SpecialSoup

[FEEDBACK] faco_adv82_rep_revolution_v2

Post by SpecialSoup »

Feedback please.

Suggestions likely to be implemented -

Replace BMPs with M113s

Stuff I've already done -

Reduce Capitalisation

Stop the UN AI from going crazy when something comes down the road.

Macaco

Re: [FEEDBACK] faco_adv82_rep_revolution_v2

Post by Macaco »

I'll skip the theorizing about how it would be if it had more than two people. As UN CO I have two thoughts. First I'm not really sure why the squads spawn so far from the ifv, Second you're missing and end game trigger ;)

Regarding the change from BMP to 113: unless you take away RPG from OPFOR. Seems you are taking away something from the UN without any balance. The strength and speed of the BMP is quickly defeated by intelligent IED placement or roadblocks. Where as a 113 is gone by a lucky rpg, leaving the UN with (if they thought to bring them) a couple soft trucks and on foot, to make it the rest of the way.

SpecialSoup

Re: [FEEDBACK] faco_adv82_rep_revolution_v2

Post by SpecialSoup »

Macaco wrote:I'll skip the theorizing about how it would be if it had more than two people. As UN CO I have two thoughts. First I'm not really sure why the squads spawn so far from the ifv, Second you're missing and end game trigger ;)

Regarding the change from BMP to 113: unless you take away RPG from OPFOR. Seems you are taking away something from the UN without any balance. The strength and speed of the BMP is quickly defeated by intelligent IED placement or roadblocks. Where as a 113 is gone by a lucky rpg, leaving the UN with (if they thought to bring them) a couple soft trucks and on foot, to make it the rest of the way.

The squads spawn far away to create a time advantage for OpFor. It fits with the briefing too.

I'm considering keeping the BMPs and just limiting the speed. It would reduce mission breaking accidents too when running down the hill.

M113s are a bit too... Fragile