[Tue] 21 May 2013 (Lots and lots of death)

How we died
IceRaiser

[Tue] 21 May 2013 (Lots and lots of death)

Post by IceRaiser »

Missions:
  • Persona Non Grata - Bodge lead three squads forward to victory, the mission taking over an hour :o
  • Whitewash - BRDM North! ZU East! OH GO- :psyboom:
  • Sakheola - Cam VS daf - This one was dark. Indies held out best they could but BluFor finally managed to get one cache with one minute to go!
  • The Generals - Dogface VS Slawterer. Slawterer was shot by his own men while Dogface was protected by his loyal bodyguards. BluFor victory!
  • The Colonels - SuperÜ managed to rush the Pavilion and hold it.

A big thank you to EVERYONE for keeping their calm when I messed up some slotting and the missions dragging on a bit too long. New Host is New :cop:
Aaanyways, we hit 43 players! Thanks for coming along :hist101:

Ferrard Carson

Re: [Tue] 21 May 2013 (Lots and lots of death)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

I hear that my mission has achieved a new record for "Least time elapsed between 'mission-start' and 'Terrible, terrible death of everyone involved'"? Well, that's what ya get for saying a mission is too easy! :fry:

I kid, I kid. Seriously, sorry for that - I seemed to have underestimated both how quickly the vehicles would be on you and how much time would be needed for the convoy to clear out of the starting area.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Persona Non Grata - Alpha SL

This mission was loads of fun to SL! We were tasked with taking out some enemy emplacements on a hill and in a nearby town, advancing along a shallow valley on foot. Bravo and Charlie took to the slopes, while Alpha pushed along the valley floor. Evidently the workshops have been paying off because Alpha's tactical movements were super tight! After arranging the FTs in a wedge, we started advancing from cover to cover, with alternating FTs providing Base of Fire while the others advanced. Despite the relative complication of these maneuvers, it all went down quickly and efficiently with no trouble. Fire discipline was great with the squad holding fire until the enemies were in effective range, then blasting away at the same time and taking them down quickly. When some enemy armour started careering down the road towards us, our RPG dudes had it blown up before it could speed past us.

After advancing down the road, across covered and open areas, we eventually reached the hilltop emplacement and holed up in a large rock formation nearby. Although we'd taken some casualties at this point, we still executed a nice fix-and-move and cleared out the area, then used the static DShKs to take out a circling helo and a few stray enemies. Eventually the other squads caught up and we supported their push on a town just to the east, clearing out an enemy mortar position and turning the launcher on another hilltop camp in the distance. Boom! After that it was a somewhat dangerous but well-executed town sweep, and we took the victory. Great work from everyone in the squad!

Whitewash

We got immediately bushwhacked by some enemy armour and wiped out, haha. By the way, I don't mean to keep harping on this issue, but this was another mission with very slow performance, and I know other people were saying the same thing. All the other missions ran fine. I like ambitious missions and all, but it's not that much fun to play below a certain framerate. So that's what I have to say about that.

Sakheola - BLUFOR B1 FTL

Daaaaaark! Despite Phoenix's misgivings and the distinctly non-flat LZs, he did a bang-up job as a chinook pilot, landing Alpha to the south-west of the AO and Bravo to the south-east. I forget who was SLing but he bounded us safely and methodically across the hills until we were lined up on a ridgeline facing some suspicious buildings surrounded by car headlights. Sure enough, after a little while observing we saw movement inside one of the two-story ones, and lined up our sights on it. After a while waiting for Alpha to get into position for a simultaneous assault, watching the Indies inside peering out nervously into the blackness, we opened fire on them for a good 10-15 seconds with GPS, MGs and rifles. Unfortunately this was probably a bit too long as the enemy were able to lock onto our muzzle flashes and start shelling us with GPs. As the survivors tried to heal the wounded, they were wiped out as well, reducing Bravo to 2 men! However, Alpha seems to have conducted themselves well and eventually carried the win.

The Generals - BLUFOR general

I instituted my tried and tested RUSH TECHNIQUE which involved pelting our way to the train station at top speed, splitting Alpha and Bravo onto either side of the tracks to cover the train station before advancing directly on it. Once we were set up to observe the trainyard, Alpha led by Bodge quickly and brutally took out some "suspicious"-looking civilians in a coordinated volley of fire, before shuttling me with great hustle into the station, thus starting the countdown timer to victory. All my lads rallied staunchly around me as I cowered in a corner, leaving the place bristling with guns. The enemy started pelting us with auto fire, but we resisted, and I even got to riddle Daf with bullets as he rudely barged into our room without a formal invitation. After a while, the enemy general's failure caused his troops to pull a coup, causing us to win the moral (and actual) victory. :3

The Colonels - Random AT soldier

We ran, I got shot, I crawled, I got healed, I tried to blow up a building, I got killed. Bravo to the other team for getting to the pavilion so fast!

