[Fri] 12 Apr 2013 [V+] (Guus, lest we forget)

How we died
Cam

[Fri] 12 Apr 2013 [V+] (Guus, lest we forget)

Post by Cam »

A wonderful session, filled with wonderful comrades, our highest player-count yet, at 19 players.

Missions:
  • Crash Site (Celle 2)
  • BlackfolkDown (Fallujah)
  • Cratesistance (Podagorsk)
  • Gold Dust (Fallujah)
  • Random Engagements (United Sahrani)
  • Ambush at Tobolsk (Podagorsk)
Feel free to post your AARs below and, if you can, include a few suggestions for future sessions.

Cam

kalelovil

Re: [Fri] 13 Apr 2013 [V+] (Guus, lest we forget)

Post by kalelovil »

Crash Site:
Blufor (CDF) Alpha AR

After a slight delay in boarding SuperU's Mi-17, we proceeded to follow the main highway north, landing without issue in a clearing north-west of the crash site location circle.

We then all proceeded on foot south-east into the location circle, using the abundant forest cover of Celle to conceal our movement from any AI or Opfor.
There was some worry that our careful approach and the slightly shorter flight distance Opfor had could allow them to extract the data before we got there, and not long after we began moving through the forest we heard the sound of Opfor engaging the AI somewhere to our East.

Reaching the edge of the forest cover we spotted the crashed C130, and an Opfor Mi-17 nearby, only a couple hundred metres away.
We came under and returned sporadic fire from the direction of the C130, our tree cover fortunately minimised our casualties. There were reports over the radio of the enemy possibly having more than one Mi-17, although I only ever sighted one myself.

After a few minutes we saw the Opfor Mi-17 beginning to take off. Our commander gave the order to concentrate our fire onto it and we did, resulted in a tense 20 or so seconds as we raked RPK and AK fire onto it while it tried to gain altitude. Finally it started falling to the ground, we had likely killed the pilot, and Blufor forces gave a cheer.
The enemy soldiers mostly survived the landing, the helicopter having not fallen from much of a height, but as they tried running or crawling from where it had landed in open ground we had an easy job of eliminating them with concentrated fire.

The mission ended with a decisive Blufor victory.

[More to be added when I have time.]

daf

Post by daf »

Hawwwww, the name should have totally been "this time we didn't let draith fly", I felt it had a theme going here.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

During Random Engagements, Cam teleported me into the middle of BluFor. I didn't notice until they told me to drop my weapon. They were kind enough not to shoot me on the spot, and I was like "I think I'll just walk this way." As I was leaving I teleported to the correct starting point.
kalelovil wrote:After a few minutes we saw the Opfor Mi-17 beginning to take off. Our commander gave the order to concentrate our fire onto it and we did, resulted in a tense 20 or so seconds as we raked RPK and AK fire onto it while it tried to gain altitude. Finally it started falling to the ground, we had likely killed the pilot, and Blufor forces gave a cheer.
The pilot (also our commander) was sat next to me. I saw him slump over and shouted "oh shit, we're going down." Even though we lost horrifically, it was still fun.

daf

Post by daf »

Also as I was going trough my video descriptions and titles, the session date is wrong :|