE THAT CROCUTA. :D
After I emptied 1 mag into him his head was still moving, so I promptly emptied another mag into him. That seemed to end the mission somehow. We won, yay.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Clergymen

Bravo Squad Leader on Defenders, but due to budget issues, I had only one fireteam under my command. So instead, I acted as a forward observer, letting Caperitious take command of Bravo instead. I was walking around the east of the village, and eventually met up with SuperU once the firefights started, flanking trough the forest where the enemy had been, and promptly got shot after killing one of theirs. I should try and use that nifty grenade launcher more often.

Drastic Bypass
Alpha 2 FTL. This mission actually went really well overal, was a lot of fun. Everyone kept moving up, lots of firefights happened, and everyone died. Action packed and hectic mission. We need to do this stuff more often.

Compound it
As CO of the defenders, I ordered my fireteams to just gaurd one cache east, put my eyes out east, and put Alpha Squad Leaders eyes out east. I told everyone that they were free to take vehicles, at which point everyone grabbed a car or a tractor and just did whatever they wanted, making for the little bit of light-hearted chaos at the start of the mission. Meanwhile, whilst we were waiting for the enemy to show up (they had connection issues), Comrade Tigershark, our medic, crashed into a tree and died a horrible horrible death when his car immeaditely caught fire.

We saw that the Helicopter was putting down forces north west, so I ordered my forces to move into that position, keeping sentries behind - But, I didn't extend them too far, as I expected a flanking manouvre - which was exactly what happened, as it would appear BluFor had just walked to the objective or something similar, and came from the opposite direction. I got shot rather quickly, but had a firefight which lasted several minutes whilst wounded and on my own. Great stuff, although I do remember not calling out this fact properly to Alpha 1, who almost got flanked due to my insuffecient warnings - they did seem to do fine afterwards though.

We won with hardly any casualties.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Clergyman: OPFOR - A2 AT. I was the Western-most of Opfor, guarding the very same route that I took as Indfor the first time I played this, so I was on edge. Some time later, Pickers says “Yo, AT, look behind us”, and there’s a BMP just sat there a few hundred meters away. I had to double check that it wasn’t ours, then took a shot. It spam fired in my direction and I ran for cover behind a tree. Overwhelmed with joy at still being alive, I fired my last at it, but the bastard wouldn’t go down. I fell back to the church and stayed there for the rest of the mission. Right at the end I peeked out and saw a man in a hat - facing me - go prone. I didn’t engage, but hid and called the contact. Mission complete.

Drastic Bypass: B1 AAR. Things went badly for Bravo on that ridge. People were down, smokes were popped, and I had a little fun after taking my FTL’s GP launcher.

Compound It: BLUFOR - A2 AAR. It all seemed to be going ok until Alpha was pinned behind a cluster of rocks, and the chinook came down practically on top of us. We were ordered to pop smoke and charge, and I ended up down a hill, charging towards enemy fire. In a moment of sanity I hid behind the only bush, and witnessed almost everyone else die, so I spent my last minutes going in for revenge, up close. Zig-zagging straight forward, I took fire from the right, and swivelled to spray into where I heard the shots. I got a lucky kill, before Tryteyker jumped me.
tryteyker wrote:KDemon checked outside and got promptly met by a British MG. RIP :(
It was actually a garden-variety L85A2, but I switched it to the 'scary' fire mode that only I know about.

Generals: OPFOR - A1 AR. I ended up North of the rails and saw glimpses of the enemy. Checked the map and then radioed “Command, you have” ........ *Mission End* ....... “EI to your,... damn. Never mind.”

Colonels: INDFOR - A1 AAR. I destroyed the busses and killed three officers of the law. I don’t even know why. :v: