[Fri] 29 Mar 2013 [V+] (Never let Draith fly)

How we died
Cam

[Fri] 29 Mar 2013 [V+] (Never let Draith fly)

Post by Cam »

Thanks to all of the 18 Comrades who turned up for tonight's Vanilla+ shizdig.

Missions:
  • Dire Straits v1 (Podagorsk)
  • The Radio Stars v1 (Sahrani)
  • Helo On Earth v6 (Sahrani)
  • Kovrov Clearance v1 (Sahrani)
  • HOSTages v1 (Cindercity)
  • Random Engagements v1 (Podagorsk)
  • Kovrov Clearance v1 (Sahrani)
Feel free to post your AARs below and, if you can, include a few suggestions for future sessions.

Cam

Dannysaysnoo

Re: [Fri] 29 Mar 2013 [V+] (Never let Draith fly)

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

Going into inter-mission detail is kinda pointless. Most flaws were brought up during or after the mission. Thoughts on the whole of the session?

- Remember that time I didn't get a radio, and as a result, no one listened to me, and I went postal? Yeah, give everyone appropriate radios, or leave a stockpile of them.

- A bit more mission variety. Good, ol' fashioned conquests of towns and villages.

- Maybe a bit more time pre-mission, in some kind of pacifist purgatory, where we can make sure radios and ACRE are working.

Draith

Post by Draith »

Never let me fly.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Nooooo, I missed ACRE and Sahrani.

daf

Post by daf »

It's not "never let Draith fly" but more like "never let Draith at the controls of any motorized vehicle". A great session but still some kinks to work out, mostly getting people used to ACRE, specially the range of direct and handling the radios, even though 343 are meant for squad level there was some attempts at turning them into a VON group channel which imo over complicated things specially for those unfamiliar with ACRE.

I've posted the usual raw videos so consider that my side of what happened that day.

PS: Also there was at least 18 people and I have video to prove it!

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

This was awesome! Yes, there were some teething issues with the radios and such that we should work out for next time -- but overall, playing with ACRE is a lot of fun and really changes the feel of the game for the more interesting, and the new maps are brilliant. Danny, I'm sorry you had to die but I was really just doing a little of the martians' work for them before they arrive. Bravo and CO, your brave helicopter-crash-based distraction was vital to completing the mission. :D

Anyone who likes the normal session but is feeling up for some more variety, I highly recommend heading over to the V+ section and getting it set up in time for next Friday!

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

I was itching to join this, but I'm at my in-laws this week :(

I think I actually saw 19 people when I joined TS just to hear everyone talking at the same and have a laugh (with some tears of sadness at not being there) ;)

Sad to hear about the bumpiness of the first session, but that's how first sessions tend to go - hope to be there next week!