[Tue] 04 Jun 2013 (Engineer Grenadier)

How we died
SuperU

[Tue] 04 Jun 2013 (Engineer Grenadier)

Post by SuperU »

Nice player count of about 40 brave comerades, nice!

Missions:
  • proposition
  • milkrun
  • Creeping Crumpets
  • Grozovoy pass (probably not the right spelling!
    After Party
  • Generals
We started with the proposition of some action, we were not disappointed! Then two sides clash during a milkrun with ambassador wafflynumber and some AA rockets being re purposed into atgm missiles! From here we had some very high paced (and dare I say it, spec ops) action in creeping crumpets although kale did get lost whilst reading his dictionary!. Moving onto grozovy pass where we came we saw and we died. After all of this General SuperÜ and General Antler clash in a battle for the train station, however the signature "formation meatshield " from super have them then winning edge!

Thanks for coming guys was a really fun session, please post a brief (or long!) AAR, we also love to see video and screenshots of some interesting moments! If you have a video that you think should be featured on our FA you tube channel let us know and we will sort it!

We also like to see some feedback in the AAR threads (just keep it levelheaded and civil!)

Thoughts and reports below.

dancemoox

Re: [Tue] 04 Jun 2013 (Engineer Grenadier)

Post by dancemoox »

Aloshy Comrades!

Proposition - Bravo 1 AT
Rosswand FTL
Pr3sario AR
Dabbo AAR

Some nice FT movement and clearing to start the session. We cleared a bunker and some compounds and slowly got closer to the town. Did some more building clearance sticking with Bravo 1 Glorious leader Rosswand. I went into rescue mode when he was struck by a stray round from the Charlie side of the valley, with him patched up and seen to by two medics we moved on to clear more buildings. I secure the left side of the tiny single story shack and looked for more enemies to crest the small ridges in the forest. Rosswand entered the building and was killed by some gold AK toating evil dude that was hiding on the floor like the craven he was.. With the dude riddeled with bullets I prayed with the rest of the FT for a moment before swapping out my M4A1 for something with a tube on the underside that throws things that go woosh bang - I'm really glad I did! We didn't move far from Rosswands grave, only another 50 or so meters before being told to hold. I took up a position on the far left and took out an enemy FT out for a morning walk. Then another and then a few more dudes wandered towards us.. Each wave of hapless EI was greeted with a 203, some actually going where I intended them to go! Waiting for B2 to meet up with us Bravo started taking casualties, I tended to a few starting with our medic and was doing my best to keep people alive when I took a round to my head and died instantly. End of mission revealed 7 EI commuters murdered.

Milkrun - Bluefor Bravo 1 AAR / HUMVEE 1 Driver
Pr3sario FTL
Nitram AR
Rossawnd AT

Bravo was supplied with two unarmed humvees and two ATVs for this mission. BSL and B Medic took the ATVs and B1 split between the other two Humvees so we could pick up the ambassador and his staff at the crash site, before extracting to the meeting point and being badass Bravo dudes - well that was the plan..

We moved out and got ourselves to the B stage marker without too much of an incident, being a holder of a Takistan driving licence I knew of the dangerous and savage local rocks and bushes that ambush unwary vehicles as the traverse the harsh landscape. Once we made it to the B marker we got out, spotted Opfor technicals and watched as Alpha with the gunned technicals blew them away. We moved down the hill a little with the intention of assaulting the compound / oil well but turned around the worlds steepest hill and got back into our lovely HUMVEEs. With new orders to drive and flank the now very smoky & dead remains of the technical I drove my speed demon with Nitram holding on in the passenger seat and we soon took up positions and assaulted / cleared the area. This is when Alpha's treachery and thievery revealed itself! When we returned to get our vehicles Alpha had stolen one of them and ignored our threats of violence unless they got out our lovely lovely HUMVEE.. So began running simulator 2013 Scorched Lands DLC - I was able to locate the abandoned Medic ATV but couldn't get it going due to Arma activating super gravity.. All of Bravo except for BSL got into the remaining HUMVEE and started back towards the base, eventually I found BSL ATV and had to steal it back from IceRaiser, I'm unsure if he was unwilling to give it up to it's rightful Bravo owner or if he just wanted to hug me on the back of a quad bike.. With BSL rescued from the never ending sands we drove to catch up with the rest of Bravo. They in the meantime had a collision with one of the dangerous biting rocks and had done a 180 rotation buggering of the front wheels. Sadly getting off the ATV I ran back with Bravo to base discussing the mountains, running simulators and we weighed the odds that Alpha had stolen the rest of the vehicles back at base.. Starting a surplus store after the war guys?

Eventually we got back to base, Nitram and BSL took off in the 'distraction heli' and Rosswand, his kidnapper who wasn't in Bravo, myself and Pr3sario set off towards the meeting place when the mission ended.. I will find the things you love Alpha and take them from you! I swear it by almighty Zoidberg! :zoidberg:

Creeping Crumpets - Bluefor Alpha 1 FTL
Tired Hippo AR
Issus AAR
Tink AR

Tink revealed it was he that stole all our contraband in our good HUMVEE in the last mission, I was tempted to execute him on the spot but had to look at map markers so he was spared. Once we got into position after more running (this time in woods for a change) we were tasked with moving east and clearing some woods, spotting a container and then taking rounds to the south made us fall back into trees just north of the container. Splitting my FT into two groups I sent two to try and flank south of the enemy whilst causing a distraction with 203 rounds / setting a satchel on the container. With the contact gone we retreated for the 'big badda boom' and that was one container down. Quick movement to RV point two on the way to the second container. South of ASL we moved up to the RV point and I was able to provide some spotty smoke cover as ASL patched up A medic, I had two guys wounded from the south but was able to murder two guys hiding in the tree, unless I got one at the previous container.. With A3 needing support I and another FT member dashed towards the barn, past an unmanned HMG that didn't say unmanned for long..

Grozovoy Pass - Engineer Leader
Issus as my able assistant

I played this mission a few weeks back as a tester, we got further in the test session.. Claiming a rearm truck wheeled explosive death waggon of doom for the mighty engineers we held back behind the tank and had time to discuss the following; why Issus was sitting so close to me and the wider insight into his unknown desires that may reveal. How bullet resistant the windscreen may or maynot be and finally why we took an atomic bomb on wheels rather than the other nice array of vehicles we could have chosen. With the tank moving forward we kept the same snails pace with it and Issus was on his way to repair it from its sudden second AT hit when it blew up.. There was me thinking it was us that'd go up in a massive fireball!

After Party Generals - Bluefor Alpha 1 AT
Dogface FTL
Garvet AAR
Pr3sario AR

I really enjoyed this mission last time, can't say my fireteam did however as they all died so I could avenge them.. Once in mission I was running before Dogface gave the order, when we stopped at north of the road buildings looking at the train station we spotted movement east and we lit them up. Dogface went down and it's good I went for him dragging him back to safety as we'd both probably have died from the rocket that hit our former position. Cracking out Operation Ninja flank we went north then east a little and finally were at that the back of the fire station. Pr3sario went up on the roof and got wounded by Alpha I believe, I requested and was granted permission to fire big badass rocket at the train station and then went to try and rescue Pr3sario. He was shot again and killed before I could get to him. I died trying to rejoin Dogface next to the train station.
ramming speed!

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I thought most people agreed to what the title of this weeks session should be :clint:

Anyway, a one game only session for me as I have been quite a busy person lately.

Proposition
Alpha 2 FTL
AR - Tigershark
AAR - Pedro
AT - Kalelovil

Started with some climbing of hills as distant gunfire broke out just a few minutes after we started out. We set up on our designated positions and saw an antsnest worth of AI wandering about. Thankfully gunfire broke out and we managed to dispatch a lot of them before anyone decided to die. AI reinforcements quickly came flooding over a ridge just NW of us and Tigershark greeted them by quite a few bullets. As the valley died out of enemies we where told to hold position and provide protection for the MMG team, incredibly nobody had died during the initial firefight. This improved my statistics from my last session with 100%, sadly it did not last very long.
We moved up together with the MMG team towards A1 and ASL who found themselves sitting right infront of a enemy bunker with accompanied EI. Someone prematurely shot a bullet wich slightly angered the EI and in turn got them all killed aswell. Fighting our way to the nearby rocks, A1 cleared the bunker while my squad got in positions nearby. Tigershark took a bullet to the knee but managed to crawl to safety for some bandages. The ensuing firefight saw Pedro being toasted by a launched grenade and the rest of us taking sporadic AA fire. Some rocks provided cover until the EI flanked us and where closing in on us. I got wounded and the medic seemed that he had forgotten something as he decided to run away, leaving me bleeding on the floor. As he came back and patched me up my squad was wiped out in a very short succession. After the SQL lost his legs twice we decided to run for the town. I ended up behind a wall that was close to Bravo who had just gotten one of theyr men wounded. They did patch him up and we all ran towards the town.
I was in a bad spot as a MG had direct field of fire from the mosque and opened up on me. Dolphin dive saved me as I only got hit a few times and could somehow crawl to a metal fence after taking some rather heavy projectiles to the face. A quick patchup and everyone rushed into the mosque as we where ordered to do so. Brave fighting ensued and we somehow won the mission! 7 kills is a new record for me. :)

It was a long round, or atleast it felt that way. Some mic problems caused quite a bit of noise during combat but having a experienced team helped with reducing the EI number. Near the mosque my framerate almost commited suicide, especially once we got inside. Not sure what was nearby as I tend to have issues only with vehicles and very dense cities.

After dinner I watched the Milkrun take place. A long round with a lot of ground to cover caused some people to loose theyr patience and me to loose my time, ending the session. It was fun watching shark and some other bloke get a bit private like in folkback mountain, that might explain why he got a bit silent afterwards. :psyboom:

Mojo out.
Operation Red Hammer - A dynamic, storydriven, COOP campaign
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=919

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Proposition
BLUFOR C2 FTL

This mission went exceptionally well for Charlie, I can say that our teamwork with Toppo (our SL) went very, very well. It wasn't like: ''You go there and that's it'', we worked our way trough the hills like we were equal, I had a say in what is our next move and where should it be. Of course Toppo gave the orders, but I just fine-tuned them, so to speak. :D
Anyway long story short, C2 fireteam got 2 of it's members in the top 10, even though Sek had to go mid-session.

Milkrun
CIVILIAN Bodyguard

First of all, I just want to say that we could see anyone on the map, BLU and OPF. We started this mission by running west to a small village and spent the duration of it giving Tigershark clues where we may or may not be. As a civilian there was no briefing for us so I don't know what we were supposed to do and why did we have comms with BLUFOR. We could just said Tiger the coordinates of where we were and he would pick us up, deliver us by going way off-road (like we did it when we played) and mission done! No OPFOR spotted along the way and they sure as hell must have had a very boring time.
This mission feels like it can only work with ACRE, whoever gets there first will manage to establish a contact and if OPF get's there first, maybe they need to extract him to their own safe house?

Creeping Crumpets
INDFOR A1 AAR

I started this mission by aligning a PK technical in the woods nearby, just in case something happens. After that we were told that we can take up positions where we see fit. So I ran away from A1 and more towards A2 because there was a stronghold nearby, in that stronghold I disassembled a DShKM and set it up in nearby courtyard, after a while and some contact reports I decided to relocate in a small guardhouse like this:
http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/uploads/ ... 1_orig.jpg
After a while I saw a few BLUFOR running around, but they were a bit to far to effectively engage, but moments later they were running right into my kill zone, needless to say they were promptly discarded from this world, after feeling that my position would be a bit too hot right now, I tried to relocate,but there was another BLUFOR sneaking around the corner of a house 100m away, so he was sent to another world also so I was continuing to run away from my previous position while I saw another dude in the bushes were my DShKM sector was, so I promptly shot him also, but I couldn't find another suitable spot because the mission was called.
In the end I got 4 kills and 2 of them (Tink and Issus) were from your team Moon Moon.
And a spot in the very top. :laugh:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

pfig

Post by pfig »

I was PA for the automatic rifleman (sorry, Tigershark!) in my second Folk ARPS outing, which went swimmingly until I decided to leave the comfort of my rock to take a peek at the bunker in proposition. As it turns out, the other side were using live ammunition and there were no health packs lying around.

Unfortunately I didn't know there would be more than one scenario, and when I recovered from being hit in the face with an exploding grenade I was alone in a base, a bit like in DayZ but without the zombies.

I believe I dispatched at least 1 bad guy, and maybe even a BLUFOR operative, which was a pretty good result, all things considered.

Thank you everyone, I had a great (if short) time, can't wait for the next mission.

Pedro

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I avenged your death pedro. contrary to Mojo's AAR I saw you get shot by a guy peeking his head over some rocks. Not by grenade fire. But I shot him and stole pictures of his wife and daughter and gave them to daf for his......"educational purposes".

Also....manboobs...just saying...
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Also Folks....it seems Milk Run needs to be revisited. Just a reminder:
- To be fair this was designed for joint sessions with other clans back in the day when we didn't have the numbers we have today. It really is designed for the full 78 slots.
- It is old...like real old....pre ARPS days....so it needs to be revisited and things like the guards and ambassador seeing the whole map should not be there. But I should mention, respect to Waffly, Kefirz and Awaitz for not exploiting this and just telling us where you were. Well played gents.

Having said that...it never really got fully play tested to the max so comments on balancing are welcome....it's just tough to make those comments without playing it to the full scale it was designed for. ie...78 players.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.