[Sun] 24 Mar 2013 (A walk in the woods)

How we died
Terminal Boy

Re: [Sun] 24 Mar 2013 (A walk in the woods)

Post by Terminal Boy »

This might be a little sketchy as I didn't make detailed notes of Who?/What?/Where? as I normally do..

Goose Chase - BLUFOR Bravo 2 AAR - FTL : A nice Dutch chap who died far too young.

This mission started off with the scariest helo flight yet for me. Yes, scarier than last Sunday's fog-bound Chinook insertion, mostly because I was last man into the BlackHawk and sat facing out where I could see exactly how close we were to stuff. At one point, I suspected we'd boarded a Chernarusian Forestry Department tree-trimming flight…

Having kissed the ground after landing, we moved out towards the Bravo 2 waypoint and had formed an FT firing line along a low wall on one side of a wooded valley when we started taking fire from several directions. Judging by the mottled white trousers worn by the enemy, we were under attack by a band of millitant Chernarusian painters and decoraters. I shot on enemy at the bottom of the valley and then spotted a couple more crawling up our side of the valley clearing hoping to lob a grenade or tow at our position. I shot 2 of them, but the second shot me and I spent a while thrashing around until some kind soul patched me up.

At this point, both my Group VON and Bravo TS channel were full of very exited people shouting about hostages and where the extraction point was. Having no working legs, I decided to stay in cover in case more enemy attacked my little wall. No idea what happened my FTL and the rest of Bravo over the next few minutes, but I heard a chopper explode nearby which is officially Not A Good Thing. After a couple of minutes of peace and calm, I heard what sounded like BLUFOR weapons firing from behind me and crawled uphill to investigate. I found my dead FTL and borrowed his M4/M203 combo as he appeared not to need it any more.. Saw a few BLUFOR survivors once I reached the top and started firing in the same direction they were, adding a few 40mm HE to the party. I guess they decided to clear out and I though I was going to be left alone again, but a very nice man picked me up as the remaining BLUFOR moved out from the hill. We hadn't gone far before the mission was called.

Poctalon CO-OP - Bravo 1 AAR - FTL : Dogface. AR : Stoner. AT : Adynod

A much more pleasant help insertion this time, but as we disembarked the Mi-8, we discovered it was actually a badly damaged Transformer and it either tried to assume it's true form or started to body pop like a Dalek on LSD. No-one seemed to know which would be worse, so we all ran away very quickly indeed.

Dogface took us for a nice run through the woods until someone decided that a frontal assault on Devil's Castle would be a good idea. It wasn't. A BRDM cut Bravo to pieces with myself and Adynod getting an early helping of hot lead. AT man Stoner got the chop next and we all thrashed for a bit until Alpha patched us up. Someone killed the BRDM while I was down, no idea who. A medic (from Charlie?) called Syn arrived and got us all back on our feet. I picked up an RPK from a dead comrade as I thought it might be handy later.

ASL Tryteyker arrived and rolled us Bravo survivors into his squad and we moved down the hill while putting suppressive fire on the hillside above us. The RPK proved a good choice as at least one EI shaped lump appeared on the horizon I was spraying bullets at. Our new SL led us running of to the NE following the tree line in that direction. I kept looking behind me in case we were followed and almost shot Syn as I thought I was Tail End Charlie, but his name tag showed up just in time to prevent a most unfortunate Blue on Blue.

I recognised the village we were moving towards as Gvozdno from the many times I've visited it playing DayZ and remember thinking how nice it was to be able to just run up to the big barn on its NW side without being chased by zombies. Little did we know that this was the Barn Of Unrelenting Slaughter and no-one would be leaving alive.

Tryteyker set Adynod (who'd found an RPK himself) and myself up outside the barn watching the SW road. Nothing much happened for a while and then all Hell broke loose behind us from the direction of the centre of Gvozdno. I think I should have reacted sooner, but stayed covering my assigned sector too long and got shot in the arse the instant I stood up to move East.. Adynod fixed me up and we legged it into the barn just in time to see it do a very good impression of a colander as all the bullets in the World started to tear through its walls. I shot a couple of EI that got out of a perfectly good BRDM parked in the open fields to the West before it was time for my Stupid Move Of The Evening.

What do you do if trapped in a Barn under heavy enemy fire and can actually hear bullets pinging off the metal door frame in front of you? You don't stick your head out to see where the fire is coming from. Which is what I did and died instantly of a face full of PKM fire.

Enormous fun!

2 Days To Retirement - Rocker Band 1 Bassist : Lead Singer : Ferrard. Drummer : Draakon.

Some say it was the debauchery and random killings that forced The Man to attempt to shut down our party in Vybor. Personally, I reckon it was Ferrard playing LDR all night long. Chernarusians will put up with you shooting their menfolk and re-enacting the Kama Sutra with their womenfolk, but they won't sit still for that nasal bint's warbling belting out in the small hours…

Either way, no plod was getting his filthy hands on my custom Marshall amp (volume goes to 12) or my stash of Keith Richards approved drugs. So, I extracted myself from the local farmer's daughter and did one last line of Peruvian marching Powder before venturing out to see what sort of defence Fer had in mind.

Our Band Leader has decided that he was getting bad vibes from our assigned location, so we moved into a nearby courtyard. It was at this point that I realised that I had totally failed to bring a real gun with me and was holding some sort of Czech kid's toy instead. I was about to call Ferrard several very rude things for allowing me to bring a pop-gun to our last gig, when he suddenly got dead.

Luckily, the other band members shot the cop responsible and I went back to watching my corner only to see another cop with a shotgun run through the doorway into the compound. I fired and hit a lot of wall and very little cop. I popped my head out around the corner and fired at the cop again, fully expecting a 12 gauge trepanning. Turns out I must of hit him as he was rolling around on the ground when I summoned enough courage to move up to his last known location. I shot him some more for good measure. And again for forcing me to leave the farmer's daughter's ample charms.

I grabbed the very dead cop's shotgun and moved to the corner of the compound where I could watch both entrances on that side of the courtyard while the Draakon and our back-up guitarist checked outside. I heard some more shooting which must have been our support act cleaning up the last police in town as we were announced victorious moments later.
Last edited by Terminal Boy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

fer

Post by fer »

Terminal Boy wrote:2 Days To Retirement - Rocker Band 1 Bassist : Lead Singer : Fer. Drummer : Draakon.
You might mean Ferrard, not Fer; because I didn't play in this mission, comrade. Go easy on the drugs, next time ;)

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Oh man, reading through these makes me sad that I missed this Sunday's session. PAX East (big gaming convention) was happening in Boston that I absolutely could not miss, though, so time was well spent. Hope to see you all next Sunday!

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

fer wrote:
Terminal Boy wrote:2 Days To Retirement - Rocker Band 1 Bassist : Lead Singer : Fer. Drummer : Draakon.
You might mean Ferrard, not Fer; because I didn't play in this mission, comrade. Go easy on the drugs, next time ;)
My apologies comrade! I've corrected my AAR accordingly.

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Took me long enough, but here's videos from this session.

First off, Zitron bullseyed my nose with a grenade during Holy Stones, because I was an idiot...

Then, Tree Huggers was what I'm starting to think is the regular experience in AI+Chernarus. Didn't see anyone, got shot infinitely many times! The bit at the end is me trying to figure out what the heck is happening and what I'm supposed to as acting CO of a very depleted platoon - all while eating dinner!

And finally, some nice flanking action in a new radio segment I'd like to call StrangTime.