StrangLove

[Tue] 07 May 2013 (Triple Flanking)

Post by StrangLove »

Missions:
  • Clergyman
  • Arrival (limited to eastern hamlets)
  • Swept SE
  • Highway
Duuuudes! With a high point of 32, I reckon we did damn well. Please feel free to add your own below (and love-letters to Strang. By which I mean screenshots and videos. And letters.) ...

Mojo

Re: [Tue] 07 May 2013 (Triple Flanking)

Post by Mojo »

Due to my late arrival I only managed to die in 2 games. It was great fun but the comms had been forgotten near the side of the road :v:

Swept SE - Flank the flankers
OPFOR Alpha Medic
I managed to loose the commander after 5 seconds as everyone ran off. However, following the stream of people I eventually found him again as he was sitting on a hilltop. We managed to secure 3 compounds before making contact. Those buggers had been hiding in the last one, awaiting our moves and thus Alpha took hits and wounded. After crawling to them I trew 2 smokes and we dragged them back into the compound. As I was examinating a wounded his comrade decided to shoot him in an attempt to see if he was dead (I think he owed him a beer) After determing that the bullethole in his head was most likely the reason why he was not moving, we moved on into the treeline only to find EI´s on the hillside overlooking us. The Commander died, and so did everything else for that matter, so I found myself alone with noone around me but the bullets coming from the hill. After hearing that Alpha 3 was moving in to flank I ran up the hill to find 4 corpses of EI and 1 of a fellow soldier. I then moved to a huge rock where alpha 3 had hid themselves from MG fire and quickly bodge went down. This was the start to a very bad turn of events! I managed to drag him to safety, but he died in my arms. After a unsuccesfull AT shot towards the MG jeep we decided to trow smoke and run to the valley for one last taste of glory.
We engaged into an epic run, shouting for honour as everything started to blow up around us. One after one we died and in the end, even the medic got shot in the face. Turns out there was a huge force of AI waiting for us :fry:

Highway - F´ing trees
INDFOR Bravo AR
The plan was to blow up and kill everything but the plan was slighty faulty and so where the comms. Dogface was my FTL and also the person who got all of Alpha drowned on my first session two days ago, so I had very high hopes for this fellow. However, I couldnt hear what he was saying (maybe due to water in my ear) and so the confusion began. Our position had a horrible attack angle as there was a huge line of trees between us and the killzone. Following some fireworks from the mosque, the enemy arrived in theyr huge collum. The rockets started to fly and people where drying. But not in the killzone, in the city. Bravo ran into the firefight head first and found lots of dead people and rockets flying just down the street. I engaged a APC who had become bogged down on the hillside but was shot brutaly by the unhappy passengers. I dragged myself into a backyard where my army buddy was awaiting. After he patched my legs back together with some gaffa tape we found our FTL on the other side of the road and decided to make a dash for him. He covered me as I ran across and I saw him running out of the same door I was aiming for thinking he would just give me space. But no, two EI met me with a handshake to the face and some bullets wich led to my instant death. Afterwards he told me that he actually did warn me from going through that door :(

AAR end.

For reasons I still dont know, everyone seemed to be in different TS channels and without time to check we just went for it. I should take my time to check that for this sunday :psyduck:

Anyway, I again had a good time with the strangers I was grouped with and my god, stranglove, you HAVE to work for a radiostation, your voice is a godsend gift for our ears. At last, daf, I managed to kill 1 EI in highway so that qualifies me for the AR position more than well :hist101:

Mojo out.
Operation Red Hammer - A dynamic, storydriven, COOP campaign
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=919

Nothun

Post by Nothun »

The Second Servingcan taste nasty

Clergyman

Alpha 1 ( FTL Draakon, Steven, Crocuta, Nothun)
With an outstanding FTL we got into scanning position south of the church, only to run back to the church once the action started. With bullets flying through the courtyard, and Draakon ordering us our positions, I got kinda nervous with my little triggerfinger (being autorifleman made this a lot easier). Watching my flanks I noticed a man approaching from my left, couldn't identify, turned and shot. Shot again to make sure... by the time I stopt, half of my clip was empty and our medic, well he was... dead... :fry: Oh my God what did I do! :o
For better or worse Drakoon sent me further away from our squad (can't blame him) to watch the north-west.
As soon as I was in position, bullets came flying and I was no more...