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

This was a session where I was mostly spectating. I was running on about 28 hours of being awake when the session started, I was quite the bullet magnet and not even safe from sabotage by cats. :| I rest my head for the next session.

Persona Non Grata
Bravo Medic

Started out pretty good and I got a few kills as I suprised 2 riflemen on a small hilltop right outside the first town. However, once we started moving down the valley I got insta killed by some super1337sn1per while I was moving towards BL CrazySKB.

Whitewash
Alpha AR aka Gunner
CrazySKB aka Driver

A carson mission! It started out with some confusion of who was where but we set up right in the start of the tarmac road. Appearently somebody couldnt wait to shoot and already had raced towards the enemy, wich in term unleashed theyr rage of BMP´s and what not was hiding in the area. As we waited we saw them backing up the road while being battered by enemy fire. I turned my turret towards the road and I was hit and injured in my turret. A few seconds of panic by everyone was followed by the convoy being scattered and ambushed. I fell out of my turret and was actually shot to death while falling.
I am not sure if it was the head start of the first SUV or a trigger failure that caused our demise but as far as perfomance goes it was rather slow. The idea of a threesome between PMC, locals and Blufor was rather interresting but I didnt expect the local farmers to have IFV´s :lol:

Sakheola
Bravo 2 FTL

The mission seemed unbalanced at first, but was actually really well made. Blufor with NVG´s and the Indies with fires and cars made the game a bit like cat and mouse. We started in a valley called LZ Banana and support moved all the way to a ridge right outside the village. Movement was spotted and a plan was devised to storm the house with Bravo 2 when Alpha was in position. Sadly we got attacked ourselves and we opened fire towards the house.
I got hit and then hit again, third time to die quickly :siiigh: and I could watch as bravo was hammered, especially by Cam who had a perfect spot after getting himself lost it seems. Alpha was moving carefully down the valley and eventually managed to take out a cache.

The Generals
OPFOR Alpha 1 FTL

Run n Gun as we arrived into the city. After being sabotaged by my cat who turned off my mic, I managed to waste 2 GL grenades on a sign and wound 2 guys who where caught next to a small hut of sorts. Mission failed, Blufor general had run away with the train.

The Colonels
INDFOR Alpha (?) AR

We moved up very close to the pavilion and got slapped by the enemy hiding out in that position. Two men where wounded and with only bushes for cover I laid down some covering fire on the compound as my fellow squadmate was healing our men. We where still arguing with the enemy when the mission ended.

SuperU´s Doctor Who Impression
Blufor Alpha 1 AT

A test of Supers mission wich involved a threesome between russians, UN and BAF who where interrested in a doctor and his super sexy assistant. I killed 2 russians in Too close for comfort combat but was raped from behind by a UN AR gunner. UN win as the OPFOR had been handicaped slightly by ending triggers :lol:
Operation Red Hammer - A dynamic, storydriven, COOP campaign
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=919

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Persona Non Grata - Alpha 2 AAR
Slawterer FTL
Nitram AR
Greyeric AT

Some nice FT and Squad bounding a covering to begin with as we moved down the road. Picked off a few silly EI that decided to wander down towards us. Alpha 2 made it to a large formation of rocks near to the FOB we were to clear, I took cover on the opposite side of a big rock to the rest of my FT and I'm glad I did. Without any warning everyone but me was dead without much of an explanation. Heli fire perhaps? Feeling invigorated from my sudden advancement to FTL I charged up the hill and helped clear the bunkers, picking off a few retreating AI that were legging it away from Charlie. I patched up ASL off the DShK with Ice saying "moon moon to the rescue" over TS. Deciding to be useful I jumped on the DShK and engaged the next bunker we were heading for, somehow not killing the guy standing next to it despite my accurate fire. I was finally hit moving into the next town after clearing out the mortar position, alone and bleeding I called moon moon down and marked my position on the map, this caused Rosswand the Charlie medic to magically appear and patch me up, I'll have to remember this magic trick for next time! All in all a really good mission, 10 kills at the end despite loosing everyone else in the FT to something..

