[Fri] 26 Apr 2013 [V+] (Everyone died, the sequel.)

How we died
Cam

[Fri] 26 Apr 2013 [V+] (Everyone died, the sequel.)

Post by Cam »

Lower player-counts this time, only around 14 comrades, but still a fun session overall.

Missions:
  • Amphibious Attack (Podagorsk)
  • Radiology (Sahrani)
  • The Valley (Sahrani)
  • HOSTages (Cindercity)
  • Cleanup Operation (Sahrani)
  • Random Engagements (Celle)
Cheers to everyone who came along, feel free to post your AARs below and, if you feel the need, make a few suggestions for future sessions.

Cam

Dabbo

Re: [Fri] 26 Apr 2013 [V+] (Everyone died, the sequel.)

Post by Dabbo »

No-kills Dabbo reporting in!...

Amphilbious Attack
Alpha 1 - Fire Team Leader (FTL)
-- Zergra
-- Issus
-- Kuzma Sudakov (AI Player)

Started the mission in a bath tub (BTR), I could only see the driver in front of me and the others must have been in the party section as they could all see each other and they were having a better time than me (Ordering Pizza and such). I had 3 glorious walls of dark grey steel and the red hair of the driver as we painfully, slowing approached the beach - not quite as dramatic as the D-Day landings.

I still struggle with my Radio settings/key bindings - just need more practice. We spent some time on the beach getting organised and setting my 148 channel to 12 for some reason? It was good I suppose to get used to messing with the 148 user interface settings.

We moved North-West to the trees, and started to approach the first target which was the radio tower. It was pretty uneventful up to about 5 yards from the objective, where we couldn't see any AI guards at first, they appear to have been huddled towards the Eastern side of the radar site. Shots were fired, I dived to the ground and fire from a bush killed me :/ Also, when I "spotted" the enemy, I'm sure my character said "Shoot ma balls"...

I do like the banter available with direct/local channel without bothering people on the radio channels. The only thing I learnt from this mission was that my radio acknowledgements are rubbish:

CO: "Hey 148 users, have you boosted your power?"
My Response: "Alpha One Copy?"
:siiigh:
Maybe I should have said "Alpha One Lead Confirms 148 boosted to maximum"?

Radiology
Alpha Squad Medic (ASM)
(Reporting to : Alpha Squad Leader -- Draith)

I thought I would tackle to role of a medic for once. We "forgot" to wait for Cam to tell us that BluFor were set-up and ready for us to start the advance. We were deep into the woods by the time we were given the all clear :)

We moved towards to valley with the "Slender Technical" following me and Draith through the foggy woods! The hills seemed to swallow Alpha 1 and 2 fire teams. Our plan was to use lots of "SMOKES" - so, I ran most of the way with a smoke grenade at the ready.

The technical came under fire and they fell back, but both driver and gunner were slumped in their technical, against the hill - It was too late to heal them - as I approached I came under fire so I threw Smoke everywhere. I healed the Draith too and he moved up into the hill to get a better look of the enemy. I moved up to have a go at killing some BluFor, but no such luck. The last of BluFor were killed and we won.

The Valley
Alpha 2 Team Leader (FTL)
-- Kalelovil
-- Issus
-- NuttyTecc

This mission looked like it would have been good to fight, except I died pretty quickly (again). We all moved in SUVs to the first road block and came under heavy fire, I left one of my Fire Team members as the gunner to try an suppress the contacts, I moved for cover, spotting a wounded comrade only to be shot by some sneaky AI camping on the beach. I just ended up spectating 3 wounded guys bleeding out, lost horribly - oh, wanted to try that mission again - I would probably would have been more cautious.

HOSTages
Alpha 1 Fire Team Member
-- Tryteyker (Fire Team Leader)
-- Cam
-- StrangLove
-- Dabbo
-- Zergra

Tasked with guarding a hostage and killing the BluFor team who are attempting to rescue him. Night time mission, no lights in warehouse/compound, Night Vision goggles. Fun. Tryteyker's plan was... "I love this mission, no briefing, it's so easy to win - so you don't need one!". We lost.

Here is how I died without killing a soul, boo...

Cleanup Operation
Alpha 2 Fire Team Leader
-- Zergra
-- Kalelovil
-- NuttyTecc

Some hairy (skillful) low level flying from StrangLove to the AO, we landed at the AirField while StrangLove did an Air recon. The ground troops (us) hid in a hangar and we were approached by several technicals - which didn't last long. We eventually pushed across the runway, stopping halfway to return fire to some enemy infantry - took some injuries, lost some command people, we lingered in the open for several minutes whilst some rockets were shot in our direction.

I took command, yes, command, of everyone... first time, I suck of Fire Team leading, this was pressure! We took sporadic fire from all sides as we approached the C-130
crash site - we didn't have the equipment to start a download, so we decided to just blow it up...

A really good session, even if the turn-out was lower than normal.