Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Fulcrum
  • Forest Gateau
  • Beach Boys
  • Holy Stones
  • Halted
  • Cholo (after party)
The Party authorises the forum equivalent of victory fire! 60 comrades (including some new faces) turned out tonight, creating an epic session with new and terrifying missions (some of which we actually beat). New comrade Ginn even managed to record a livestream of his part in the session. The Party thanks all attending comrades!

The session began with comrade Ferrard Carson's newest adversarial, Fulcrum, in which a well-armed force of Russian troops fought their way through the complexes of Shapur to secure and destroy a cache of enemy weapons. Making the task much, much harder than it sounds was a force of INDFOR troops with Lee-Enfields and rickety, old Soviet carbines/SMGs. OPFOR was victorious in the end, but paid a non-trivial price in terms of bodies. Next, 60 comrades deployed by helicopter to the Black Forest area of Chernarus, in comrade Wilson's woodland epic of exploding mortar rounds, Forest Gateau. The mission was almost completed when the Party's medical officer ruled that anticipated levels of PTSD were above the legal threshold. It was terrifying, but in a glorious way. Probably still shaking, we returned to a different part of Chernarus, this time approaching the eastern coastline in comrade Toppometer's new mission, Beach Boys. Whilst the RM platoon that landed on the beaches contained the majority of our numbers, the rest were already inland as part of a smaller force of high-speed, low-drag USMC Special Forces types (that always makes me think of this). The US Marines actually survived (apart from the one that was killed by some stairs), as did an astonishing proportion of the Royal Marines (after destroying a lot of enemy supplies, and the odd tank). All of this competence was, of course, unacceptable, so the high-intensity murder of Holy Stones was brought forward, which OPFOR won. Digging deep into the vaults, we played Folk-era guerilla classic, Halted, in which nearly all of us survived an ambush on an army convoy, despite being armed with bolt-action rifles and rickety AKs. Only comrade Moon Moon didn't make it, but comrade IceRaiser carried his body away for a proper burial. At least, that's what IceRaiser said he was going to do with it. .... He was a bit .. handsy .. but ... I'm sure it was all okay. ... Right?

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU's FA doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really helps us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

:v:

dancemoox

Re: [Sun] 23 Jun 2013 (A PTSD experience)

Post by dancemoox »

Another truly cracking session chaps!

Fulcrum - Opfor Charlie Medic

Medicine in the back of a BTR-40. I drove His Lordship Penny and some of Charlie up the the compound we were to clear. As soon as we rocked up we were losing some valiant Charlie dudes to walls as well as bullets. I moved inside the industrial building to patch up Carson and some of his C1 guys who'd been badly wounded inside, an AT round struck the building destroying it and wounding all of C1 meaning I had to redo my medicine. I tagged along with Charlie clearing buildings, Daf spotted an enemy moving north in an attempt to flank and I had the gap in the north wall covered and my selector switch on burst. Aquarius didn't stand a chance when he burst around the wall. Beyond that I patched up some more dudes with my medicine and took part on the bunker assault. Decent mission and even a medic defensive kill ;)

Forest Gateau - Charlie 3 AT with Dabbo our broken legged FTL, Pr3sario AR and Issus AAR.

Landing at LZ Charlie I was able to watch as someone ejected twenty feet up and fall to his death, one of the plus points about taking the rear gunner.. We moved out on the right flank and eventually met resistance at a dirt road. Once the targets were dealt with we moved up on the road, we didn't see one guy who was 'one with the tree' he dropped Dabbo, Pr3sario and Issus before I could drop him. I patched up Dabbo and went for Issus. Mortars were still landing around us, one hit C2 and shwacked them in one I believe. More dudes were in the trees and we took casualties as Charlie regrouped on our position, a mortar round landed in front of Pr3sario and he somehow survived with his giblets apparently still attached. We lost Dabbo to broken legs when we moved north, I patched up someone from C1 who'd taken shrapnel, he stood up walked two steps and another mortar landed the way he was walking. He went down again thankfully meat shielding me from the blast. I survived with a moderate case of PTSD and my limbs still attached so that's really all I can ask for!

