[Sun] 05 May 2013 (Friendly Fires)

How we died
Ferrard Carson

Re: [Sun] 05 May 2013 (Friendly Fires)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Mr-Link wrote:Please tell me someone took a video of the glorious fireworks that happened in Cholo 2. First time I see OPFOR win this one, and they did it with style (and a healthy dosage of explosives).
Of course! ;)
Dogface wrote:I like that Rambo is holding the ammo belt with his pinkie finger extended.
But I am the epitome of class and sophistication! My monocle and top hat were shot away by enemy fire, but I remained resolutely polite as I FILLED THOSE MOTHERF*CKERS WITH HOT BURNING LEAD, YEAH HOW YOU LIKE THAT YOU INCORRIGIBLE BRUTE!?

CompoundIt SE (3 caches)
Deployed as BluFor CO
The whirly-bird logistics actually worked out pretty damn well - SuperU hit both LZ's right on the dot (may have come in a little high on the second, but no harm done), Alpha was deployed on the ridgeline as a base of fire, while Bravo moved down into Northern Zavarak proper. Then the first mortar hit, and both squads became increasingly unresponsive, Bravo due to significant casualties, Alpha due to the attrition of their leadership (already hurting from the loss of Alpha 2 FTL to a hongry rock). Then Antler winged me and someone finished me off. Noooooooo...

Utes Clearance (3 objectives ... later reduced to 2)
Deployed as Machinegun Section FTL
Well, I was actually Bravo 1 FTL. After much agonizing over the fact that our LZ had been placed within 300 meters of the airfield, we in Bravo managed to finagle our LZ closer to the shoreline and less likely to be filled with murderizing death. Then Alpha thought they were a porpoise.

Take two!

Alpha decided to prove how right we were to convince BSL to change our destination by accidentally hitting the very spot that had initially been picked out as Bravo's LZ. The radios of half of Alpha once more lapsed into static, and Bravo 1 lagged behind 2 and 3 as my fireteam methodically pulled back every survivor we could find, dragging them to cover and reviving them behind smokescreens.

My AR bit the dust when he ran too far forward on the hill and encountered 3 bad dudes in a small copse of trees. I splattered their bodily fluids across the grasses of Utes, and my AAR dashed forward to grab our late AR's gun. Having pulled up everyone we could find and covered another comrade as he carried a wounded marine up into defilade, we raced to rejoin Bravo, a fireteam of five.

Wait, what? I welcomed the two new vestigial remnants of Alpha to my team and noted with amusement that they both had SAWs. F*ck. Yes. Team SAW to the rescue! We maneuvered around on a paucity of enemies, most of them having been drawn to Alpha's crash site like moths to a flame, most of whom we had already killed.

Then we were left behind. Low on ammunition, hungry, and missing the latest episode of Game of Thrones, we faded into the bushes of Utes and went native. We stole AKs and plenty of ammo, we learned the tongue, we fished and scavenged for food, and one day, the Marines returned to find the Stars and Stripes flying proud over Utes airport. Except sideways. This is our island now, bitches!

Moonless SE (with a Hind)
Deployed as ASL
Lots of mens wandered into our killzone. Not a one survived.

Hilariously, the ambush sounded something akin to this:

"Chirp, chirp chirp..."
"BANG!"
"RATATATATATATATATATATATATAT!!!"
"Chirp, chirp chirp..."
"RATATATATATATAT-- Cease fire!"
"Chirp, chirp chirp..."

That lull in the middle? That was virtually everyone in the platoon reloading at the same time. :laugh:

The remainder of the mission was a cleaning sweep that was a foregone conclusion before it even started. Somehow, though, our chopper still managed to kill itself (but not any friendlies - a welcome change from the norm!)

Cholo Episode 2 (with more explosions)
Deployed as The Door Gunner Who Saw Nothing
Something about that construction site just attracts helicopter pilots like lemmings, though I don't blame Headspace for not wanting to land on top of a ZU-23, active or not!

I ended up facing away from the police station, my M240 completely useless. Unfortunately, machine-guns can penetrate Huey skin, and I was schwacked from behind by a boolet with my name on it. :bang:

Valley
Deployed as Rambo
I awoke in a Huey. Was this a dream? I pricked myself with my bowie knife. No it was not. Was this a flashback? I looked around for an inexplicable smoke monster. Nope, not a flashback either. What is this? It seems familiar. I look around the cabin of the Huey. There are three dudes who look at me like I'm their friend. They call themselves Delta. Things feel much more familiar. There is an M-60. I can almost put my finger on this feeling... it feels like... it feels like... I pick up the M-60.

It feels like home. :jihad:

We land. AntlerOwl leads us onwards. The Takis come. They fall beneath our bullets, but our numbers dwindle. Around us, our comrades lay slain, cut down in their prime. Soon, it's just me and Antler. The world turns red, and bloodlust takes over. I am one with my gun. The gun is one with me. Eleventy billion rebel scum tried to bring me and Antler down. Twenty-seven rebel scum died to my tracers.
Mr-Link wrote:Image
We fought and shot and groaned and shot and sprinted and shot and ran and ducked and shot... I was 60 bullets from dry after Antler had already given me the one mag he could scrounge from our dead AAR, and then we saw a UAZ in the distance. A UAZ with Takistani Army markings. Could it be? We spied a man crouched in the brush. Was he friendly? Antler couldn't tell. He handed the binoculars to me, and I glassed the unknown man with one hand, the other tightening on the trigger... and then I saw his helmet. We dashed down the hillside, jubilant and sobbing and completely f*cked up in the brain with PTSD after seeing that the entire rest of our platoon hadn't made it out. But we had. Takistan, we have returned!

