[F2 Help] Editing loadouts

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Macaco

[F2 Help] Editing loadouts

Post by Macaco »

I am trying to make a mission and I can't seem to change loadouts using the folk_assigngear files. At first I was trying to create a custom loadout and that wasn't working, so I just tried to switch to a different class that already existed, but still nothing changed. It seems to only change when I change the unit in the dropdown menu, but basically still ignores the folk_assigngear no matter what I change.

Also the wiki has different code than my F2 copy. Wiki says "nul = ["co",this] execVM "f\common\folk_assignGear.sqf";" and my copy of F2 (261) says "nul = ["co",this] call f_fnc_assignGear;"

wolfenswan

Re: [F2 Help] Editing loadouts

Post by wolfenswan »

Unfortunately the wiki is quite out of date, which will be corrected when 2-7-0 is released (soon).
If you want to use the latest loadouts (more rifle grenades, more backpacks, A2 platoons preplaced) you can use the development version from GitHub.

The version with "call" is the correct one. For all you care you can treat it the same, the only difference is that the version with call allows the correct gear to be displayed in the briefing while the older version with execVm only worked after the briefing. Just make sure that the two "Don't delete me!" units that are placed in F2 are in your mission as well.

To modify the weapon loadout for a specific side, open the f_assigngear_side.sqf and edit the class names.

For example:
in f_assignGear_us.sqf you find

Code: Select all

_rifle = "M16A4"; _riflemag = "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";
if you'd want to give the US a G36 instead, you'd replace the class names with

_rifle = "G36K_camo"; _riflemag = "30Rnd_556x45_G36";
If you'd want to edit what soldier classes come equipped with, you have to scroll past the class designations, where you find the cases for each loadout, for example

// LOADOUT: COMMANDER
	case "co":
Here you can replace any weapon or magazine with the variables (_rifle, _carbine, _grenade etc.) designated above.

I hope that helps, if you want I can go further into detail.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

I figured out most of that looking through the files but I think I may be missing something. I was using the TK local CO and editing the name/group (from GrpGUE_CO to GrpGUE_DA), and I made a custom loadout in folk_assignGear_tk_gue (I also did tk_ins just to make sure) and it didn't change the loadout to what I wanted, it just gave them the generic warlord loadout.

Does changing the end of group/name from CO to something else break the script? and if it does where can I fix it so that my Not-a-CO isn't called CO?

This is what I added to the file

_AK = "AK_47_M"; _AKmag = "30Rnd_762x39_AK47";
and

case "dc":
	{
		{_unit addmagazine _AKmag} for each [1,2];
		_unit addweapon _AK;
	};
and in the units init

GrpGUE_DA = group this; nul = ["da",this] call f_fnc_assignGear;

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

the loadout isn't affected by a unit name.
you need to change the "dc" in the assignGear Script to whatever parameter the call in the unit init passes, in this case "da".

folk_assignGear.sqf checks for two things:
1. The unit faction, from which it decides to call a specific assignGear_side subscript. That's what the switch in folk_assignGear.sqf does.
2. The first parameter parsed in nul = ["x",this] call f_fnc_assignGear. That's what the switch in the assignGear_side scripts check.

The Group Name affects only the group markers (folk_setLocalGroupMarkers.sqf) and the GroupIDs (folk_setGroupIDs.sqf).

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

"dc" was a typo. I fixed that and it's still not giving me the gear I want. The unit is Independent >Takistani Local>Men>Warlord which should be using the tk_gue if I'm not mistaken.

I almost think just doing it manually would be faster but I'd like to take the time to learn F2 instead of just taking shortcuts all the time.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

You did copy the two "don't delete me" units along with the server game logic and functions module? They compile the f_fnc_assignGear in their init. If they aren't loaded first, the call won't work.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

The only changes I've done where changing it from takistan to zargabad, deleting all but the US army group, and two of the Takistan Locals, then trying to change the gear. Other than that it is unchanged from stock 261

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Could you upload your stuff somewhere?

By the way, since 1.62 we have a new addMagazine command, which can be quite the fun when doing minimal loadouts missions like that.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

https://github.com/omacaco/SaveTheSaviors.Zargabad

I have seen people talking about using github a lot for missions so I put it up on there.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

You did well, sir. So from what I can see at first glance, you did not add any East unit in this mission. The only opfor unit in the mission.sqm is the dude from F2.
So I guess I missed something.