Beach Boys - Zulu 2 AR
Iceraiser FTL Nuttytec and Warner

Tasked with being a splinter cell Moon Moon I was forbidden to use my MK48 unless things got really bad so I was running around the hill north of the tractor factory with my silenced M9. Myself and Z1 AR covered the assault on the factory, we lost nobody to enemy fire, just gravity and FF. On coming down to meet Zulu 2 at that factory entrance I dropped a sneaky dude with my M9 :commissar: and rejoined Ice for the attack on the arty positions. Cleared hot with my baddass 7.62 death machine I wiped out the irritating technical that'd been zipping around the main road. Ice blew up a BRDM 2 with a satchel in a daring display of high speed low drag. Zulu force then cleared the rest of the positions without real incident, dealing with emplacements and blowing the guns quickly. With our job done and the local populace converted over to Democracy we headed down to the beach, killing some armed locals on the way. What were the Royal Marines doing down on the coast? Throwing a laser party it seemed to me. We got on our boats and some RM tried to extract with us, once out to sea we proved just how super secret behind the lines stuff should be done :clint:

Holy Stones - Opfor Alpha 2 AR
Dabo FTL Terminal Boy AAR

We rushed, I healed Dabo and shot some guy in the foot who'd crawled in the bunker. Mission end.

Halted - Delta AR
Iceraiser FTL, Antler Owl & The Red Sniper

Tasked with holding the north road we killed a DShK technical leaving it mechanically sound. I manned the gun and blew the crap out of the vehicles and dudes I could see down the road. With no targets Ice got in and drove me towards the building Antler and Red were set up in. All I heard was the Enfield fire and I was dead instantly, I'd been murdered by an Egg! Watching in the spectator script, I saw Ice lift my body from the UAZ and carry me forward on the advance into town, he carried me all the way forward and all the way back to the extraction. Brothers with the moustache and aviators got to stick together!
fer wrote:Only comrade Moon Moon didn't make it, but comrade IceRaiser carried his body away for a proper burial. At least, that's what IceRaiser said he was going to do with it. .... He was a bit .. handsy .. but ... I'm sure it was all okay. ... Right?
To that fer I couldn't possibly comment, I hope he returned my bones to my family as a man of The North I'm sure he will, and remember Egg, Moon Moon remembers! :commissar:

Cholo (after party)

Selected to serve on the filth squad I took cover with two of my fellow officers and enacted protocol 'hide in the cupboard'. It worked well until the bullets passed through the wall and killed me..

Thanks again guys a truly great session and 60 guys is worth a medal!

Moon Moon out :D
ramming speed!

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Beach Boys - Bravo 1 AT

This was an awesome mission, gets pretty intense at times but still felt like a fair challenge. Good session!

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

I loved your stream guido, I would totally watch another!

COing that mortar mission was so intense, pretty sure I got shell shock!

To those who asked about the you tube channel and the status of thisisfolk, please head over here and give the thread a brief read over! - http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5692#p5692

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Will edit in a full AAR here later, but for now:
Beach Boys
Zulu2 FTL: IceRaiser
AR: Moon Moon
AAR: NuttyTek
AT: Warner

Warner died due to an aweful Blue-on-Blue incident in the Factory and SL-SuperÜ decided to hug a bullet...aaaaaaand:

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Awesome night, lovely to see these kind of numbers for some epic-scale missions! Loved the video, NImrod! Great stream too GinCpt.

Fulcrum - OPFOR (attack) Alpha SL

A return to Shapur, but this time not quite as filled with death (on our side, anyway). Starting in the south, our 2-fireteam squad hopped into some coupé BTR-40s and steamed north to the nearest compound along with Bravo, while Charlie hooked east to flank a factory ahead of us. After bashing down some walls, we dug in on the north side and heard tales of woe coming from Charlie, with ourselves thinning out a small horde of enemies to our north. Taking few casualties and with Stoner making good use of the gunwagon, we eventually pushed our way northwest into the main factory complex, and we must have collectively wiped out the other team as the mission ended shortly thereafter.

Forest Gateau - Apache gunner

A rare treat of a slot. :3 Pilot Awaitz was balling with his three-monitor TrackIR joystick setup and kept the platform moving in all the right ways. Approaching the AO from the southwest, we slowly popped up over a ridgeline and popped a BMP and a few troops to the south, then started moving around the perimeter, searching the southern, mostly clear area with FLIR. We frequently got led to targets by the chinooks spraying areas with gunfire, usually yielding a foot-troop or two. Our first called-in target was a large mass of infantry on the northwest side, in between two fireteams, and though it had mostly been reduced to a starfield of IR-white bodies, we put a few survivors out of their misery, before retreating.

After a while more of scouting and sniping the occasional soldier, we caught sight of an IFV tearing along the road, circling around to catch it from the flank, and sending some cannon roads tearing down to blow up its whole area. A while after that a MG UAZ started harrassing our chinooks, so Awaitz closed in on it to close range, Airwolf style, salvo after salvo ripping through the trees on either side of the road until it went careering off a bank and blew up. Shortly thereafter things got hairy as another large group of industry started spraying us with MG fire and even a close-call RPG shot before we could take out the worst offenders and scare away the rest.

Unfortunately by this point we noticed the fuel gauge was dropping like a stone -- apparently a lucky shot had pinged our tank. We pushed hard along the treetops and managed to land just as the fuel was dipping into the red, but as we were ready to take off again the mission ended, prompting some victory cannons into the air. :D

Beach Boys - Bravo SL

Another nice cinematic mission, a beach assault at night in Chernarus, while another contingent from the US marines conducted a parallel attack in the north, trying to break through towards us. The ocean spray and searchlights were soon accompanied by tracers curving lazily over the water towards us, but we managed to beach safely and blast our way up to the road, with Alpha occupying a gas station just to our north and covering our advance west towards a large hill, while Charlie headed south to start making moves on Solnichiy.

We moved quickly and efficiently from point to point, taking down some light resistance until we could work our way up the hill. After fending off a small attack from the west we found the fog stopped us from acting as a proper base of fire, so instead headed south to screen one of the roads leading into Solnichiy, since we heard an engine from that direction. MAT1, who were attached to us but not on our comms, had already made our way there, which we were very glad of when a BRDM emerged from the fog and ran right into their rocket. Digging in and taking out a few skirmishing troops, we started hearing more and more talk of a tank approaching -- fortunately by the time it came lumbering past us, MAT and other nearby AT-havers had their sights up and blasted it to hell.

We now heard that Alpha were surrounded by hordes of nasty stuff way up to the north, so started heading that way. Unfortunately MAT got left behind and also shot, so B2(?) were sent to rescue them while B1 and me headed towards the CO, who was also beleaguered. The MAT team unfortunately expired before we could heal them up, but their fighting spirits lived on in the weaponry we stole from their bodies. Finally rendezvousing and heading north, we pushed our way into the compound Alpha had managed to defend so valiantly and awaited the arrival of the Americans, 'Zulu'. Once we'd all shook each others hands and made eachother cups of team, we sprinted our way back to our boats, only to find ours had been stolen by that rapscallion, Tigershark. Bad show! But also, jolly good show from everyone involved. Pip pip!

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Fulcrum
Deployed as OpFor Charlie 1 FTL
The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming! Well, they will be once we figure out how to unhook the seatbelts! Once we had scrollwheel'd and spacebar'd our way out of our angels in the sky, they lifted off to rain fire down on those arrogant cods. And rain they did. Fire. They rained down in fire. Our beloved choppers, aflame and exploderized on the ground.

Charlie 1 arrived at our given RV point only to find out that Charlie 2 and CSL were waiting all de way back at base at a different Charlie RV point. My AAR stepped out away from the wall and promptly got his head taken off by a .303 caliber round, proving that the militia had decided to contest Shapur 2. Crawling under the crumbling wall, my two remaining men stacked up with me and then cleared into a rickety-looking shed in which someone claimed to have seen an enemy. No enemy to be found, but there were suddenly Lee-Enfield bullets crashing through the aluminum sides, and a rocket bringing the entire structure down on our heads, all courtesy of one evil, evil Black Mamba.

Our beloved Dancemoox slapped me in the face a few times until I revived from under the rubble, and we extricated ourselves, dusting off the metal fragments and debris from our shoulders, only for my AT dude to trip over an I-beam in the wreckage and fatally impale himself on a stick of rebar protruding from the debris. Damn, this run as FTL really isn't going well for me. :cry:

The militia had overplayed their hand, though, and one by one we picked them off as they engaged our forces piecemeal and were answered with the full might of Mother Russia's finest automatic weapons. Finally, all that remained were a few stragglers desperately trying to hold the stockpile itself against the Russian horde... where we reversed the tables on them and fed our soldiers into the building's only entrance one at a time.

Finally, I screamed, "FLOOD THE BUILDING, FLOOD THE BUILDING!" and bravely charged in with at least two other dudes, and the bunker lit up with gunfire. When the smoke cleared, we were staring the victory screen in the face!

Forest Gateau
Deployed as Alpha Squad Leader
An empty meadow. A Chinook lands and disgorges 14 men. They bound forward and vanish into a forest.

In that forest, they slowly advance and obliterate a mortar position, but not before the bastards in Bravo wound their glorious leader with Blue-on-Blue.

Not a hundred yards away, they again slowly advance into eternity as a mortar shell obliterates Alpha's command element.

FIN

Beach Boys
Deployed as Royal Marines Commander
Well, the Yanks have done it again. Gotten us mired in a war not of our choosing, likely to risk our lives for their own shortsighted geopolitical whims. And now that their spec ops "Zulu" team has gotten trapped on hostile shores, we have to go in and not only rescue them, but complete half their objectives for them!

Unfortunately, American intelligence (hah!) didn't inform us that there were sections of Gold Beach (an American came up with that name - clever, innit?) wherein tracery death awaited us with no warning. Delta got chewed up on the way in, and spent some minutes shell-shocked on the dock as they grieved for their fallen comrades.

Fortunately, Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie, along with their attendant attachments, made it ashore safely and quickly and professionally set about accomplishing the tasks I'd laid out for them. Charlie and a reconstituted Delta swept through Solnichniy, while Bravo attained a covering position only to discover the fog to be too hindering for their vantage point to do any good. Instead, Bravo interdicted reinforcements coming from further inland by closing the valley below them to any Chedaki traffic. Meanwhile, Alpha screened the platoon to the north, and did such a good job of it that they largely seized the factory of Northern Solnichniy without much, if any prompting on my part.

At this point, though, AT assets had run low, so I pulled the platoon closer together as tanks and helicopters circled us like sharks, waiting for us to run out of rockets before they struck. Before that happened, we laid eyes upon super-spec-ops team Zulu, who vanished back into the night. In the distance, we heard rock music blaring as a boat roared away from shore. We followed soon thereafter.

VICTORY!

Holy Stones Game of Stones
Deployed as Azoz's (OpFor) Alpha 1 Bannerman
Some say the Northmen are cold, calm, and considerate, compassionately shepherding their men through thick and thin with a caution born of the burden of responsibility. Wafflynumber is no such man. Young, and brash, and risky, and daredevil enough to make it work, he responded to the beheading of his beloved father by declaring Holy War upon SuperU's lions! We brave Northmen swarmed over the shrine like wolves on a moose, and though our numbers were thinned, we each took down twice our weight in foes until no Southerners remained to slur our name, and Wafflynumber arrived at the shrine to be crowned...

KING IN THE NORTH(ern neighborhoods of Zargabad)

Halted
Deployed as CO
The Evil Army appeared out of nowhere, their vehicles stacking up in the roads behind ol' Joe Steel's car as it lay broken and dead in the middle of the road. Just as I had planned. I whistled, and the men of the village, the brave soldiers of the Third International Fighting Brigade of Takistan in the Name of Che Guevara, heeded my call! They seized the Lee-Enfields from their closets and poured into the streets. Northern Zavarak is dominated by two major streets that Echo and Delta teams sealed off from the get-go, and Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie teams swept mercilessly through the town, thoroughly exterminating every last one of those Army doodie-heads! Our only casualty? Dancemoox, ye shall be remembered, a bullet-riddled lamp-post being your grave-maker for all eternity!

Cholo (after party)
DRRRRURRRRRURRRURRRUUUUUUUGS!!!
Wolfenswan and I were the most high-speed, low drag of all the drug-crazed rockers, eschewing the cowardly automatic weapons of our comrades and seizing our trusty makarovs instead! I followed Wolf's blitz up the ladder to the second floor of the cop station, where we cornered three coppers in the unlocked top-floor office. As two comrades closed in from the front, I snuck around back to the window and pumped a magazine of bullets through the glass and into Dan's stomach! VICTORY!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Draith

Post by Draith »

Beach Boys, perspective of the US Marines
*edit: Apologies for the quality of the video, it looks awesome raw, but movie maker and youtube conspired to made it shit.
Last edited by Draith on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

A marvellous evening's entertainment and I managed to avoid Mr. Death all evening, though this is purely because Forest Gateaux was called before the bloody remnants of Bravo 2 (just myself at the very end) got shot up/mortared again.

Fulcrum - OPFOR Bravo 1 AR

FTL - Cuddlefish, AAR - Mr-Link, AT - TheMostBasicSpell

I think Bravo was the last squad to figure out how to escape the loving embrace of our Mi-8s and thus were a little behind Charlie in setting up overwatch positions to cover Alpha's advance towards the first fortified town. Cuddlefish found a nice rooftop for us to watch North from and it wasn't long before the enemy started moving around in front of us. I then learned several lessons about the RPK-74, a weapon I hadn't used from buildings before.

1. When prone, despite appearing to have enough vertical clearance; all your rounds go into the one brick high wall around the roof.

2. Firing from the crouch is best done in semi-auto as muzzle climb is horrible even with 3-5 round bursts in full-auto.

After learning had occurred, several enemies found themselves full of bullets as we covered Alpha's advance. We then moved up, passing Alpha (and Charlie I think) to set up another overwatch position. I think it was about this point Bravo 2 took an RPG hit which also killed TheMostBasicSpell. This was also around the time that I managed to mis-hear Cuddlefish's fire order and shoot at Charlie as they moved up on our left (NW from our location). The Arma Gods were clearly out to have some fun at my expense as holding the crosshairs over the half-seen moving bodies didn't offer any clue to who I was aiming at until the second burst was on its way. Sorry about that.

Now down to a 3-man FT, I covered Cuddlefish and Mr-Link as they advanced and vice-versa until we reached the final bunker. Things got a bit hectic as the defenders opened up on us, but I made it into the bunker and was fired on straight away. I fired back and the defender moved back from the top of the stairs he'd fired from and I recklessly ran up after him. We both shot each other a lot, but he died first and must have been the last defender as the game declared Victory for OPFOR as he slumped to the ground.

[b]Forest Gateaux - BAF Bravo 2 AR[/b]

FTL - Draith, AAR - Kefriz, AT - Brown

After a very smooth and death-free helicopter insertion, Draith led Bravo 2 on a sweep towards the "Last Known Mortar Position" marked on our maps. It turned tout to be the last known position for quite a few of Bravo..

Apart from the ever-louder sounds of the out-going mortar rounds, our bounding towards the marker was pretty quiet. Right up to the point that we entered a small dell next on the outskirts of the hamlet where the first mortar was emplaced. The rest of the FT opened up on the enemy mortar team, but I couldn't see who they were shooting at from my position and just as I moved to get a better view; my world filled up with incoming bullets. I still have no idea where this fire came from, but it killed FTL Draith and AT man Brown instantly and wounded Kefirz and myself.

Toppometer appeared miraculously to get us back on our feet just in time for us to come under fire from a wooded ridge to the South East. This time I could see the enemy and gave them a whole belt from my L110 for their troubles although I think I got hit again. The CO SuperU and his HQ group showed up shortly afterwards and we moved off towards the next mortar location only to have someone's mortar bombs rain down upon us. It turns out that shrapnel hurts as much as bullets, but now we had SuperU's personal Medic to patch us up. My memory is a little hazy about what happened for the next 5 or so minutes, but I think I followed Toppometer who was sent to link up with Alpha (who'd lost comms and possibly their whole command element).

We got back to SuperU just in time for the shower of minigun fire that raked our location and claimed the life of the thrice-wounded Kefirz along with wounding most of the HQ group. I'd lost a lot of blood by now, so the Chinook that dived into the ground with all miniguns blazing might have been a hallucination. I think the mission was called at this point despite us not destroying all the mortars as our small BAF force had shed so much blood the locals took pity on us and called a truce.

Beach Boys - Delta 2 AAR

FTL- Mr-Link, AR - Bandzai, Grenadier - Head

Our contingent of Royal Marine Commandos were tasked with clearing the docks at Solnichniy and the surrounding town in support of the USMC Sneaky Types. I believe The Party needs to issue a primer on the subject of opposed amphibious assaults to help Comrades understand the basics next time out.

My #1 Top Tip would be: Don't steer the boat at the breakwater. With the searchlight on it. And the HMG emplacement. If you still decide on this course of action, ensure that the boat's gunner shoots at all of the above from a long way out.

Being sat on the portside rear of the assault boat, I didn't know that we'd failed to follow any part of the above and had actually rammed the breakwater after it's defender had killed a goodly number of Delta. Someone was smart enough to jump out and kill the defender before he could cut down the rest of us. Our FTL Mr-Link was killed still in his seat and judging by the period of chaos that followed, Delta must have lost it's entire command element in one go. I decide to pick up an L110 from a fallen comrade as I though the firepower would come in handy which turned out to be the smartest thing I did all session..

Some semblance of order returned and the remnants of Delta moved out to clear the buildings along the coast road to the south. Along with a few scattered defenders, a number of technicals arrived from various directions and were promptly destroyed. As we had almost cleared as the T-junction with the Dolina road from the West, a BRDM showed up and our ARs didn't do much to persuade it to go away. Fortunately, we had a couple of AT johnnies with us and the BRDM was soon very secondhand. I had to take a break for a few minutes to change my Undergarments, Soiled, One Each after one of the AT chaps fired over the top of my head without warning.

Orders came in to schlep North along the coast road to occupy and hold the Factory until the Jarheads had finished whatever shenanigans they were up to. Another technical tried to spoil our little road march and was dealt with harshly. As we reached the factory, a bunker was spotted by a bus stop on the coastal side of the road and it was quickly shot-up by Head (and others). Most of the party from Solnichniy moved to assault the the Factory while I keep eyes Northwards along the coast road. Shortly after the Factory fell to my comrades, I heard "Terminal, there's a whole squad of EI next to the bus stop!". I was looking right at the bus stop next to the bunker and, as a seasoned user of public transport, should have known that there must be a corresponding bus stop on my side of the road.

"I don't see them" said I. "To your right!" said the radio. I turned. "Oh bugger.." said I as I spotted at least a FireTeam and a half less than 25 metres away. If I'd had my original L85, I think the EI would have got me as I reloaded after firing 30 rounds. As it was, they were all dead by the time I used up the 100 round belt in my acquired L110. My spare set of issue underwear were the only BAF casualty of The Bus Stop Massacre and I moved into the Factory in the hope of 5 minutes peace. Didn't get it as I went up onto the roof of the tall buidling East of the silos and found some more EI to shoot at including a truck which took a whole belt before it halted ablaze straddling the railway tracks just North of the Factory.

A Hind appearing and kept buzzing overhead until it started flying low enough for us to hit it. It eventually succumbed to our small arms fire and almost crashed on top of where I was firing from. I'd used up all my L110 ammo, so I returned to the bus stop to loot the EI for another LMG. I'd just taken an RPK-74 from an enemies dead hands when I heard an explosion from the coast. I ran over to find Head reloading a borrowed RPG-7 after firing at a BMP-3 stuck in the surf. The waves must have been diffusing the blast from his RPG rockets as he put 2 more into the BMP and it was still moving.. The UMSC element showed up shortly after Head had used up every RPG rocket he could find and one of them must have been carrying something with a bit more wallop to it as the BMP took a very load hit and was instantly destroyed.

All objectives completed, we jogged back South along the coast road to our boats ready for exfiltration where our our elation over a job well done was soon forgotten as we were greeted by our dead comrades still sat in Delta's battered boat..

Holy Stones - Alpha 2 AAR

FTL - Dabbo, AR - Dancemoox.

We ran straight towards the Shrine to seize Azoz's rightful property. Many enemy died. The Tag system proved lacking. I shot Nuttytecc. Sorry about that. We were victorious!

Halted - Echo AAR

FTL - Fer, AR - Nuttytecc (who is a good sport about FF), AT - Wolfenswan

Grabbing my Grandfather's ancient Lee-Enfiled, I ran to join my comrades in our attack on our Godless oppressors. Our job was to keep the Western road free of infidels as our brothers hunted them down in courtyard and alleyways. We had hardly reached our chosen position before an enemy jeep hurtled up the road towards us. We killed it occupants and claimed for ourselves. I manned its Dushka and killed every enemy foolish enough to show themselves by leaving the shadows. After a while, our brothers pushed the hated enemy down the road and out of sight from my position. Our Commander decided that we'd killed enough of them for one night and should disperse before they could send reinforcements. I was lucky enough to get a ride to safety in the jeep as one of my sandals had a big hole in it from enemy gunfire earlier.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Fulcrum - Confused IndFor AT dude

Snipers are a weapon of mass distraction. Even though I did die quite early in that mission, because of a bad call I made, even though I was totally late to the party and lagging behind my fireteam, I probably had the best fun I ever had in an adversarial mission. Probably, at least. That's because my brain's all messed up again and my oldest memory is from yesterday.

Anyway, for some reason, which I don't really recall, I was badly lagging behind while our FT was to move to Shapur-2. Yeah, I remember now, that's because I stopped to shoot at the dudes that bailed out from an about-to-hug-the-ground chopper. I missed them, so I went and search for them. Never did find them, though.

So, I'm lagging behind, and my fireteam is already entering Shapur-2. They call contacts. A squad. A whole Squad. The Enemy's own Charlie Squad. I should haul ass now. Quickly check the road to the south, there might be movement there, but I need to get back to my team. I cross without any incident, and enter the compound as a few cracking sounds break the overall silence. Gunshots. Red things bleeping all over my hud. All my fireteam is down, one of them is still alive. He's north-east of me, but there's a big patch of open ground between us. They're close. I can't get to him, I won't get to him.

There's a white little building in front of me. It's really nice because it has that external stairway, just on my side, and it's covered from the south. Egress route. None, or not much. I just hope they don't come blazing in from my six. A quick look through the windows tells me that building is still clear. Good! I slowly creep up the stairs, Lee-Enfield is pointing forward, and I see that metal warehouse in front of me. Doors are open on both sides and give me a perfect view on the other side. Aquick, nervous look to the right. I'm good.

Then I see him. That one dude, slowly trying to slice the pie before entering. But he's focused on what's inside the building. I'm outside. Bang. I'm about to pop back into cover, while trying to get something out of this rusty bolt-action mechanism, but there he is. Another one. Right behind him. I giggle. He's looking the wrong way. Say hello to my own comrade three'o'three.

Then they literally flood into the building. Damn. That's a lot of them. I drop back into cover. I'm all alone, here. I take another shot. That one just won't die. He's not feeling that well, though. Another one. Goddamn, I just shot that wall right in front of me. I panick. Too many. There are just too many. I send a few shots wholesale, or as much as I can do with that antique. They saw me.

The bricks in front of me suddenly explode in a fury of ricochets, bullets whizz by my ears. Time to get out. Wait. The job description sure as hell didn't say sniper. That's why I have that rocket thing on my back. Hell, it's gonna be a nice way to cover my retreat. I arm the thing, pop out on the left side of the building, just enough to see the warehouse, but not enough for people in it to see me. Blow it to hell. Die.

Anyway, I don't have time to mess around, it's time to get out. Somebody in my FT is still alive, but I don't see him, so I run for the only escape I saw: that breach in the wall, to the south. It's exposed to the enemy, but that's all I have now. I get out. That rocket must have hurt, they're still not clearing my old building. Should I have stayed? I'm out anyway, now.
Oh god. there's a BTR. Right in front of me. A DshK on it. And nobody inside it. For some reason, nobody saw me from the south. I'm going for the fl- damn, Squad lead wants us to fall back north. North. Squad Lead is a funny dude. I have an enemy squad fifty meters away, north-east, and I need to go through it or face the HMGs to the south west.

Sadly I chose the south west and got cut in half by an hmg burst. A minute later, our MMG team showed that the other side was not the solution either, daf was watching.