ChernOLO!
Oh shit, bad dudes!
They be coming, Antler! They be coming for our drugs! You watch the upper doorway, I'll keep the stair-well clear. They're in the stairwell! SWANDIVE! Hah, I kilt one of them, Antler, you hear? I killed one! ... Antler? Antler? :( I'm coming, Antler, wait for meeeeeee! :suicide:

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

Nothun wrote:and Draakon thinks it is funny to blow up the construction site...
Hey, just because the city approved of the demolition plans days earlier, but didn't have time to press the trigger button (those were their explosives laid down there, I SWEAR!), doesn't mean the job should be left undone. So, I did what every other Zargabad citizen does: Complete the job.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

The first FA session ever where I didn't die even once in the (4 counting Clearance re-start) main session missions. Must have been some once per eon celestial alignment thingy.

Compound It
OPFOR Bravo 2 AT - FTL Bandzai

I had my Jihad one for this one and was in the zone tactically, calling out helicopter noises, possible EI movements and even the appearance of HMG on motorcycles 100m North of Bravo 2's compound. Alas, I must have hit my head on the low ceiling when moving up to my roof-top view point as I was in the VON Command channel and not Group. Sorry comrades!

Not much happened for while, until HMG appeared to hurt themselves deploying the Dushka. Bandzai and myself ducked and dodged the Red Lazers of Death fired at us by a very angry Chinook running to grab and re-position the Dushka. Luckily, either our brothers shot the Chinook down or it got so angry that it head-butted a house. We set up the HMG in a location where I could pour leaden death into the Infidels should they move into the village; they decided to die elsewhere and we were victorious with my getting a chance to get my dakka-dakka on. Arse.

Utes Clearance
Charlie 3 Rifleman - FTL Fer

Attempt 1:

I was expecting to have to run to and board TH3, so I was so shocked to spawn manning the starboard doorgun that I jumped out of the helo and had to scramble back in. At this point, TH1 decided to avoid possible AAA fire by doing a BF2 style dolphin dive which angered the Arma Gods so greatly that they sent a huge wave to swallow TH1.

Attempt 2:

Comms seemed chaotic from the start with TS and VON being full of chatter. And this was before TH1 and most of Alpha got shot to buggery at their LZ.
Charlie 3 (along with the rest of the squad) cleared their LZ without coming under fire and moved to our first waypoint in column before forming a skirmish line facing the nearby village. I'm not entirely sure what happened next as other elements were on both our flanks, but it looked like some cheeky EI popped up to our left front and everyone in the grid square lit them up. This mad minute left our FTL Fer dead and unit cohesion went to the pictures. At some point during the session, my TS3 had decided that I would be on receive only for the evening and my PTT had taken the night off. As I could hear both squad and CC chatter, I didn't notice this until I was saying goodnight later..

After some running around like a headless chicken, I was found by daf's MMG team and joined them. We shot at bunkers near and far. The enemy shot back and I lost my legs. Comms lit up with "GET TO THE CHOPPA!" and some kindly soul carried me to the LZ. Just as I was clicking on the "Get In" menu item, the choppa left; leaving myself and at least one other FT behind. Luckily, the mission then ended before the bad people came to extract their revenge on us..

Moonless
TK Army Charlie 2 AT - FTL Doofling

We moved into a nice secluded spot below the ridgeline of the hill in the middle of the bend selected as the ambush site. Judging by the TS chatter, the Party had supplied both vodka and NV scopes before the mission.

I'm guessing that way less enemy showed up to the ambush than expected as it was all over by the time I crested the ridge and had nothing to shoot my shiny RPG at. If the enemy were too yellow to come to us, we'd take the fight to them and we moved along the ridges on the South Eastern side of the road. Once we got close to the first village, many of the locals ran out into the darkness only to perish as we used our NV scopes to pick them off from afar.

We moved some more and shot some of the local menfolk and were suddenly victorious.

If I make a suggestion, can comrades please stop running in front of me when I'm actually shooting at EI? I had 2 separate incidences during the last phase of Moonless where all of Charlie 2 were engaging enemies several hundred metres away where my scope was suddenly full of a comrade's back just as I was about to fire. If I hadn't been using aimed semi auto fire, it would have got messy..

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

I come bearing the gift of moving pictures! Marvel in awe as still images come to vivid life right before thine own eyes!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Nothun

Post by Nothun »

Ferrard: "Let me get the bearing... N something, whats your Name?"
Nothun: "Nothun"
Ferrard: "Yeah Nothun, Where you got shot there is a guy..."
Nothun: "I'll get him!" Nothun dies 2 Sec later on the same spot...
Ferrard: "Hmm, well that didn't work... :owned: "
"We all make mistakes, just none as grave as yours" -Spitnam after a Blue on Blue

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nothun/

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Nothun wrote:Ferrard: "Let me get the bearing... N something, whats your Name?"
Nothun: "Nothun"
Ferrard: "Yeah Nothun, Where you got shot there is a guy..."
Nothun: "I'll get him!" Nothun dies 2 Sec later on the same spot...
Ferrard: "Hmm, well that didn't work... :owned: "
Excuuuuuuse me, you're quoting our glorious leader, AntlerOwl - I was too busy getting my ass shot off! :hist101:

~ Ferrard