Arrival

Alpha 2 (FTL Nothun, Aido, Pickers, IceRaiser)

Seeing this was only my second time with FA :D , I didn't want to take the FTL position, but volunteerd as no one wanted this huge amount of resposibility. I actually wanted to commit suicide and let IceRaiser take over, but seeing that he got me killed last session, I thought I can do this better :hist101: . So off we go, SL shouting, but I couldn't understand a thing as some bored pilot forgot to switch of the engines of that darn Plane! :argh: So I acted on my own behalf and orderd my team to cover the directions I judged to be the most hostile. (Luck was on my side as my fellow comrades knew what to do)
Cutting down the enemy, I completely forgot my duty and only realised that A1 and A3 had already moved up the hill. Gathered my squad and of we went. Wait, someone is missing, oh it's IceRaiser running ahead! :cop: Gulag for you!
Joined up with A1+3 to sweep first town. Down to almost zero ammo, but we found a Technical, with HUGE gun. Aido got into gunner position and we kept shooting at everything that moved on the hills.
So what up Bravo? Lagging behind because of my supreme Leadership skill? We end up sitting around our Tech, waiting for Bravo to catch up and Aido always finds new targets to shoot at. IceRaiser got the great idea that instead of waiting, we should head up the Hill to scanvange some ammo and guns. Let's do this! :dance: nothun *starts engine*, Oh grap rocks! Aido: "Man don't get it stuck already, I just got this mahoosive Gun!".
Heading up the Hill I hear SL shouting at me that we are moving to far away from Alpha, but in times of low ammo, everything is ok.
So we get our final Order, to secure the Heli Crash-site and rescue the pilot... "Hey Iceraiser stop! Nooooo" Damn well parked on the Head of the Pilot, well he is KIA... :owned:

Swept SE (aka Triple Flank)

Alpha 3 (FTL DW, Tired Hippo, Nothun, ?warner?)
This one went viral! we got the order to wait in the southern valley to attack the sweep team once we flanked them. As DW did some exeptional spotting, we waited for just the right moment. Ok here it comes. "Guys when you are over that ridge, start firing at everything that looks Hostile!" Done! Got two down, when all of a sudden we got flanked b some :argh: got one, but there where two of them! So my Team dies a heroic death... in smoke...blood... explosions...

Highway

Delta with Charlie in bravo :confused:

what to say? Sing!: I'm on the Highway to Hell! With someone poppin firewerks... actually that sounds quite harmonic and peacefull... just up to the point that 7 (8?) APC appear :psyboom: with nothing but two rockets per Bravo Charlie Foxtrott whatknows to take them on. Okay, everything went better than I expected! We got flanked by an APC on a mountain! Or could have been a grenade from Zebra 1 Kilo 5... cant't remember, but I died in a glorious explosion!

Great Night, and thanks to all of you! :mrgreen:

Nothun
"We all make mistakes, just none as grave as yours" -Spitnam after a Blue on Blue

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nothun/

AntlerOwl

Post by AntlerOwl »

Clergyman
A mission with extra Russian flair, in the form of two terrible Russian accents courtesy of SuperÜ and myself. We hike up to our waypoint, and prepare for a charge.
:hist101:
Now, turns out that we're charging right into a group of people that have had eyes on us since we reached the waypoint. They were 60-70 meters in front of us. They open fire, and chaos ensues. I hide behind a tree and peg one guy in the head. Aaand I die.

Arrival (limited to eastern hamlets)
Again, I started out as a Fire Team leader. As this mission places you under attack the second you spawn in, I told my squad to leg it to a safe zone, and orientate south to check for baddies. I hear some mumbling on Teamspeak, and all of a sudden I'm the squad leader in charge of three Fireteams! Oh nooooo
It's all too much, and I start to panic. I get my first official question/order: "How much is left of Bravo?"
"Gimme 2 minutes!" I respond. Two minutes? What kind of horrible choice of words is that? Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but it's too late to correct myself.
Bravo 2 was all intact according to Toppo, so that's good. Bravo 3? "We're all HFshajfha" That's a strange noise. What was that supposed to mean? Oh, shit, he's dead. Well, I should probably report back to the commander and tell him tha :psyboom:
Oh dear. Well, that didn't last long. Probably for the best, but still, a slight shame.

Swept SE
Not much to say about this one. I got in a fireteam with Toppometer, Tigershark and IceRaiser. They talked a lot and had pretty good chemistry. I mostly stayed silent and tried not getting in their way. That got me killed, unfortunately, as I moved from a house to another. Bleh.

