Radio trigger

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Spinoza

Radio trigger

Post by Spinoza »

Hello,

Im trying to make a mission where a column of Independents (on trucks, tanks etc) are passing through a village occupied by say USMC. My aim is to make them hostile to Independent by radio trigger (radio alpha). Any clue of a clever way to do this? I wish to point out that the radio trigger should only work for the Bluefor occupying that particular village, not to every Bluefor on the map. Thanks for any advice.

wolfenswan

Re: Radio trigger

Post by wolfenswan »

create an array with all the USMC units/units in the village, make them all setcaptive true and reverse that to {_x setcaptive false} forEach usmc_unit on trigger fire.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCaptive

If the units in the village are AI setting them to captive will not prevent them from shooting, so you might have to set the convoy to setCaptive true as well.

Alternatively (but i think unnecessarily complex) you could set Independent as friendly to Blufor by default and have all the groups join OPFOR groups on trigger fire, thus making them hostile.

hope that helps, if need be I can throw together a quick demo mission

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

Wolfenswan, thanks for your help. Ive been busy with non-Arma related matters all summer and havent had much time to play the game. I will try this at some point, probably at some large number coop. Yeah, if you have time to make a demomission that would be most awesome! :)

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I just realized, an even easier way would be to give all the Indp. a "never fire" waypoint or use setCombatMode "Blue" to the same effect and use setCombatMode "RED" on all Independent groups when the trigger fires.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCombatMode