[Sun] 09 Jun 2013 (Sniper? I 'ardly know 'er!)

How we died
Ferrard Carson

[Sun] 09 Jun 2013 (Sniper? I 'ardly know 'er!)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Missions:
  • Compound It
  • Buffet
  • Karavan
  • Cholo II
  • Dash
  • Fuel Raid
An ever-delightful 47 comrades delivered themselves unto my clutches! I nestled my command humvee into a forest, pet the twin PIVADS keeping it company, and called in the Third International Fighting Brigade of Takistan in the Name of Che Guevara! One deployment point. The 3 urals they came in cost more than them. Surely this is a sign of the terrifying efficiency of this most auspicious special forces unit!

The night's workshop consisted of some Infantry-Plus operations, in which two fire-teams of infantry did some movement practice against a teleporting PKM gunner, then conducted their bounding drills with the overwatch of two black hawk mini-guns! Lemme tell ya, those red tracers looked absolutely gorgeous!

The nights' festivities began with a run of CompoundIt! The bravest militia, waylaid by ArmA physics eviscerating Bravo's command staff, were set upon by British air cav, and proved unable to defend their northernmost cache. Fortunately, a IndFor machine-gunner took Draakon's head right off, and the single Chinook assigned to the operation became a smashing hit with the Takistani hills! A veritable Buffet was then laid out before Folk ARPS comrades, who neglected poor Rolfe the bus driver until he, in a fit of grumpitude, rolled the bus forward into the crossfire of two MGs and a few straggling infantrymen. Karavan was a rousing success for OpFor, having slaughtered all of the Independent martinets and having escaped aboard the chopper that didn't fly nose-first into a mountain-side, leaving no one who will be missed behind in the unfortunate little town of Sakhe! Cholo II saw some very strange and discombobulated command performances from both sides, as UNPROFOR dashed themselves to pieces against the impenetrable bulwark of Aziz's might! Except Aziz was shot while wiggling his ass on a ladder. The Police Chief managed to escape to his retirement (where a rogue satellite crashed down upon his head and ended his mercifully short period of utter boredom). In a much more rousing tale, Dash was completed (!?), with a glorious 7 whole comrades finding a SCUD launcher completely immobilized by its lack of fuel. They were ordered to find fuel, but IceRaiser just haaaaad to press that big red button, setting off the sirens in Moscow and Cheyenne Mountain. The world was immolated in thermonuclear fire as the remaining 7 comrades scavenged and murdered and raided their way across the countryside until they attempted to perform a Fuel Raid to fulfill their Company Commander's last will and testament. Emphasis on attempted. :jihad:

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by yours truly. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

IceRaiser

Re: [Sun] 09 June 2013 (Sniper? I 'ardly know 'er!)

Post by IceRaiser »

I am best AR

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

IceRaiser wrote:I am best AR
Fun fact: The L110A1 is really a piss-poor MMG disguised as an LMG / AR to fool the unsuspecting comrade - it's got the recoil and pipper-less crosshairs of an MMG without any of the range or power. Your crosshairs were right on target, but if you were using a SAW, you would've seen your true-aim pipper sailing far off to the upper right due to recoil.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

That's funny. I'd have said that Ice is a piss-poor shot.

Then again, that sounds wrong, doesn't it?

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Black Mamba wrote:That's funny. I'd have said that Ice is a piss-poor shot.
I have 1337-m9-sk1llz

Pickers

Post by Pickers »

And here is the view from Guus'

EBass

Post by EBass »

I love all the exclamations of confusion when everyone realises that Ice has somehow missed with about 40 rounds from his LMG.

Ferrard Carson

Re: [Sun] 09 Jun 2013 (Sniper? I 'ardly know 'er!)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Watch your step. The Bizon around here are not of the herding cow-like sort, but of the vicious, stealthy variety. They'll take down a Snipe(r) in half a second, flat.

~ Ferrard