Highway
Oh wow. Oh wow, you guys. Oh. Wow.
So, we're holed up in a bunch of buildings right next to the road the motorcade we're supposed to blow up will pass by on.
I take out my RPG, and lie down on top of the roof. Strangely enough, I auto switch back to my AKS. I try back and forth, back and forth....
BAWOOOF
BADOOM
Yeah. I launched a rocket during a covert operation. Some pretty angry words came across channel commander, so I hid in a corner and did not cry for a while.
Unfortunately for me, I still couldn't go prone and have my RPG out at the same time. So, crouched in a corner, the enemy starts to roll past. Weirdly enough the lead vehicle spots me, even though the angle was all kinds of wrong (I was on the second floor) and starts shooting. Thus I had totally screwed up the entire mission. Good job, Antler.

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

AntlerOwl wrote:Swept SE
Not much to say about this one. I got in a fireteam with Toppometer, Tigershark and IceRaiser. They talked a lot and had pretty good chemistry. I mostly stayed silent and tried not getting in their way. That got me killed, unfortunately, as I moved from a house to another. Bleh.
That was AI sneaking up from behind.
I tried to get an answer from you, walked up to check and got shot :D

darkwingstalker

Post by darkwingstalker »

For me, it was just good to come back and get back into my old role of FTL/SL.

I was 2/3 minutes late for the first mission, so I watched the mission while tab-alting repeatedly. The end firefight was particularly exciting, and I rarely see an adversarial come that close.

Mission 2: Arrival

I was Alpha Squad Lead, and basically tasked with taking the first objective. I pushed A1 up the hill into the face of the enemy, and moved A2 to support them, and we made it over the ridge.

Afterwards, we captured some technicals and positioned them around the village to defend Obj1 until Bravo could bring themselves over and after that there was minimal enemy resistance.

I did the whole mission only firing a single shot, when an insurgent threw himself at the rear of our technical. Sneaky bugger.

Honestly though, I was just the administrator keeping everyone in line, and thanks to me FTL's for getting things done with no fuss, although it did give me a start when A2 ran off to the south without letting me know.

Swept:
A3 FTL

Ah, the triple flank! - Kale had us go to the north and dig in, and so we did just that. I then did a bunch of spotting, identifying targets as they moved to engage. The Opfor inflicts heavy casualties and so we push down into the town to help out. I nearly bagged Aido with a 40mil from 800 metres [within about 6 metres of him!] and we bagged some villians before were got fragged by a grenade.

Convoy Ambush:

A1 FTL

We took the mosque after the attack went south, and my fireteam was cut in two. I got shot up by some guys that were attacking the command element, and I think Aido probably bought it too. Damn convoy.

-----

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys, it felt like being one of the guys again, and with a bit of luck I'll be back Tuesday.

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Fun fun fun in the fog fog fog. :)

Clergyman - INDFOR (attacking) IFV gunnner, Tryteyker driving

This mission had us attacking a small town in Chernarus to occupy a church within 30 minutes. Both we and they had IFVs. While the rest of the team split in a pincer movement to attack the town from the SW and NW, we went on a sightseeing trip along the roads to the north, so we could attack from the west. We approached along a track towards the church, where the enemy IFV had been spotted - however, we couldn't see it (or much at all) due to the heavy fog.

This gave me a bad feeling, so we pulled back along the track and loops down towards the southern assault group to try and flank. As it happened it worked beautifully; we emerged from behind a curving line of trees to see the enemy IFV rolling straight towards us, gun pointing at our old position. We drilled it with AP rounds and an RPG from Alpha(?) helped deliver the coup de grace.

At this point I wanted to pull back but for some reason VON chose this moment to temporarily stop working, so Try couldn't hear me imploring him to return to the driver's seat as he got out to scout around. In the end we changed plans and circled round the church, blasting HE rounds at the walls to try and flush out any enemies inside. However, as we rounded to the front, an RPG flew out from behind a building and disabled us. We hastily ejected, with both of us getting shot, although I was still alive, just wounded. Not able to see much in the dark and the red wounded haze, I saw a shadowy figure run past me. Crossing my fingers, I sprayed some MP5 bullets at him, only to be riddled with AK bullets myself. Luckily this seems to have been enough to alert one of the few survivors on our team (Ebass?) who counter-riddled my killer in return, giving us the victory. :P

Arrival (limited to eastern hamlets) - Bravo SL

I was somewhat short-lived, this mission. In this airfield assault and clearence, Bravo was tasked with occupying the 'car park' area on the north side. I placed an FT and SOV humvee (with AGS grenade launchers and mounted LMGs) at the north, east and south. Everyone got hastily to their places and started efficiently laying down fire on the enemies that started to swarm us, including knocking down a wall to make a firing position.

At this point I noticed the ominous outline of a tank approaching from the SE - A T55. Amidst some frantic back-and-forth on comms, I noticed that the eastern SOV was unoccupied. In a foolhardy fit of bravado, I leapt gracefully onto the AGS, and started chucking grenade rounds at the tank -- only for a shell to come screaming at me and blow me sky high. Ennervating!

Swept SE - Defendfor A.. 2? FTL

This was a neat one to watch. We set up in the center of town and watched SW towards where OPFOR had just been helidropped. Soon we saw shitloads of Russians pouring over the ridge, some heading away into the hills, and some descending into the woodline towards us. When they got close enough we opened up on them, and when they popped smoke, we shot the smoke, and also launched GPs at it. At this point we heard reports of contacts in the east. I turned in that direction, and got shot from an unknown source. :P

From there I saw many sneaky hijinks as flankers flanked flankers and Ice PKed people and rockets were shot at people and such a things.

Highway - In this convoy-based finale we set up in the rocks a way from the road. Unfortunately the road itself turned out to be blocked by a thick line of trees, and shortly afterwards, the convoy got spooked and started ENGAGING FIGHT MODE. We therefore rushed our way into the center of the little town, around the mosque, engaging IFVs around the road-junction, and raggedy groups of infantry who started filtering in from the trees to the north.

At this point we pushed forward to cross the road, and as I happened to be at the front I was the first to notice an MG spraying us down. Unfortunately my warning about this got lost in the comms chatter (or VON glitched again), and Mojo bought it when he followed in my footsteps. We took out a few more troops but I probably should have just kept us in the center, as I and I think a few others got our heads blown off after sticking them into the orchard.

Cholo - Cawp

We were due to all camp on the 2nd floor, but my manly heart couldn't stomach it, so I went to hang out on the balcony with the sandbags. I got to see the rockers before everyone else, and also get shot by them first - although I did manage to shotgun someone (Ice?) in the face as he peeked over a wall, as I died. :P

Dabbo

Post by Dabbo »

Clergyman
OPFOR: Russian IFV Driver with Tired Hippo as my Gunner.

We positioned our IFV facing the church, with our engine off. Due to my very limited visibility as a Driver (think man trapped in a Brittish post box, looking out) and the engine starting up whenever the gunner moved the turret. I figured it would be wise to have Tired Hippo jump out and scan directions on foot with the intention of jumping in when the action started or if he spotted any contacts.

Alpha 2 spotted the enemy, rather covertly, as they ran past them. The IFV was ordered to approach Alpha 2's position and provided assistance. Unfortunately, under my direction, I think I instructed Tired Hippo to attack Alpha 2's position and may have committed some friendly fire! :/

Anyway, it was too dark and foggy for me to spot anything. Then I heard Daf shouting at me (IFV), I wasn't sure that Daf was friendly, so after quickly checking Team Speak, I realised he was an enemy trying to distract me - although I couldn't see anything. I just drove randomly to try and run him over - then the enemy IFV spotted us and opened up and killed us.

Arrival SE
BLUFOR: Alpha 1 Team Member
-- SuperU
-- Tired Hippo
-- Issus
-- Dabbo

This is the 2nd time I have played this mission and both have been successful. Started the mission, with very little action pointing in our direction. We ran South of the runway and watched the hills.

SuperU did an excellent job of FTLing, much to be learnt from this man! We were unstoppable, we took a technical at one point and I think we killed at least 90% of the AI on the map :D

Oh and I found it highly amusing to hear SuperU's method of checking if a friendly is KIA or not...

(Mostly audio as I was scanning the horizon at the time and didn't see it.)

That's about it for my report. Good session, as always!

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Dabbo wrote:
Arrival SE
BLUFOR: Alpha 1 Team Member
-- SuperU
-- Tired Hippo
-- Issus
-- Dabbo

This is the 2nd time I have played this mission and both have been successful. Started the mission, with very little action pointing in our direction. We ran South of the runway and watched the hills.

SuperU did an excellent job of FTLing, much to be learnt from this man! We were unstoppable, we took a technical at one point and I think we killed at least 90% of the AI on the map :D

Oh and I found it highly amusing to hear SuperU's method of checking if a friendly is KIA or not...

(Mostly audio as I was scanning the horizon at the time and didn't see it.)

That's about it for my report. Good session, as always!
haha thanks for the complement! Did you manage to capture anymore footage from this mission, I would be quite interested to play some of it back!

I also wish to pass a motion in which I am armed with an MP5A5 for all missions!

Dabbo

Post by Dabbo »

Yeah. I have the whole mission on disk still, just need to upload it up to YouTube tonight, I'll paste a link tomorrow when it's done :)

Edit:
Full unedited version: