ACE and F2

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
SpecialSoup

ACE and F2

Post by SpecialSoup »

I've been messing around with F2 and ACE, and fortunately the wounding system is very easy to add.

The issues lie with the gear, specifically the medics. All units receive the most basic of supplies in ACE's additional gear slots, but medics spawn without their backpacks full of healing goodness. It's also preferential to have units start with Morphine and Epinephrine in small amounts.

I've been directed towards https://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/s ... c_PackIFAK by Head but I'm not sure where to place it for it to be called properly.

And help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
SpecialSoup

Cam

Re: ACE and F2

Post by Cam »

Running that IFAK code in the faction gear scripts, like so:

Code: Select all

_success = [_unit, 1, 1, 1] call ACE_fnc_PackIFAK;
will load up everyone's IFAKs with the max gear they can carry (For example, with the US Army, an Elastic Bandage, a normal bandage and a CAT). As Head says though, if you want to add ACE Wounds gear to the normal unit inventory, the wiki pages he linked to explain how to do that, just make sure you use the magazine function to add the medical gear.

As an example of the above, see:
https://raw.github.com/cambam47/F2-PA/m ... ar_ace.sqf

That's how I assign ACE Wounds gear with F2, it tends to be easier than manually adding it to the gear lists, per faction. If you DL that file and put it in your F2/f/common folder, adding "#include "folk_assignGear_ace.sqf" to the ACRE block of code in the root assignGear.sqf script should(I haven't been able to test it properly yet, but I can't see any issues) fill all IFAKs, and load the medics up with medical gear (although you may need to change the gear scripts to use ACE Rucks, not sure how well it'd function with the default A2 ones).

EDIT: My bad, I missed your bit about everyone already having full IFAKS. Out of curiosity, are you disabling the auto-assignation (Is that actually a word?) of ACE Wounds gear? If so, you'll need to add medical gear manually to the Medics' rucks. The disadvantage of keeping it on is that all units, even non-medics, get their rucks filled with a bunch of med supplies, which causes a few issues when you want them filled with ammo.

head

Post by head »

Started work on F2 ACE today o.

Changes so far:
Misc gear changes (Medical backpacks for medics filled with 7 elastic,10 bandages,10 morphine,10 epi,5 medkits)
Using ace_pack function
Moduals added ( AE Ammo Cook-off,AE Map System,AE Enable Spare Tyre in Vehicles,AE force group markers off,ACE Wounds)

Questions?
Is it Acceptable to change all RAT to one-use AT? (two of em per man)?

Github page for Branch: https://github.com/headswe/F2/tree/ACE

that's it for now

head

Post by head »

More updates.
Almost all gear has been set.
New loadout Heavy Machine Gun Ammo bearer
MTR will spawn with a crate of mortars rounds
DC car spawns with medical equipment