Whitewash - Alpha 2 AR
Nitram FTL
Dabbo AAR
Tigershark AT

Spawned in the SUV, looked around at the people in the car, tried to get the attention of Nitram as we were not moving. Spotted a ZU-23 raping everyone from the rear, ejected and shot the gunner, mission ended. :psyduck:

Sakheola - Bluefor Alpha 2 Grenadier
Nitram FTL
Adio AR
Rosswand AAR

Praying to the helicopter gods to land safely with my legs intact worked mostly this time. Took position on the hill and tried to get used to the flickering of the fires down in town. We moved out to get south of the town before sweeping in and clearing buildings. We needed a bit more coordination between A1 and A2 for this one as I nearly shot tiredhippo twice as he was coming down from an upper floor in a building we were clearing. All of Alpha got held up by one stubborn enemy on the top floor of a building. Grenades didn't do anything and after about ten minutes of sitting we moved out to clear yet more buildings. With the call of 12 minutes to go Daf ordered us to run to an enemy placed marker skipping several of the potential caches, feeling my impending death I did my best to shoot the annoying enemy that had been launching flares into the air but I missed with my 203 and was shot in my exposed noggin.. :psyboom:

The Generals - Bluefor Alpha 2 FTL
Steven AR
Aido AAR
Rosswand AT

I was volunteered to FTL by IceRaiser for this one. Tasked with providing covering to the rest of Bluefor that ran into the train station we moved up to the staging marker to see unarmed civilians milling around on the road. Reporting this to Bodge I was ordered to murder them, being the good war-criminal I am I relayed the order to the rest of the FT and we murderized those civilians. With enemy fire coming down from beyond the fire station and with no visual on them we moved out to try and get eyes on. I lost a man on the bounding and had to pause to patch up Rosswand, so you did get a guy Mojo but I hope the two 203s I fired in your direction gave you something to think about. With poor cover to the south an no way into the fires station thanks to that bloody fence I popped smoke and we made a dash for the only gap in the fence I could see on the north side. I lost the rest of the FT to that fence and was in a murderous blood rage when I got to the door of the fire station. Finding a wounded Opfor inside I shot him in the head before moving into the tower and killing another two. Once up the top of the tower I could see an enemy FT moving around the outside of the train station and dropped a few of them, seeing movement to the west through the gap between the supermarket and the pub I shot a guy wounding him before letting him writhe in agony for a moment before ending his suffering. Revenge moon moon was doing well when the mission ended. Sorry Alpha 2 for getting you all killed but I avenged you all! :clint:

The Colonels - Opfor Alpha Medic

Didn't really do anything in this mission, I patched up Aqarius who'd been bitten by a wall and that was it really.
ramming speed!

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Damn Moon, sounds like you claimed a pretty high bodycount this session. :D That's what we like to see!

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Missed the first one as always. Tried to pass my time playing geoguessr, but it kept dumping me into the Outback.

Whitewash
INDFOR C1 RAT
Ever been shot by a ZU from 5m away? I have. Any closer, he would've conked me with the muzzle.

Sakheola
INDFOR B2 FTL
Basically... B2 was told to position on the big hill right next to the town. I had to check my map to find them. Nearly walked off a cliff five times. We spent the rest of the mission staring at patches of light in the complete pitch black that was our universe. Occasionally, the light patch was a minigun randomly spraying what I assume was the ground, but was unable to visually verify. Soon enough, alpha was gone, and BLUFOR was coming for us. (Not nearly soon enough) they finally got within visualweapons range, people started shooting and I launched away the flares I (just figured out I) had. Flares gone, I fired what was left of my GPs, and was about to start randomly shooting the night when the mission ended.

The Generals
BLUFOR A2 RAT
Basically... I got killed by MG fire in a dash turned flank turned completely inconsequential, by the end.

The Colonels
INDFOR A2 RAT
Same as the generals, except the walls started biting me again. I retaliated by blowing the station up. Showed them :jihad:

The doctor mission
OPFOR A2 FTL
Apart from the bugged end, looks very interesting. Nice location, as well. Also, can Arma briefings render cyrilic? The point is kinda lost otherwise.
[/allegedly]

slawterer

Post by slawterer »

Aqarius wrote: Sakheola
INDFOR B2 FTL
Basically...
I love that analogy. It's brilliant. I apologize for ordering you to stumble around in the dark, but if it's any consolation stumbling around in the "light" wasn't much fun either. Then I got shot.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Aqarius wrote:Missed the first one as always. Tried to pass my time playing geoguessr, but it kept dumping me into the Outback.
The doctor mission
OPFOR A2 FTL
Apart from the bugged end, looks very interesting. Nice location, as well. Also, can Arma briefings render cyrilic? The point is kinda lost otherwise.
You could read the breifing? I converted the Cyrillic into Latin characters :p

nitram

Post by nitram »

dancemoox wrote:tried to get the attention of Nitram as we were not moving
Our driver wasn't responding. I think it was the onset of BMP-induced PTSD.