[Tue] 16 Apr 2013 (The Party is always watching)

How we died
SuperU

[Tue] 16 Apr 2013 (The Party is always watching)

Post by SuperU »

Missions:
  • Nutcracker - This one was a real nutcracker for opfor, they took heavy losses.
  • Treehuggers - Glorious leader toppometer commands an under strength platoon with tank and a hijacked BMP3! Lots of death
  • Cacheola - Bluefor and inde battle it out over some caches, Bluefor takes too long and inde kills them. Inde Victory!
  • From thin air - We play a mission were delta is so stealthy they didn't have map markers and the enemy was protected by an invincible line of fences.

After Party
  • Redflight - in this mission we adopted advanced communist tactics in which each player contributes to the plan in the form of a map marker. http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/864 ... 2035E76BD/. Fortunately for us the mission crashed and we never got to try this new tactic.
  • The one with the AN2 gunships. Airwolf meets topgun.
Thanks to all for making the session, we had a petite turn out of 34 comrades fight (Die) for the Party today, please post your AARs below they help us hosts and mission makers. They also provide for some interesting reading!

Cheers dudes!

Super

Nimrod

Re: [Tue] 16 Apr 2013 (The Party is always watching)

Post by Nimrod »

Cacheola

BluFor Alpha 2

Whoever fired an RPG at us, this is how much you terrified us:

The panic in our voices.

Sorry about the quality, recording codec had a bad evening.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

In Nutcracker I was OpFor Charlie AAR and spawned on the roof of the warehouse. I died trying to get down (someone should see to fixing that).

Then I was so exhausted I went to bed.

Lamest after action report. :v:

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Nutcracker
Alpha FTL

Alpha got the glorious job of staying on the road together with our wonderful tank. I kept two people on each side of the road and trundled along waiting for the inevitable horror. Bravo started getting shot at to our left, but alpha and charlie was ordered to continue. (We had one minute left 'till timeout, so it makes sense.) We then encountered the MAT+barricade of doom and took so many RPG rounds as to be completely obliterated. Ouch!

It seems to me that 15 minutes is a bit on the short side for this mission. 20 might make it more bearable, but as it was we just almost made it to the village south of the endzone, and that was w/o any major vehicle mishaps. There should be some way for TankFOR to halt and recon, otherwise the tank will get blown to bits by MAT really, really easily.

Treehuggers
A1 FTL

Oh, these forests again.... We tend to die in forests a lot. It was with boundless optimism and past experiences physically removed from my brain by surgery that i once again set out through the forests of Treehuggers. We were under strength, two squads, and no BRDM to sweep up for us and shoot at stuff. This would be ugly, and, indeed, it was.
Alpha had the left side of the road, and we moved slowly and surely, lagging behind BRavo, who dashed madly ahead to the right. Our first encounter involved enemies who had the gracefulness to actually BE ON THE ROAD, making it possible to come by almost unscathed. Of course, immediately afterwards, when moving through the next line of trees we start getting hit from whoknowswhere. This led to the usal "everybody dies with only a hazy understanding of where we are being shot at from"-scenario that starts to seem familiar, as if from a dream....... (NOTE : increase subject brainwashing drug doses)

But seriously, the confused forest death is a classic, but i'm growing weary of it. I'd like to CO this mission once to see what staying on the road will lead to..... And dear me, i wonder what will happen if we ever make it to the red circle with an exclamation point in it... :?

Cacheola
Sitting around waiting with my RPG, fire my RPG, miss, get chewed up by HMMV MG. Good times. At least i got you all to panic a little.

Dabbo

Post by Dabbo »

Played 3 of 4 games (excluding after parties).

Nutcracker
Tank Gunner - Redundant as no ammo available.
Tank Driver was Tryteyker

This was a slow mission. I was aware of the time limit and the very little progress we were making. I believe most of the delay was due to the other fire-teams clearing the village up ahead. Eventually, we were down to the last few minutes and we just decided to go ahead, especially as we were getting a lot of causalities. As soon as I could see the roadblock, RPGs hit the tank, crippling it - as I couldn't do anything, I bailed and ran for cover behind a bus - I became disorientated very quickly - looking up towards the hills, I could see the enemy hiding near the rock, I shot, but kept missing - only realising that I made my position known to more enemies on the hill which I couldn't see - I was soon dead.

Treehuggers
Bravo 3 Fire Team Leader (FTL)
-- Pickers
-- Nimrod

Decided to take more command roles from now on, starting with FTLs. My only concern is that I freeze up whenever I have to assume command, something I need to learn how to deal with I guess. Pickers and Nimrod were great to work with, very observant and responding to my lead. Good show guys!

Enemy Infantry (EI) were spotting on a road up ahead, our Bravo Squad Leader (BSL) ordered the whole of Bravo to converge on the south-west side of the road to get eyes-on. Bravo 3 - me, couldn't see the road, so I moved closer, triggering the EI to engage Bravo - I hit the dirt and returned fire. Pickers got wounded in this fire-fight, once I saw it was clear I returned to my team mates where I could see Nimrod helping him out, I popped smoke and provided cover until he was back up.

Once we had Pickers back in action, we returned closer to the road - supporting the IFV (SuperU), didnt see any contacts - but a lot of fire - it was awesome. BSL set markers to move directly West, up the hill. We moved into position and Pickers immediately spotted the EI approaching from the West, I couldn't see a thing! Eagle eyed team, this is why it was a joy to work with these guys. Unfortunately, Pickers went down again - I popped smoke to heal and Nimrod provided cover. Once up we held position and watched from the attacking EI towards our West. This is where things go wrong for me, Pickers gets hit again, I dive to the ground, I try valiantly to drag Pickers away from the enemies line of sight, but I end up getting killed in the process.

From thin air
Alpha 3 Team Leader (FTL)
-- Eirik
-- daf
-- Willem

Maybe it was the pretty lightning effects or the heavy rain, my command of the fire-team sucked this time. I was running around lost and not communicating with my team effectively.

We teleported in near to the objective and proceeded on foot, approaching the target from the South-West. We eventually came to a wall, surrounded by invincible wire fencing and lots of EI shooting at us. I took my fire team slightly to the East to flank the EI, but I couldn't see them through the trees and they kept me and my team pinned down for a while (daf was slightly wounded) - this may have been enough for the other teams to take them out. Our Alpha Squad Leader (ASL) ordered us to watch North-West, we wasn't in a good position to do so, so we moved to the North-West, to get a better look.

The ASL decided to see if we could all breach the wire fencing, but several rockets later - it was still standing, we decided to move North-West along the fence, trying to find a gap to get in. At this point I lost control of my team, they were going rouge and following/sticking close to the ASL - possibly due to them hearing the ASL in giving orders in Team Speak. I didn't think to reign them in, so I just caught up with them and then I got shot. I was dragged behind a tree and I could see someone trying to heal me, but I just bled out.