fer

[Sun] 19 May 2013 (Methodicalism)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Swept SE
  • Cacheola
  • UNnecessaryViolence
  • Foxhound
Yet another excellent turn-out, for a long, long session: 56 comrades was our peak playercount, with 33 slotting for the last official mission over 3 hours later. Again, this is a great show by all Party members - the hosts thank you for your dedication and willingness to die for the revolution.

We kicked-off with an asymmetric play-through of Swept SE, with the majority of players attempting to smash through the AI blocking force as a small contingent of enemy humans swept up from the LZs. Cacheola saw the thick-end of BLUFOR platoon make rapid - and deadly - work of sweeping the district for caches and eliminating 20-odd insurgent fighters. UNnecessary Violence was completed by a full infantry platoon, accompanied by two IFVs, comrade CO Wafflynumber taking the eastern route to glory. And back again. Finally, comrade CO Kale led a methodical and eventually successful sweep of a greenzone in Foxhound.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

Nimrod

Re: [Sun] 19 May 2013 (Methodicalism)

Post by Nimrod »

Swept SE
Alpha 2 AAR.

This one got messy.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

All of your meowing made my cat go crazy (no pussy jokes please.)

Swept SE: IndFor - Bravo 1 AR. I didn't see much action, but towards the end it was only Issus and I left in Bravo. We met up, just moments before I ran out and was instantly gunned down.

Cacheola: BluFor - Alpha 1 FTL. Dannysaysnoo caught a fireteam out in the open and ruined their day, with me mopping up (he deserved the kills.) I feel slightly guilty that they didn't have any NVGs. Later on we took an RPG square in the windshield and all survived. I hope it wasn't too boring for TerminalBoy, who was driving most of the time.

(my VON didn't record.)

UNnecessaryViolence: Bravo 3 AT. The fog was very atmospheric (and I guess it means that the ARs and IFVs don't get all of the fun), but it never really felt too dangerous. I put two RPG rounds into a T-55 and it didn't care, then wasted my last shot in a bout of premature victory fire. Then I shot a man just as he was surrendering after getting out of his BTR. UNlucky.

Foxhound: OpFor - Charlie 2 AR. I was paranoid enough to keep calling out friendly contacts. I don't think I saw a single enemy. IceRaiser and I were pinned by friendly fire (couldn't cross) and it saved our lives as Draith and Black Mamba ran into a compound rigged with IEDs.

Grozovy Pass: Engineer (Testing.) I ended up in the tank's commander seat, but didn't really know if you wanted me to command it (I could hardly hear anyone, even with effects low and VON max.) We had a risky skirmish with another tank, and something else (some kind of static defense?). None of the infantry really got any shots off on us, and we dominated them. I wonder how it would work with a larger player count.

Rosswand

Post by Rosswand »

Crocuta wrote:Later on we took an RPG square in the windshield and all survived.
Thanks for the video. Firing that RPG made me an instant target for most of BluFor, so I didn't get to see what the immediate aftermath was. Looks like I was a bit short though.

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Crocuta wrote:Cacheola: BluFor - Alpha 1 FTL. Dannysaysnoo caught a fireteam out in the open and ruined their day, with me mopping up (he deserved the kills.) I feel slightly guilty that they didn't have any NVGs. Later on we took an RPG square in the windshield and all survived. I hope it wasn't too boring for TerminalBoy, who was driving most of the time.
That was me you spotted and got the Humvee to shoot at 0:50... :owned:

I was sent to see if any of Charlie survived. I see their dead bodies in your video!
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Apparently I really like saying "Copy that". :D

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

Dogface wrote:Apparently I really like saying "Copy that". :D
One of life's little pleasures! :D
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

These past 2 sessions have made me wonder how the hell I missed a months worth recently. Can't beat them!

Swept SE
Independent Bravo SL with Issus as my medic

Issus had his hands full in this one, Bravo were reduced to about 5/6 strong early on. We were the support element tasked to reinforce Alpha pushing forward and Charlie protecting our rear. Trouble is we had contacts from both sides meaning our role was very mixed and my ability to actually give firm orders to my FTLs was difficult. Eventually we were tasked to move up with Alpha who became bogged down at one of our waypoints so I just ordered Bravo to charge, we made it into town, I took a bullet to the face from god knows where and 2 minutes later only my medic and Crocuta were left alive from Bravo. Pretty much ended here after Kale made a last ditched attempt to escape.

Probably one of the most enjoyable runs of this missions I've played, in the past it's been an even split of OpFor and IndFor and the removal of the objective to push through the blocking force. In the past this meant having to wait for OpFor to advance whilst being harassed sporadically from behind by the AI. With it this way the action was a lot more constant and less waiting around in buildings (for IND).

Cacheola
BluFor B1 AR under Tigershark with Mamba and Nimrod.

Really enjoyed this one, we swept Zargabad pretty efficiently. Advancing on the Mosque early on, capturing it and using it to push on from there, We were tasked as more a distraction to the enemy whilst Alpha swept for the caches. I eventually died after opening fire on an EI down the road with my FTL (Tiger) in front of me which was distracting, he moved out of my line of fire I'm sorry to say guys, I took the enemy as he took me too!

UNnecessaryViolence
IFV1 - 'Gong-1' Gunner with awaitz as driver.

Me and awaitz became worried early on as we had been together on this in the JO as MAT and did basically nothing, and with the fog on this one we became worried a repeat could be on the cards but we survived until the end and did our job well enough in support of the infantry. We didn't shoot a whole lot but we made a lot of noise covering the infantry retreat and awaitz had some fun knocking down walls as we got into Zargabad to avoid the road blocks but the fog really didn't make this the most enjoyable of missions unfortunately!

Rosswand

Post by Rosswand »

Swept SE
Indy Bravo 1 AT - Despite Bravo apparently being the middle element of the caterpillar, we seemed to be under fire right from the start. I barely moved and got shot while trying to spy through the trees with the binos I had scavenged off my FTLs body.

Cacheola
Indy Bravo AT - Bravo headed to cover the two caches to the south. We setup with views of the road around the area, and sat still listening to the worried chatter from everyone else. Following the screams of Charlies demise our FTL headed over to try and save some but ended up getting killed as well. I did manage to fire off my RPG and disable one of the HMMWVs, but this made me an instant target for BluFor and I died shortly after.

UNnecessaryViolence
Indy Bravo 2 FTL - Indy Bravo again! Decided it was time for my FTL of the evening. We moved under some excellent command from BSL (sorry, forgot to write down the name), with our main difficulties early on being finding enough cover on western flank that we were covering. I started off my usual, quiet self, but as the mission progressed I became more and more chatty, passing info to BSL. My FT was working largely as two separate units, providing cover for each other as necessary. We also managed to secure a number of rooftops to help cover the rest of Bravos advance. Other than one man being ambushed on a rooftop we didn't take much fire until the objective was complete, at which point we engaged several EI west of the positions we had sat in. When the order came to exfil we headed out the way we came. There was a slight confusion when BSL was killed, and later acting-BSL (Bravo 1 FTL), about who was the new BSL. I'm never prepared for field promotions, so if this was meant to be me I missed out but someone else took charge. In the end Bravo 2 survived with all members intact!

Foxhound
Indy Team Reddog (Medic) - Aiming for a different experience I joined the small Indy team. As if expecting the long wait for any action, Lord Penney went immediately crazy and informed us all that he would be a pirate for the mission, thus setting the tone for the rest of the chatter. I didn't do anything this mission other than wait in a building for the approaching enemy, then laid down a bit of suppression before being shot.

Dabbo

Post by Dabbo »

I missed the first mission due to arriving on the server late, looked interesting tho.

Cacheola
BLUFOR: Bravo 3 Fire Team Leader
-- Dabbo
-- INinja132
-- VidMasta27
-- Per

This was a pretty organised and good mission to play. We started off with some confusion on deciding what Hummer was ours at spawn, eventually we nabbed one and set off to catch up with Alpha. It was a nice ride into town to be fair, nice clear night. Alpha moved into it's first marker whilst we held to wait for them to clear their area. Once cleared, we moved past them and attempted to secure our marker - we soon came under fire.

My awesome fire team provided rear support most of the time, until near the end, when I was tasked to take one of the caches by ourselves. We bailed out of the Hummer once we started taking fire, I got shot to pieces whilst crouching out in the open.

UNnecessaryViolence
BLUFOR: Chalrie 3 Fire Team Leader
-- Dabbo
-- Terminal_Boy
-- Issus
-- Pickers

Now, I didn't shoot much in this mission and I don't really care because I had the most fun in this mission. This is exactly what I was looking for in these Arma sessions. Yes, it's nice to get a kill once in a while, but watching a bunch of people get organised, seeing lots of friendlies all do their own thing as we move through a field, watching engagements, lots of chaos and then getting back home safe was bloody awesome!

I'm going to call my team, "Awesome Team", it was wonderful to watch these guys take position with little communication from me other than "Get in that building, watch south" and they did so, probably the reason all 4 of us returned home safe :)

There wasn't any key highlights for me other than working with my team, the moments of banter and kicking ass in the mission.

FoxHound
INDFOR: le Murderous IED basterd.
-- SuperU
-- Rosswand
-- Lord Penney (AKA ThePirate)
-- Dan
-- INinja132
-- Dabbo

I started to run with SuperU to gather a better weapon than the Enfield we spawned with, except the cache that SuperU was looking for wasn't there. So, plan B, I decided to set up some positions on my map (marked in Pink in the following video) where I would place my 4 satchel charges (IEDs). I tried to guess where they would take cover as they approached our position.

I took up position in a shed, watching one of the satchel markers, and waited... and waited... and waited, until eventually, Draith ran past my line of sights... click, BOOOOOM! Turned out I also took down Black Mamba too in one of the blasts.

IED BOMBAARRGH!

I got nailed shortly afterwards in a hail of GPs and machine gun fire.

I was, the dirty little IED basterd.
:laugh: